Thread: Game Crazy or GameStop?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game Crazy or GameStop?

The debate goes on which is better? Game Stop or Game Crazy? You decide?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dont even get some people started on how much they hate Gamestop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I've tended to find some good stuff at the game crazy here, although I've heard less then stellar stories from others.

Having a cousin that is the manager of that particular hollywood video rocks
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamestop is alright. Decent prices and selection, but sometimes the condition of stuff can be pretty bad. Employees.....eerhhsk..... Some are okay... Not a bad store overall, just a little jacked up from being in such a huge chain.

Gamecrazy... Just no. I can't stand Hollywood Video - it is the most corrupt place in the world. I used a free rental coupon on FF8 the day it came out to see if I wanted to buy it, and when I got home, I only had cd's 2, 3, and 4. I took it back, and they said that although it was their mistake, they couldn't give me the first cd. I then had to return the game, and walk out with nothing. (not even the coupon) WHAT GIVES.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

It all depends on where you go. Good stores are around, but it seems that most of the folks here have found the bad ones.

I find it kinda funny that Game Crazy is the brainchild of Jeff Gatesmith, the former founder of Funcoland. He and some others defected around the time of the Gamestop buyout, and this is the fruit of their labor.

Does it not strike anyone else as odd that Game Crazy offers a year warranty on stuff when you buy a CLEANER? :shudders:

I'm a Gamestop employee, so my view is skewed, but I do my game shopping at just about any store, as long as they have something I'm interested in. However, I do not like Game Crazy, for the simple fact that 95% of their employees in the Cincinnati area are jackasses, including their District Manager, who have to resort to coming into our Gamestop to distribute their propaganda because their business is terrible.

Honestly though, their prices are not that much different than everyone else, and actually quite a bit higher in some instances. You may be able to find the occasional deal there on older games, as most of their employees are big on the current generation of systems.

As much as I hate to bring it up again, my disdain for Game Crazy stems from a particular event, which can be viewed here:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...637&highlight=
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I too am a Gamestop employee, so my view is skewed. It seems as if one company will be run by jackasses while the other is run by good people and this can change at any point anywhere.

For example.

I have a friend that lives in N. Carolina. There, the Gamestop employees are the jackasses while EB has the knowledgeable/cool people working there. Yet, when he comes back up here to new hampshire, it shifts as EB is run by a manager who tells you straight to your face "I'm an asshole that doesn't play games, go away" while our stores are run by people that care.

So, the whole "Which store is better" debate will always be moot because employees and stores are different everywhere.

...however we have better return policies ;-)

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can find a treasure as well as laughable prices in both.

Both have some pretty good employees and some complete morons.

The way I look at is it's just one more option in my neighborhood.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gamestop sells xbox games.
    Have a shitty famiclone or pirate famicom cartridge you wanna sell? Send me a PM! Word...

Honorary disciple in the House of Meat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pango
    gamestop sells xbox games.
    Uh yes. Gamestop sells video games. Its how they make money. If it makes you angry, then just don't look at them

I don't like any of the Gamestops around here. The people seem nice, but most of them have a 'you don't know jack about gaming" attitude that really pisses me off.

My latest venture:

Me: "Do you have any AV cables for the Genesis?"
    Dumbass: "They never made AV cables for the Genesis."
    Me: "Yes they did"
    Nice Employee: "Yeah they did, unfortunately we only have the RF switches."
    Me: "Oh, well do you know of any other place I can find one besides eBay?"
    (I had been to 7 other stores before this one without any luck)
    Dumbass:"Yeah there's this website....I think its spelled E-B-A-Y..."

ARGH!

GameCrazy on the other hand has always had really nice employees that have always been there to help me out if I needed, to chat about some games, or just let me browse around unbothered. Their selection typically isn't that big, but they often have the titles I am looking for, and their titles are either really competitive or cheaper than than most.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The one time I went into a GameCrazy there were three employees and I was the only customer. I wanted to look at the NES games but all three employees were crowded around that display because that's where they had their demo game setup. I had to get down on my knees right behind the idiots and try to peer through them and one of them kicked me in the ribs. He then got mad at ME for "messing up my round". I almost put his face through the display case. I don't intend to go back.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 2 Game Crazy's that are very close to me, and one GameStop. Now what I have been able to tell between the two, is that GameCrazy sells Saturn games, and GameStop doesn't. Other than that, they are very similar. Sometimes the prices are much better at GameCrazy, and other times the prices are better at GameStop, although, usually the only way the prices are better at GameStop is because of the buy 2 get 1 free deal. Otherwise, GameCrazy has better prices.

I recently got Plok! for the Super Nintendo at Game Crazy for $2.99. The same game at GameStop would be like $6.99 or so. I also have been able to get some old retro sports games at GameCrazy for super cheap. I got Madden 97 and Madden 98 for the PS1 for $1.99 each. I got World Series Baseball II for the Sega Saturn for $1.99. I got Robotica for the Sega Saturn for $2.99.

So I love GameCrazy from the Sega Saturn standpoint. They have some Sega Saturn games that are way cheaper than what you would have to pay on Ebay.