Thread: Fire Pro Wrestling Customs

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Fire Pro Wrestling Customs

My sons are getting old enough that they enjoy watching pro wrestling these days. New, old, whatever they can, especially gimmick matches get them riled up. This got us busting out wrestling games. They enjoyed the N64 Aki games the most to play, but my oldest boy has gotten really into the Fire Pro Wrestling Returns custom editing on PS2.

I showed him all of my customs I made of classic WWF, and ECW guys years ago, and he had me make a Cactus Jack last night. It got me thinking: Did anyone else really get into that scene? I remember a time when there was a pretty big community doing custom belts, feds, and wrestlers everwhere, and I wondered if anyone here was/is a fan of doing that stuff?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

I bought 6 Man Scramble when it was first released on the Saturn. I think I only did one CAW on it, which required what felt like a ream of paper to print off and reference to during the process. When Fire Pro G came out I made 2 or 3 original CAWs but never did follow a guide someone else made. That was one of the few games my PlayStation DexDrive came in handy for, even if it was just to get a file with all the wrestlers renamed. Same with the Dreamcast.

I made a half dozen original CAWs in the first GBA Fire Pro because it was a perfect portable time killer. I never bothered with Fire Pro Returns for PS2. There's just so many wrestlers available to download with the Action Replay Max that if it's a known guy someone's probably already made them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm... I got into emulation early on, so I got around to Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium, when others were getting into the AKI games. I do remember people making custom animations(involving cages, ladders, tables, etc.). There was a DOS utility that could do things to an SRAM, like disable the lumberjack thing(automatically getting back in the ring) in the battle royal match, or making one of the edits have a Giant Baba portrait.

Eventually I got into(legit imported) Fire Pro Wrestling D and played the heck out of that. When they officially stopped releasing DLC moves, a fan took stuff from Fire Pro Wrestling Z on the PS2, and made new moves for D. I had a 4 page memory card that I mostly filled with data from this game. It was quite the Dreamcast memory hog.

Lately, if I play the series, I emulate D or Returns. Wouldn't mind finding that kind of stuff myself. I remember there used to be documents about how the in-game wrestlers were built. That could be useful for when they're not in another game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to double post. As I'm on a tablet lately, this doesn't care much for my browser, but these are the stats for every wrestler that's ever been in a Fire Pro Wrestling game:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...umQ/edit#gid=0
    Major thanks to whoever took the time to do that. Also it may be easier to work with the "New S & P" section.