Thread: Which Switch games are considered rare?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Demand is more important than rarity if you're just buying games for future values. Invest in copies of Pokemon games and trade them in the future for titles you want. I sold off most of the Pokemon games I had for GBA and DS before the pricing went nuts, I really could have got a good amount for them if I waited, or good trades. Too bad but it's just how things work out.
    Pretty much. The demand is out of control on everything relative to the supply. Now the rare games are 5x what they were worth 15 years ago, and the common games are worth 2x-3x what they were worth 15 years ago. Pokemon is a particularly egregious example. I could have paid off student loans with the amount of stuff I bought and sold on this very forum if I had just held it all like some long term stock investment.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    Limited Run Games messes with the calculus nowadays. The Switch library is an ocean of low print run crap. LRG has already released over 200 Switch titles.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=203011349
    This list is isn't even fully accurate. It doesn't have Star Wars Episode 1 Racer for Switch and contains Castlevania Rondo of Blood for TurboGrafx which as I understand it has not been released.
    Last edited by Baloo; 03-03-2024 at 02:58 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I can't remember if Rondo of Blood was one of the Castlevania Collection games. It wouldn't make sense to release it separately if it was. (had to have the NES trilogy, SCV4, Bloodlines and Kid Dracula. Were the remaining two Rondo and Haunted Castle?) No, probably not because I think the GB trilogy was in there somewhere. Maybe it was just the NES, SNES (excluding Dracula X which I recall they saved as bonus for the Advance Collection) and GB games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think PS2 REZ reprint answered that question. IT was rare selling hot, and then magically a fresh batch was printed. So now we have two copies floating around,. However that was like a slap in the face from the publisher. They think "people buy REZ to play it" when people not only play it but collect it.
    So if the Switch did the same thing would it matter?

Question? if a game is ported to the Switch and it gets a remake which is on PC, which version matters?

It is like GCN and Beyond Good and Evil or PSO. If Ubisoft and SEGA had focus on the GCN alone would it be a better game and would have been more collectable, because the fact you can still play those games on a Wii. We would have BGAE 4 by now.