Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Argh!!- Games & Consoles You Destroyed in Anger

Pac-Man (Level 10) Ascending Wordsmith's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Argh!!- Games & Consoles You Destroyed in Anger

Gaming rage; it happens. Hit the Ice for SNES pissed me off to the point where I yanked it from the console (without using the eject button) and threw it at the damned machine. The game spilt into halves and the SNES's casing was cracked with a small piece shipping off the corner.

I had to buy a new SNES but I'll never buy another copy of Hit the Ice for fear that I may need to buy another SNES.
    Never use a long word where a short one will do.

--George Orwell

(formerly PC Kwaj)

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I just know I'm going to cringe a lot reading this thread. I"ve never destroyed a console in anger - that would ROYALLY SUCK. I mean, how long are you mad? What happens 2 minutes after you get over it and you have a broken game system?! YIKES! I would think that would make you even madder!

Nah, I never break things when I get pissed off. Then again, it really takes a lot to get me mad. I can't even remember the last time I got "angry" playing a game.

I may not ever be able to visit this thread again, I fear the things I might see here.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've destroyed a N64 and a PC Joystick controller, but never a system.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never broken any hardware, but I broke my friend's finger once in a tussle over Baseball Stars. Every time I'd win he would do something to make his twitchy NES reset and my money would be lost... so we ended up on the floor in a heap until he started yelling OW OW OW YOU BROKE MY FINGER DICKHEAD. It was pretty funny. His finger was totall bent sideways.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man, I've destroyed SO MANY controllers and pieces of furniture due to "video game rage". Just off the top of my head, I can come up with the following....

-busted at least 15 NES controllers since the early 90's
    -about a half dozen 2600 joysticks
    -1 NES deck
    -7 or 8 SNES controllers
    -5 Dreamcast controllers
    -5 or 6 genesis controllers
    -4 psx digital controllers
    -3 psx dual shocks (the most recent being 3 weeks ago while playing Rocky)
    -2 coffee tables
    -1 bedroom door
    -a fractured wrist

I obviously have anger management issues, but I'm working on it. I still have yet to destroy an Xbox controller, so I've got that going for me!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I took a baseball bat to my Mr. Boston cart for Vectrex. Damn that game pissed my off. I kept getting killed in SD Gundam on my VB so I threw in in the street and ran over it with my car. I made it to the 51st level on our I Robot machine and then died. We were so mad we pushed it into the pool. Aaaargh!
    dud
    adj : failing to detonate; especially not charged with an active explosive; "he stepped on a dud mine" n 1: (informal) someone who is unsuccessful [syn: flop, washout] 3: an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual [syn: turkey, bomb]

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we change this topic title to "PEOPLE YOU SHOULD NOT INVITE TO YOUR GAME ROOM"?
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've smashed up a copy of Worms Blast with no regrets. That game is absolute rubbish.

I like Fezzes. Fezzes are cool. ubikuberalles's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    Can we change this topic title to "PEOPLE YOU SHOULD NOT INVITE TO YOUR GAME ROOM"?
    Really!

but then again I might be on that list. I only broke one system and that was my Atari ST. I was playing Empire on it and lost a key battle. Normally when I got frustrated with Empire I would hit the desk but this time I pounded my fist on the left side of the computer and shorted out the power supply. Cost me $80 (1987 dollars) to replace the Power supply.

After that I learned to only hit the desk (a couple of times I would bruise the bones of my wrist from the pounding).

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    Let's change it to people you shouldn't even meet in the first place! My face is not an angry Vectrex!!!!

Never destroyed any of my own stuff. Relatives would slam my NES pads down if they ever died though. Come on people, it's just Megaman falling down a pit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've busted a couple of ps2 controllers because of Timesplitters, Tony Hawk, and a few others.

Alundra actually caused me to pick up my TV and almost throw it out the window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've never destroyed anything. Not even those CD-i titles upstairs in my room, adding bad karma to the ambience up there. I've bounced my N64 and, more recently, my GameCube, off a concrete floor (luckily the N64 is indestructible, and the GameCube has a GameBoy Player on the bottom so only one corner of that GBP was dinged up) because I accidentally yanked the system from its perch by putting my darn foot down on the controller cord.

I once shattered a bad CDR between my fingers, it was cool with the shards of disk coating spiralling slowly through the air and the fragments of disk landing everywhere. That's about as bad as I get.

Oh, and sometimes I just delete demo ROMs or emulators that are no good. AARGH, Shift + Delete DESTROY!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have'nt busted anything console controller game related yet.. but I had busted about 10 keyboards while stealing from people in the online game ultima online just pisses you off when you fail or get killed by guards when you go to steal somehting valuable.. im also right now on the verge of breaking this Dreamcast controller if one more person in Victory Road on Fire Pro Wrestling D Criticals me on a Roll-Up, Small Package, or Any other type of fin pin that looks like it does no damage and knocks me out
    Currently Playing: Nobunaga's Ambition:LOD(Snes)

Current Systems: Coleco Gemini,Nes,Gameboy,Snes,Sega Genises,Sega Saturn,Gameboy Color,N64,PSX,Sega Dreamcast,PS2

My Collection:
    http://www.webspawner.com/users/atariman/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No physical game-related destruction in my history. But once, when I was 13, I knew a guy with one of those old Panasonic 8-Track players made to look like those things used to blow up TNT (red square-ish box with a T-shaped plunger handle at top). Well, I found my parent's old Don McLean American Pie 8-Track, and remembered that I used to love that album! So I played the tape.

BUT, the tape didn't play. It was dead, dead, dead. Pissed off that the tape had died, I chucked it across the room and watched the shattered shards explode all over the bedroom.

Turns out, the player was broken, and that particular album was out of print at the time. I felt pretty stupid after that.

Of course, when the album was re-released on CD sometime around 1987 or 1988 (I think), I bought a copy, only to find that the album was a bit more dull than I remembered.

Oh well.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only things I've ever broken were two SNES controllers. I'm not sure which game or games made me do it, but those two didn't last long after crashing into the wall. But all of thats in the past, since then I haven't thrown or broken any of my game things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I ripped Fire Pro Wrestling 2 from my GBA SP and threw it against the wall because that game is a stupid piece of shit straight from a dog's ass. I traded it in to Gamestop the next day. Next up is a PS1 controller that WOULD NOT let me do "soul steal" in CSOTN. I held it with one hand, punched it with the other and threw it in a drawer, where it's probably going to stay.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to top all of you, but do I have a story to tell.

One time a few years back I happend to call Nintendo about a problem a friend had with a GB. The guy at the other end of the line and I began to talk and what I heared fits perfectly right here. It seems the number 1 cause of all repairs to the NES at least Nintendo was fielding back then, that people were shooting there NES with bullets. That guy told me that the company even had one on display for the employees. One that was even set on fire, he sent me the photo of that one.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have broken 3 mice playing FPS' on the PC. When I die, I slap the mouse down without thinking.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never. Ever.

That's how many times I've destroyed hardware or software for a game system or computer. It's just not worth that kind of mad, and I usually paid too much for the games in the first place, or was aware that my parents did, to do something like that.

I like my stuff. Not gonna go trash it, now, am I?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

i bought a saturn once, i was all happy, i came home, it was missing the part that holds the cd, i took it outside took out my hammer and destroyed that piece of shit , i smashed into like 50 pieces i still find pieces now and then