Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
For me, the big push to play my home consoles is not that my interest has waned but that I don't want to leave everything hooked up and collecting dust, creating more work to clean, but I also don't want to dig a system out of my closet and have to hook it up in whatever little free time I get. Not only am I just too exhausted at the end of the day for digging stuff out, but I have so little free time that just the process of getting something hooked up will leave me with no time to play when I'm done, forcing me to wait till the next night for actual playing, which is a real buzzkill. So that's why my home consoles barely get touched and I end up grabbing my handhelds instead usually. The only thing I have to worry about there is getting things charging during the day so it's ready at night.
oh i totally get this, thats why i hated having my collection always in boxes but my former spouse kinda, for lack of a better phrase, kinda led me along like hey its almost time to move. I'm ok with things being in boxes at my current place because i know i am going to move but in the mean time since i have time now i have been going through, organizing these boxes and labeling them.

as for the systems i've looked twards other means. i want to have things hooked up but how many is too many. thats why i went with the NT Mini for NES/FC games, Super NT for SNES/SFC games, a backwards compatible PS3 for anything that gen and older and i am working on how to modify a Wii U so i can do GC/Wii/WiiU and maybe even DS games on it. then modern systems. the other stuff, either older than NES or wasnt mainstream (TG16, Vectrex, etc) isnt something i itch to play often soyou kinda have to pick and choose. I also have a small PC made of spare parts if i want to emulate but its very hit and miss, especially when it comes to PS2 games