Thread: FS: TI 99/4A Computer w/Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default FS: TI 99/4A Computer w/Games

I bought this from a local 2nd hand computer thrift store about five years ago, when the "classic computer" bug bit me. A friend of mine had one of these when we were in grade school, so at the time I thought I would pick it up, show it to the friend, and learn the ins and outs of it. To make a long story short, I showed it to the friend, he said "neat", I put it back in the box, and it's been sitting in my garage for the past five years. I have limited time and want to devote the time I do have to the systems I love. I have no sentimental attachment to this one, so out it goes.

Here's what all I have:

TI-99/4A machine in the box. Don't get too excited about the box -- it's ripped in more than one place, and has masking tape everywhere holding it together. On a scale of 1-10 I give the box a 3.5. The machine, on the other hand, is in excellent condition. Other than a quick dusting that I'll give it, it looks brand new. The power supply is in the box but I don't see the video cable.

Carts. Multiplication 1 and Car Wars.

Books. TI-99/4A "Read This First" pamphlet. TI-99/4A User's Reference Guide (softback, approx 150 pp). TI-99/4A Beginner's Basic (softback, approx 150 pp). TEXNET pamphlet. Video Modulator instruction pamphlet. Addition and Subtraction 2 manual. Car Wars manual.

That's wut I got. If anyone is interested and wants to make me an offer (take shipping into consideration), let me know. If I don't hear anything within the week, off to eBay it goes.

BTW, this is the first item I've put up for sale in the Digital Press forums, but I'm sure I could dig up some references. My eBay account has 98 feedback, 100% positive.

Flack

Edit: The machine is a Ti-99/4A Silver. I thought they were all Silver, go figure. I also found another cart, the ever popular and exciting "Addition and Subtraction 2".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

PM Sent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The books have been sold to Achika.

That leaves us with a TI 99/4A (rare SILVER model (wink)), in a beat-up box with three games and a power supply. What says Christmas gift better than that? And men, Valentine's Day is just after that. What better way to say "I love you" than with a Texas Instruments piece of hardware.

Don't think of it as buying a computer. Think of it as, "saving it from the dumpster."

Flack