Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zelda Bonus Disk Promotion Details: Read for info!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Zelda Bonus Disk Promotion Details: Read for info!

http://www.nintendo.com/zeldaclassic/

The above link is info on obtaining the Zelda Bonus Disc. For people who fear links, here is the lowdown:

There are three ways to get the bonus disk, and all involve you buying stuff (Obviously; this is a promotion after all :P )

1. Buy a gamecube with the Zelda Bonus Disk sticker on it. This is the one everyone has heard about. Simple enough.

2. Order a subscription to Nintendo Power. 19.95 for one year, and you get the disk mailed to you free in about 2-3 weeks. NOTE: This offer is ONLY available online!!!

3. Buy two of the following games: Mario Party 5, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and 1080° Avalanche. The way this works, is these games will come with PIN numbers inside; Register two of the PIN numbers plus your gamecube's serial number (The DS number on the bottom of the GC; NOTE you have to do this again even if you've already registered) to receive the disk.

Some additional info for everyone: This promotion is of course designed to promote Nintendo's holiday games, but it's also designed to promote two other things that are only briefly mentioned in the promotion: Online game registration and MyNintendo.

MyNintendo has been around for awhile. It's actually a pretty powerful tool for Nintendo diehards. You can track info on Nintendo games, update your personal information (address, mailings, etc.), Track order status, repair status, register for warranty purposes, and if you have a subscription to Nintendo Power, you can access chatrooms, send yourself missed issues, etc. Nintendo will begin pushing MyNintendo pretty heavily soon. Expect a Nintendo site redesign as well as 'community' features popping up (Forums, contests, etc.) in the next few months.

The online game registration is new. So new, in fact, that Nintendo isn't exactly sure what it will mean to register games. What is known is that people who have MyNintendo accounts will have access to Nintendo exclusive content and contests. I also know that buying more products does not mean that you are more likely to 'win' or curry favor; being an active community participant will. I also don't know if the PIN numbers will begin showing up in all of Nintendo's games or if this is a temporary promotion, but I do know that Nintendo of America IS NOT planning a points system ala the power points program in Japan or the Stars system in Europe. I don't know what other things will be changing, but if people are interested I'll update as things happen.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Old news. But good news none the less. I will be buying three of those games. I can't wait to get 4 discs. Does this expire christmas day ro something?
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this really old news? We were just briefed on this stuff on Saturday. I know the disc and the first method were known, but the other two options, and the game registration I thought were fresh news. My bad otherwise.

As for your question, the zelda promo (as are all nintendo promos) is 'while supplies last', which probably won't be very long.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Actually, whoiskeel posted it last Tuesday.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...er=asc&start=0

Looks like I'll be re-subscribing to NP after a 6 year hiatus.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22359&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0
    poopy. Well at least the online game registration info is new

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blargh!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's an interesting sidebar to the Zelda pack:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1180432

It's either a $20 price break strictly for the day after T-day or a full-blown $20 price drop - which leads me to believe they're clearing out all of the Gamecubes for new hardware early next year (the rumored "big" Spring announcement).
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Whee, I get mine for freeeeee!

I'll snag as many pin numbers from work as I can, and I'll pass out my extra discs free of charge, plus shipping. Here's to hoping I can get to the pin numbers before everyone else can, and to hoping that rental copies come with pin numbers

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PIN numbers can only be used once, so be sure not to screw other people out of the disc.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Damn it, I just don't know what to do here!

I don't want any of those games and I don't want to subcribe to a magzine that caters to kids and I'll never read. That's wasted money for me.

Which leaves me with hoping a copy will turn up on EBay or I can get it some other way.

Damn Nintendo for not selling this straight!
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn it, I just don't know what to do here!

I don't want any of those games and I don't want to subcribe to a magzine that caters to kids and I'll never read. That's wasted money for me.

Which leaves me with hoping a copy will turn up on EBay or I can get it some other way.

Damn Nintendo for not selling this straight!
    Why wouldn't you simply subscribe to the magazine for $19.95 and get the free games. Then if you don't like the mag, cancel your subscription. You end up paying $19.95 for the game. I seriously doubt you'll find one on ebay anytime soon, let alone for less than $19.95 that includes shipping & handling tacked on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    Is this really old news? We were just briefed on this stuff on Saturday. I know the disc and the first method were known, but the other two options, and the game registration I thought were fresh news. My bad otherwise.

As for your question, the zelda promo (as are all nintendo promos) is 'while supplies last', which probably won't be very long.
    Heh.. This just tells you HOW good our people here are.. Finding out the scoop before employees know!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

actually, if you do cancel the subscription, wait at least 3 months, since if you do it right away, Nintendo will require that you send the game back. On the plus side, they prorate the subscription, so if you wait until you get 3 issues, you'll still get back around 14 dollars.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish the GBA games were included in this bonus disc also and does anyone know which Ocarina version will be included, the original, the remixed quest or both?
    Games, games and more games

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    The PIN numbers can only be used once, so be sure not to screw other people out of the disc.
    I'm ganking pin numbers off rental copies that will never be used. Since I can only get one for myself (I only have one cube) I'll drop the pin numbers to others on the board and other people I know who want the disc.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey GUys,

Well it's gonna be near impossible for me to get this game, not in the us and couldnt regsiter even though i would have bought new games with pins, so the big question, will anyone be able to help me .. Just keep me in mind if you score two of the games.. we can work out a deal
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't wait to try out the The legend of zelda that's on the promoation disk.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awsome news, lets hope the spring anouncement is not a gamcube in the shape of Links head. Oh wait that would be kind of cool...

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

It was news to me Fluke - and for that I salute you!

I knew we were jumping the gun there last month (or whenever that was) when we guessed you'd have to buy a new console to get the deal.

Just signed up on the website. Now I gotta figure out which games to get. I figure Double Dash is an easy choice, and I'll snag one of the *other* games with Mario in the title
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I'll be getting US Mario Kart, and probably US Mario & Luigi now (as it's out in the UK at the same time, but seeing as I need the PIN from it for the disc... you get the picture!), and together with the serial number from QoF's Cube, hopefully get a free disc. Or more precisely she'll get the disc to begin with as no doubt I'll have to register her address for them to send it to. And then try to prize the damn thing out of her hands