Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I knew going in that I wouldn't be willing to use a controller D-pad for very long to play games. It was a pleasant surprise to find that PlayStation and Xbox controller analog sticks work just fine with the Evercade VS. The Evercade fansite https://evercade.info/ is documenting VS controller compatibility. With Arcade cartridges coming out on the VS, it might be nice to find an arcade stick that works with the VS. A USB trackball that works with the VS would make Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command and Crystal Castle games already on the system even more fun to play.

Evercade Info is also keeping track of the free games available when there is a game in both VS cartridge slots and other secrets and Easter eggs at https://evercade.info/vs-secrets-and-easter-eggs/

When I was looking at Evercade games at Amazon I saw that they were selling a paper Evercade Fanzine, but it's available free by signing up for a mailing list or you view them free at Evercade Info.

When I pre-ordered my first Evercade handheld from Funstock UK, it was delayed so long I thought it was vaporware and cancelled my pre-order. It's hard to believe how this thing has taken off and garnered so many followers so quickly. It's detractors seem to scoff at the idea of paying for cartridges instead of Evercade catering to those with full ROM sets, but lots of people seem to be trying for a complete set of games. Evercade discontinuing cartridges will only fuel collector FOMO, but at least they are cheap and seem readily available.
Evercade discontinuing carts is only due to the contract Blaze has or had with the companies. I can't explain Technos Collection 1 being discontinued outside of amount of time.

Namco's contract with Blaze was weird to begin with because those two collections were exclusive to Europe and can't be played on the Evercade vs due to Contract.
There a relationship issue it seems with Blaze Entertainment and the Japan branch of Namco.

Oliver Twins collection agreement with Blaze was reached under unique circumstances because the sales of the cart went to fundraising. Oliver Twins and Evercade teamed up to raise money for the National video game Museum in Sheffield, England. It has to be assumed the fundraising is only up to a certain amount of time.