Thread: FINALLY moving forward in SoA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FINALLY moving forward in SoA!

Some of you might remember me asking for Skies Of Arcadia help a long while back. Well, after a very long session late last night, I finally managed to move forward.

In a nutshell (as best as I can pull off that technique), I was stuck in Mt. Kazai, wandering aimlessly.

I think you're expected to be around level 30 when you are done with the mission; I'm at level 38 or 39.

I couldn't ever figure out where I was supposed to go to move forward in the game, and probably spent 20 hours pointlessly running into random encounters. The game clock shows almost 80 hours now.

BUT, around midnight last night I finally found where I was supposed to go, with the help of a very poorly-written FAQ over at Gamefaqs (I finally gave in and cheated/looked up the FAQ), I found my way, and got to fight the super-badass-stone-turtle. The turtle was far less challenging than the FAQ suggested. He was very strong, but not aggressive at all.

Around 1:30am my party defeated the Turtle, was returned to the ship at the pier, and I saved and went to sleep. Yahoo!

And now it's back to Progress....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So you didn't say why you didn't find this turtle in the first place? i.e. so what was the problem and why were you stuck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry about that!

I didn't realize I hadn't jumped into the water in the first, main room. Once I jumped into that water, I found the path I hadn't taken yet.

Things that make you say D'Oh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, last night I returned to SoA, for the first time since the last post in this thread.

I hit a milestone! About 1:15am or so, I finished Disc One! Yay! Whoopee! I then saved to the VMU and went to sleep. (Am I a party animal, or what?)

For those of you I haven't trapped in a corner and rambled to yet, this is the first VGA I've played. I haave tosay, while I'm not sure they are my preference, and they definitely don't feel like a game to me, there must be something appealing for me to have already spent 70+ hours with this thing. And, all other aspects aside, Skies of Arcadia is simply gorgeous to look at. Many scenes are stunning.

The last sequence that took place last night had me acting out a ship-to-ship battle sequence against 'Bluheim', a giant Blue Giga/Moon-Stone-thingie/-powered bird. The backdrop was beautiful blue skies over a tropical paradise-looking ocean with a volcanic island in the background. The color was vibrant and beautiful.

AND, I was playing this on a probably 20-year old 13" TV in my bedroom! Now, the TV does have a good picture, but I can't begin to imagine this scene via the VGA box. Wow.

So, next time I resume play I'll be on Disc 2. When I get stuck again I'll let you guys know (well, NE146 anyway, as he might be the only one of you interested in this thread....).

Steve