Thread: Question about EB Games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question about EB Games

Has anyone ever ordered pre-owned games from the EB Web site? They still have the 15 for $50 SNES games but, judging from the state of some of the games they sell in their stores, I am wary about this offer. Do the games you order from EB's site come in good condition? Or do some of them have stickers all over them, peeled labels, and marker written on them?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Question about EB Games

Quote Originally Posted by grayejectbutton
    Has anyone ever ordered pre-owned games from the EB Web site? They still have the 15 for $50 SNES games but, judging from the state of some of the games they sell in their stores, I am wary about this offer. Do the games you order from EB's site come in good condition? Or do some of them have stickers all over them, peeled labels, and marker written on them?
    It really depends. There's no sure way of knowing. I'll tell you what I've ordered from them so far and you can decide for yourself based on that. Of course, everything they sell through their website is cart-only - no manual, box, or anything else.

GHOULS N GHOSTS (GEN): Slightly worn label. You can definitely tell that it's used.

RAMBO III (GEN): A small peel at the top.

GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHTS (GEN): Pretty much perfect.

ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS (SNES): Perfect as far as I can tell.

ROYAL RUMBLE (SNES): For some reason, EB put a yellow sticker on it (it's definitely an EB sticker because it says EB on it). Perfect otherwise though. No idea how difficult it is to peel the sticker off - I haven't bothered to try.

Naturally, all of these games benefit from a little cleaning w/ a cotton swab before you play them, but that's no big deal and pretty much par for the course with any used retro game you buy these days.

Also, not that Gamestop.com has much of a retro selection anymore, but I did buy BATMAN RETURNS (GEN) from there a few years ago (again, cart-only), and the condition was pretty much perfect.

I only really care about the games - reliving the fun I had during childhood - so I'm not really all that concerned about collectibility, etc. As long as the cart looks reasonably good and I can tell what I'm playing, I'm happy. Of course, I do draw the line at carts with mostly peeled labels, childish writing all over them, etc.
    "Genesis does what Nintendon't."