Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your THREE Greatest Finds in the Wild?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

My three greatest finds that I actually bought are as follows:

1 - A Philips CDi-220 for 10 bucks.
    2 - 4 NIP 3DO games for 3.99 each recently
    3 - A Betamax VCR! (I know its not videogames but still not easy to find)
    DERP

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah, I also found a good copy of Pocky and Rocky 2 for $5 at a pawn shop. The label and cart were in great condition, but the pins were filthy. After I cleaned them thoroughly, however, it worked like new! Pocky and Rocky 2 is one of the rarer SNES games, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The top 3 finds :

- Stash of sealed Atari MEGA RARE games in 2006:

2 Quadruns
    1 Crazy Climber
    1 Gravitar
    Plus 30 more at 1 usd the piece

- NTSC Asterix complete for 5 usd

- Stash of SEALED SNES / NES games at 5 usd the piece :

Little Samson
    2 Lemmings
    4 Super Turrican 2
    1 Mega Man 6
    1 Super Copa
    1 Super Metroid 1st Ed

Pretty good, huh ?
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Chrono Trigger CIB with maps and all, even plastic covering still around it (opened) - $10

Gunstar Heroes in Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine box with insert inside-out - $5

SNES with 15 games (Including Tiny Toons Wacky Sports, Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World cart, all 3 Super Star Wars Games, and All 3 Donkey Kong countries) and two controllers = $15

I don't know if that last one counts as a deal in the wild, it was gotte from a friend of mine. He was heading off to college and he asked me if I wanted it for $15 so I was like OK.

Honorable Mention: Donkey Kong Game and Watch $1 (Outside front is scratched up, but the back and inside look mint)
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-10-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Earthbound twice for under $4 each time
    Probably 10 copies of any Mario Party games for under $7 each time
    Slightly used Nintendo Wii system for $175 in Goodwill 1 month after November 2006 release. They were selling for $500+ on ebay then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 final fantasy 7 black label, final fantasy ix black label, valkyrie profile black label,star ocean second story black label, bust a groove black label 25$! the discs were mint, cases had some scratches but everything was complete!
    2 finstones suprise at dinosaur peak 20$
    3 earthbound free, I traded my freind a crap game for it
    4 final fantasy 7 from a freind
    5 gran turismo 2 cool boarders 4 and legend of dragoon 5$ each sealed at wallmart (green label though )
    6 tony hawk 3 n64 sealed at wallmart 15$, really good condition!
    7 die hard trilogy green label 7$ sealed (ps1) in a weird display case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only have 1

A Sega CDX system for $1 at a yard sale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Lot of about 50 NES games including Bonk's - $15

Insert Coin (Level 0) bigred5687's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bigred5687

stack-up $13

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back in 2005 when my local Gamecrazy was closing, they were doing a 3 for 5 dollar deal for NES, SNES, and Genesis stuff. Naturally, they went through all their backroom stock and just shoved it onto the shelves. I got a lot of games, but the best "5$" deal I got was Contra, Dragon Warrior III, and Dragon Warrior IV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

ps2 system with 150 games, $150
    earthbound loose, $5
    odyssee 2 system with about 50 or so complete games including power lords, $75, not the best price just a rare find.

Probably not my best 3 but the first things that came to mind.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

here goes

3. Sega Master system in mint condition with 30 games all boxed, 2 controllers, the light gun, and the 3d glasses all for $20

2. Golden Zelda DS, Legend Of Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Party, The World Ends With You, Brain Age all for $200

1. ALL SNES GAMES: Dracula X, Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, Mega Man Soccer, Mega Man 7, Chrono Trigger, Secret Of Mana, Super Metroid, Super Ghouls N Ghosts all for $250 ( i couldnt resist even though i know the price is a lil high, to get all those rare games at once was great, now i only need 2 of the "rare" games from the "rare" list to complete my set.

Honorable mention: Earthbound -$5 (drove over an hour to pick this one up)

..."The One And Only"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

accidental double post

..."The One And Only"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Got a few systems for free:

In about 1997 or so, one of my friends was finished with his SNES and just gave it to me with some incredible games and system:

-SNES (no yellowing, yay!), 1 controller, DKC, Earthbound, F-Zero, FF3, Pilotwings, Street Fighter II, Super Castlevania IV, SMW, Yoshi's Island, Zelda3.

Then, last year, a receptionist at my job was cleaning out her kids games and knew I would happily take them:

-Super Famicom games: Chrono Trigger, Doraemon 4, Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 3, Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VI, Final Fantasy IV, FFV, FFVI, Momotaro Dentetsu Happy, Mother 2 (Earthbound), Ogre Battle, Rockman 7, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Street Fighter 2, Yuyuhakusho 2.

-Famicom games and system: Adventure Island, Super Robot Taisen, Dragon Quest III and IV, Duck Tails 2, Final Fantasy II and III, Great Battle Cyber, Magical Taruruto-kun, Tsupari Sumo Wrestling, Wagyan Land 3.

-PC Engine (Turbographx-16) HuCards: Doraemon, Doraemon: Dorabian Night, Dragon Spirit, Fire Pro Wrestling 3, PC Genjin 3 (Bonk's Adventure 3), Street Fighter II': Champion Edition

About half of these games were complete in box (all the PCE games were, about 1/2 of the others). I also got a bunch of other various pachinko, horse racing, etc. games from her which I sold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Here's probably my best finds, in no real order:

- .hack//Outbreak (PS2. New): $10 (May 2008)
    Mere months after I obtained all 4 of the original .hack games, my local Wal-Mart somehow wound up with a brand new copy of .hack//Outbreak. It sat on their shelves from January until June at a full $50 price tag, before it found it's way to the annual clearance bin, where I scooped it up to replace the rather beat-up copy I had. The fact I found a game new that had been out of print for nearly 5 years at that point, at Wal-Mart of all places, really made my day.

