Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Default lets hope the new forza horizon 3 release wont start a new trend

FYI forza horizon 3 released today... BUT only if you buy the 99.99USD version (129.99 canadian here with taxes 150$!). The regular version releases next tuesday. ridiculous

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Pay more for a few days early? What kind of crap is that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

This trend doesn't bother me all that much as long as the staggered release is only a few days apart. So some poeple get it early. Big deal. The same thing has been happening since the early 90s when games were first given definivie street dates - journalists and industry insiders have had access to finished games as much as two months before the official street date.

What bothers me far more than this is limited collector's editions of games suchas Sonic Mania which comes with an incredible assortment of feelies - but no physical game, literally missing the whole point of why people want physical limited editions to begin with..

It's like ordering one of those jumbo $15 super deluxe burgers at a high end resturant to find that there's no burger patty.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Agreed the above is the bullshit package. Lots of interesting items and no game ownership, just a download voucher. Sony started that shit on the PSP with I think Patapon2 and Loco Roco 2 wasn't it along with that Socom release? Enough caught on to what Sony was doing and started to copy that garbage. In more recent years there has been a moderate backlash on it where formerly only digital releases got physical ones sometime later for those who won't be a patsy.

I don't think it's a problem if someone wants to be a moron and pay 40 more for a 60 dollar game to pay it like 4 days earlier. If being that dumb is worth $10/day to them, let them. If they're that mindlessly addicted to some game/franchise that's their problem and no showing them how dumb their impatience is will change that.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I wouldn't if devs would delay games further in order to complete them to get more money, but not something like this. If we were going to pay for 4/5 of a game for $60 and then another 1/5 costs $20 in DLC, then I'd rather just every game be completed and cost $80. Never going to work like this as publishers are going to want more and more and more, regardless what the price is, it won't be enough so that'lll be their reasoning to still push DLC. This is one practice that I would pay money for.

Paying more for an early release of a game and a collector's edition that doesn't come with a game? I agree with both. Sh*t business practices that I hope don't become a thing. In Battlefield one's case, there is a collector's edition that doesn't come with the game and it's cheaper, and then there's a regular collector's edition, so if you only want the content but don't like the game, or you want to wait for the game to hit $20, in that case it's actually not bad, but Sonic only giving you a digital copy of the game is crap.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I couldn't possibly care less. They could come out a year before the cheaper release and I wouldn't give a shit. I don't keep up with new releases. Games don't have expiration dates, and the only games that really have time sensitive content are ones that have an online community focus. I don't play online though (expect for Mario Kart), and I don't really read much about current games to have them spoiled, so I don't care if cheaper versions of games are released later after jacked up early releases.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I couldn't possibly care less. They could come out a year before the cheaper release and I wouldn't give a shit. I don't keep up with new releases. Games don't have expiration dates, and the only games that really have time sensitive content are ones that have an online community focus. I don't play online though (expect for Mario Kart), and I don't really read much about current games to have them spoiled, so I don't care if cheaper versions of games are released later after jacked up early releases.
    Umm... yup. Any response from me would just be paraphrasing this sentiment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd have to mostly second that. I did grab Dragon Quest on 3DS last week via amazon preorder, but that's it in a very long time. The one before that was Uncharted 4 which I lost interest in and is still sealed. >:[ Before that I don't recall, but I think it maybe that sequel music FF title for 3DS and PS4 was Godzilla. I've lost interest in being abused by those companies and their shitty price schemes. I can wait 6mo and pay 33%+ off or a year and get the GOTY version once all their double the price or more DLC (which should have been IN the game) is included for $40. I'm finding more fun exploring games I rarely pecked at 10+years ago I sold off (my DS, GBA library I've re-bought some of) or new experiences on those or older including Sega stuff I barely touched.

Tens of thousands of reasons to ignore those pricks, and that doesn't even include real ownership downloads on GoG.com too.