Thread: Blockbuster Sale on previously played games

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Blockbuster Sale on previously played games

Blockbuster is having a sale, where they are taking 3 bucks off any previsously played game.

I was at my Blockbuster, and they had a number of PSone games for $6.99, that I got for $3.99.

I think you are allowed to take 3 bucks off 20 games per day.

Anyways, it's a pretty good deal for the games that are $6.99 or $9.99, cause you get them for $3.99 and $6.99.

I got Mega Man Legends, Gran Tourismo, Jet Motto 2 and Tekken 3

the downside is that they are just loose cd's

I'm gonna check all the Blockbusters around to see what games they have for $6.99

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Blockbuster Sale on previously played games

Blockbuster is having a sale, where they are taking 3 bucks off any previsously played game.

I was at my Blockbuster, and they had a number of PSone games for $6.99, that I got for $3.99.

I think you are allowed to take 3 bucks off 20 games per day.

Anyways, it's a pretty good deal for the games that are $6.99 or $9.99, cause you get them for $3.99 and $6.99.

I got Mega Man Legends, Gran Tourismo, Jet Motto 2 and Tekken 3

the downside is that they are just loose cd's

I'm gonna check all the Blockbusters around to see what games they have for $6.99

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

I bought all the decent PSone games at my local blockbuster when I used to work there. (Disc only, Mint BOF 4 = $1 ) But I should check and see what they have for the newer systems.

And if they're throwing out any more Stategy Guides and magazines
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

I bought all the decent PSone games at my local blockbuster when I used to work there. (Disc only, Mint BOF 4 = $1 ) But I should check and see what they have for the newer systems.

And if they're throwing out any more Stategy Guides and magazines
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

They don't toss them anymore, at least they aren't supposed to. We're told to actually destroy them or send them back to distribution, and my store manager got in serious shit for not destroying them a while back.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

They don't toss them anymore, at least they aren't supposed to. We're told to actually destroy them or send them back to distribution, and my store manager got in serious shit for not destroying them a while back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Store managers in our area were just asked to sign a field destroy form saying that we would be the one to destroy everything. Magazines were specifically mentioned.

Anyone looking at used PSone games be careful of the ones in the clear DVD-sized cases. They came from the distribution center without regard to condition or completeness. I had to pull quite a few that only had one of 3 or 4 discs. Others were cracked around the center hub. Out of the 50 I received, I had to pull 16 for one reason or another. They were sent back by stores as defective rentals (but most "defective" rentals are returned by customers who don't like the game). Just ask to look at them before you buy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Store managers in our area were just asked to sign a field destroy form saying that we would be the one to destroy everything. Magazines were specifically mentioned.

Anyone looking at used PSone games be careful of the ones in the clear DVD-sized cases. They came from the distribution center without regard to condition or completeness. I had to pull quite a few that only had one of 3 or 4 discs. Others were cracked around the center hub. Out of the 50 I received, I had to pull 16 for one reason or another. They were sent back by stores as defective rentals (but most "defective" rentals are returned by customers who don't like the game). Just ask to look at them before you buy!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

What bothers me about BB is that the used newer system games come in those stupid plastic cases that use the yellow bars for security (at least mine does). Bothers me.

dave

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

What bothers me about BB is that the used newer system games come in those stupid plastic cases that use the yellow bars for security (at least mine does). Bothers me.

dave

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I hit it last night looking for that Xbox Demo"9 More Holes Of Christmas"
    The employee said it's only in selected stores..they didn't have it..

I bought,just because I don't own them..and I was looking for the cheapest priced games.

G-Cube ....Skye $6.99

PS2....Stuntman..w book $6.99

Xbox...Star Wars Jedi Outcast with book..$12.99

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I hit it last night looking for that Xbox Demo"9 More Holes Of Christmas"
    The employee said it's only in selected stores..they didn't have it..

I bought,just because I don't own them..and I was looking for the cheapest priced games.

G-Cube ....Skye $6.99

PS2....Stuntman..w book $6.99

Xbox...Star Wars Jedi Outcast with book..$12.99

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe that a buy two get a third for free sale starts a week from this Tuesday (includes used games, dvds and vhs). Always sweet.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe that a buy two get a third for free sale starts a week from this Tuesday (includes used games, dvds and vhs). Always sweet.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd

dave
    I was told by a BB employee that this cuts costs via theft. How so? by the time you transfer the damn game/DVD into a different case, you already have spent the man power hours on a waste of time and annoy the hell out of purchasers. Thats why our BB sells hardly any used DVDs anymore, and are discounted tremendously. they dont have the orginal case, or insert. I never will buy a used BB product, unless intended for resale.
    #vbender

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

dave
    I was told by a BB employee that this cuts costs via theft. How so? by the time you transfer the damn game/DVD into a different case, you already have spent the man power hours on a waste of time and annoy the hell out of purchasers. Thats why our BB sells hardly any used DVDs anymore, and are discounted tremendously. they dont have the orginal case, or insert. I never will buy a used BB product, unless intended for resale.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

dave
    NOTE: This applies to corporate stores. Franchises may do something different. The reason that we use the rental cases for used discs is because we don't have the space to keep thousands of extra cases. When we get stuff in for rent, it's ready to go in the yellow-lock case (same design as the Gamecube case). We also get the original case and artwork. We file the art and throw out the original case. When we sell a used game/DVD we just put the artwork in the rental case and re-lock. Saves time, space, and money.

If we kept the original case we'd have to switch cases which takes labor, then we'd have to lock them in a larger case. Yellow locks are 4 cents versus $1.50 for the clear lockable cases. Multiply that times 3,000 cases per store times 5500 stores and you'll see why we ain't saving the original cases.

You want cases, make nice with a manager in your area and see if they'll save them for you. I used to bring mine home to replace the "new" EB/Gamestop cases but now have hundreds in the garage.

BTW, today is the last day of the $3.00 off sale. The next sale is the buy 2, get 1 free that starts in a week and runs to January 5th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

dave
    NOTE: This applies to corporate stores. Franchises may do something different. The reason that we use the rental cases for used discs is because we don't have the space to keep thousands of extra cases. When we get stuff in for rent, it's ready to go in the yellow-lock case (same design as the Gamecube case). We also get the original case and artwork. We file the art and throw out the original case. When we sell a used game/DVD we just put the artwork in the rental case and re-lock. Saves time, space, and money.

If we kept the original case we'd have to switch cases which takes labor, then we'd have to lock them in a larger case. Yellow locks are 4 cents versus $1.50 for the clear lockable cases. Multiply that times 3,000 cases per store times 5500 stores and you'll see why we ain't saving the original cases.

You want cases, make nice with a manager in your area and see if they'll save them for you. I used to bring mine home to replace the "new" EB/Gamestop cases but now have hundreds in the garage.

BTW, today is the last day of the $3.00 off sale. The next sale is the buy 2, get 1 free that starts in a week and runs to January 5th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The reason is indeed theft. Though it doesn't take any extra time whatsoever to prep the used product. All that happens is we take the rental case and take out the rental insert and replace it with the artwork. Since I work there, I can always switch out for a nice PS2, Xbox or GameCube case (and I do the same for those who ask nicely, so I always keep a box or two in back). That and I have a huge stockpile of cases at home for in the future when I don't work for the big blue devil.

I WILL SWALLOW

YOUR SOULS ! ! !
    - - - John F. Antioco
    CEO Blockbuster, Inc.

- MST3K