My 32X doesn't seem to work right. I have it hooked up (to a Genesis 2) exactly as the instructions say, with the exception of the two little clips that hold open the Genesis cart slot (they unfortunately didn't come with it).

However, when I pop in Doom (my only 32X game, currently), It won't come on right. It shows the "licensed by Sega" screen, but won't go on to the Sega logo unless I reset the system. Then, once I pass the title screen, nothing happens. I get the status bar at the bottom of the screen, and the music, but everything else is black. None of the buttons work, except for start, which does bring up the menu. The menu works fine, but I can't get anything else to work.

I know my Doom cart is good, I had it checked on another 32X. I also tried cleaning the connectors on my 32X. So either my 32X is messed up, or the connecting wires for it are. But I don't think it's the wires, since I can still play regular Genesis games through it just fine.

Any ideas, folks? Is there anything I can do, short of having to buy a new 32X? I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!