Thread: Any good places to find Fami stuff in Seattle?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any good places to find Fami stuff in Seattle?

I was just up there this weekend, and I thought I'd cruise through the international district to see if I could find any dealers of video games, primarily Famicom multi-carts and such. I spent an entire afternoon there, and didn't find a SNIFF of anything of the sort. I thought a large coastal city like Seattle would have at least SOME spots where one could buy this stuff, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Could its relative proximity to Nintendo's headquarters prevents this sort of thing? Am I just WAY off base trying to even find this stuff in the US? Pirate Fami stuff does turn up in Idaho (of all places) occasionally, so I thought Seattle would have boat-loads of Fami carts. Maybe not.

Anybody from around there know if there are any places for Famicom items? I'm returning up there soon, so I'd like to cruise through some game shops, if possible.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just ask to Ianoid, he was living there couple months ago.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'll ask a friend and a few tips......

Living just north of Seattle by an hour and a half....there were a few shops around that might have a few games...Let me ask my buddy Lee Kreuger if he's stumbled upon any down his way in Redmond...I've heard a trip to Vancouver B.C. would be fruitful for Famicon...and living near military bases and visiting nearby pawns has been good for finding Famicon goodies.
    The Keeper
    The Gaming Guy...you know...that guy!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've yet to find a really good used place for Fami stuff. The two closest places off the top of my head are Kick's in Northgate, which has mostly anime but also a lot of Japanese PS2/GC stuff and a few DC games (a lot of anime based console games that we don't get here), and Famcom games, which, despite the awful fart smell and disgusting atmosphere, has a few eBay priced fami and other classic games. They've also got factory refurbed 3DO's for 30 dollars (at least, last time I was there).

It kind of sucks, you don't even see stuff in Pawn shops, Seattle is dead for Fami (or any import) stuff. Perhaps Ianoid or NE146 can help out here...