Thread: SMACKDOWN 5 Thoughts

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SMACKDOWN 5 Thoughts

First off, I've only played singles exhibition matches, a First Blood Match and an Elimination Chamber match. All I can say is...

HOLY SHIT!

It brought a tear of joy to my eye to see Ric Flair run across the ring, hit Roddy Piper in the gut with a Steel Chair, then proceed to DDT him on it, causing blood to spray out of his forehead, thus gaining me the victory in our first blood match....

OR, to see George Steele bite the Iron Shiek's forearm, then give him a full nelson finisher, only to have the shiek escape and eventually win with the camel clutch...

OR, to have an elimination chamber match with George Steele, Hillbilly Jim, Iron Shiek, Piper, Flair, and Nicholai Volkoff (who is a total badass in this game).

<sniffle, sniffle>

Tomorrow I'm going to start a Season Mode and see if I can unlock Ted Dibiase, my most favorite heel of all time.

On the gameplay side, I have NO complaints. You can target specific body parts and wear your opponent down. It takes a little more strategy (ala' WWF No Mercy) than previous Smackdown titles, yet keeps the fluidity and speed. THQ have really outdone themselves with this one. The only thing that took getting used to was that the square button is now the weapon pick up button, while you use the shoulder buttons for defense/counters/finishers. I like that you now use the right analog stick for taunts.

Excellent game so far. I highly recommend it. As a matter of fact, I bought a PS2 solely for this game--everything else is like icing on the cake, my friends!

I'll have to create Iron Mike Sharpe tomorrow so he can finally win some matches!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I hear it has only 32 caw slots, which completely and totally blows ass. When you've got me and my friends filling those up like nothing, it's very frustrating to pick and choose who we can keep.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives