Thread: Question about different versions of imports at Lik-Sang.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question about different versions of imports at Lik-Sang.com

I tried to ask this in the Adventure Island thread, but I think it got lost in the shuffle w/ everyone's excitement over that game, so I'll ask it again here.

Lik-Sang.com lists separate versions of the Hudson's Adventure Island remake for Cube - one from Japan and another from Asia. Anyone know what the differences are? I'd want to play it on a U.S. Cube with the Freeloader import disc.
    "Genesis does what Nintendon't."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question about different versions of imports at Lik-Sang.com

I tried to ask this in the Adventure Island thread, but I think it got lost in the shuffle w/ everyone's excitement over that game, so I'll ask it again here.

Lik-Sang.com lists separate versions of the Hudson's Adventure Island remake for Cube - one from Japan and another from Asia. Anyone know what the differences are? I'd want to play it on a U.S. Cube with the Freeloader import disc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

AFAIK They are *nearly* the same.

Sometimes the Asian one has different packaging, may have more English than the Japanese ones have. Should work just fine with the free-loader though.

Many of my PS2 imports are the Asian ones and run fine. Hope that helps some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

AFAIK They are *nearly* the same.

Sometimes the Asian one has different packaging, may have more English than the Japanese ones have. Should work just fine with the free-loader though.

Many of my PS2 imports are the Asian ones and run fine. Hope that helps some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AFAIK the difference is a card inserted with different languages on it. Most the time it's controller layouts only. I only have a few Asian PS 2 games and that's the only difference I see. Like Achika said, nearly the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AFAIK the difference is a card inserted with different languages on it. Most the time it's controller layouts only. I only have a few Asian PS 2 games and that's the only difference I see. Like Achika said, nearly the same.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, it basically doesn't matter which version I get? How do people usually decide when there are two different non-U.S. regions to choose from?

This is what Lik-Sang told me:

"For your information, both Asian and Japan version are in NTSC format, but the languages are different. Asian version is designed for the whole market in Asia; whereas Japan version is for Japan market only."

Kinda vague though. Could anyone with more experience in imports give me a more detailed synopsis of exactly what they mean?

Thanks, guys. This is MUCH appreciated.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, it basically doesn't matter which version I get? How do people usually decide when there are two different non-U.S. regions to choose from?

"For your information, both Asian and Japan version are in NTSC format, but the languages are different. Asian version is designed for the whole market in Asia; whereas Japan version is for Japan market only."

Kinda vague though. Could anyone with more experience in imports give me a more detailed synopsis of exactly what they mean?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Pro

it's pretty clear. there are MORE english speaking gamers in asia than japan, . so many games released there will have english, chinese, and japanese menus or a manual or card/poster explaining control and plot elements. but some folks mistake "asian" format NTSC games for bootlegs or "not as good as the 'originals'" and refuse to buy 'em! their loss, as often the price will be LOWER for many titles, and they're more accessible to gamers with an aversion to learning a little japanese. got it?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Pro

it's pretty clear. there are MORE english speaking gamers in asia than japan, . so many games released there will have english, chinese, and japanese menus or a manual or card/poster explaining control and plot elements. but some folks mistake "asian" format NTSC games for bootlegs or "not as good as the 'originals'" and refuse to buy 'em! their loss, as often the price will be LOWER for many titles, and they're more accessible to gamers with an aversion to learning a little japanese. got it?