- Mario Teaches Typing 2 (PC. Scholastic Clubs & Fairs edition, complete & near mint) $.50 (March 2009)
    When out looking for garage sales one morning with my older sister, we dropped by one sale, which seemed to have nothing of interest...until I saw a box full of kid's PC games as I was leaving, and out of randomness, took a look through. What's the first thing I see on top? Mario Teaches Typing 2, which I quickly scooped up for $.50 to add to my collection of Mario games. It may not be the most noteworthy Mario game ever, but the sheer oddity of it made me want a copy for my collection.

- NES system (Loose w\ 2 controllers & a copy of Tetris): $1 (June 2003)
    A random garage sale led me to what I still consider one of my best finds, even if it may not seem like much to you guys. Wanting an NES for years so I could play the original Zelda among other games, I finally found one at a reasonable price; only $1. The lady running the sale didn't know if it still worked or not, which is why she had it marked so cheap, but I cleaned it up and it worked great. I still have that very same NES to this day; not only for the great games on the system, but because my collection of older games officially started there.

- EarthBound (Super NES. Loose in near mint condition): $35 (June 2010)
    After hunting for a copy for years (Ever since unlocking Ness in the original Super Smash Bros.), my quest came to a close on June 15, 2010; when a copy turned up at the local Game-X-Change. Thanks to stuff I traded in, I only had to pay $5 out-of-pocket for it, and it was well worth it. In fact, you know it's a find I consider epic if I opened up my post in the Finds thread for that month with a long story describing everything from the moment I was told somebody traded it in on up to the moment I purchased it (Something I don't do unless I deem it worthy enough to go into that great of detail).
    Last edited by PentiumMMX; 07-07-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Something recent I decided to add

Insert Coin (Level 0) b1aCkDeA7h's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll lump today's adventure as one epic find.

I woke up today and was perusing one of the Free Criagslists around my region when I came across a fifteen minute old post that said something along the lines of "NES and SNES" in the title. Not too old, cool. Usually by the time I click them and email and stuff, they're gone or I email back and forth and don't end up with free video game stuff.

It didn't have a location listed but I knew the general area would be at least an hour's drive for me. The listing said that the person was cleaning out their house when they came across their NES, SNES, 2 SNES controllers, 7 SNES games, but no adapters or AV cables so they weren't tested. The post said that the stuff would be thrown out by the 1st and the classic game preservationist inside me, coupled with the fact that the post was quite fresh, pushed me to email the poster and in a gamble, I left my phone number.

I got a call about five or ten minutes later and when I found out where the stuff was, I was right, give or take about an hour plus change away. I told the person on the phone that I could be there at noon, but that was a problem so we scheduled a pickup for later in the evening. Since I had basically just woken up, it slipped my mind to ask what games were in the lot and forgot to ask if the person could hold it for me.

Right before I left to pick the stuff up, I noticed the post was gone. I had a nagging feeling that the person may have given the stuff away but I was feeling zealous and decided to not call and leave to pick up the stuff anyway. About twenty minutes from the location, I called to remind the person I was coming. Voice mail...

...crap...

I kept driving though but right as I contemplated turning around, I got a call confirming that the stuff was still there. After getting off the phone, I breathed a collective sigh of relief from all the gambles I took so far.

As I knocked on the door, I wasn't expecting much. Bring on the busted systems and sports games!

The person invited me in and directed me to a near empty milk crate with the stuff sprawled around it. It was clear that the person was prepping to move or something. As I looked at the NES and SNES, they were pretty dirty. Ugh, maybe I shouldn't have been so impulsive.

The person then handed me the stack of games, the ones I notice immediately were a black cartridge and one with a rather plain looking green forest label with yellow title text.

I kept a straight poker face and started to hurriedly put the stuff in a bag because I knew I had already done well. Somewhere along the line, a Game Gear was produced and offered to me so I took that as well. I helped the person root through the various AC Adapters and found mostly phone chargers so nothing that I could actually use. They had indeed misplaced the AV Cables and AC Adapters. I thanked the person and took the stuff to my car.

After I popped open my trunk, I decided to take a closer look at the cartridges. Here's the contents of my epic find:

- A dirty SNES
    - A dirty SNES controller
    - An InterAct SNES Pad
    - A used and dusty NES
    - A black Game Gear with a missing battery cover
    - Itchy and Scratchy for the Game Gear
    - Super Columns for the Game Gear
    - Sim City for the SNES (as are the rest of the games I'm listing)
    - Killer Instinct
    - Super Punch Out
    - Super Mario Kart
    - Secret of Evermore
    - TWO Secret of Mana (the gem I spotted immediately)
    - Chrono Trigger

I drove like mad back home and cleaned and tested the SNES games with a buddy of mine. They all work and they have saves at various points in each of the respective games.

Un-freaking believable. Apparently, there's merit to impulsive decision making. Not only did I just get a pile of awesome stuff for free for my collection, I just saved a whole lot from the fate of the dumpster. The systems still need to be cleaned and tested but for obvious reasons, I'm not going to be bummed if they don't work.

What a find and what an adventure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, my three greatest finds:

1) 64DD in the junk section of a Hard-Off. It was attached to an N64 unit and worked like a champ. 1500 yen (~$15), IIRC.

2) My FM Towns Marty, minty and complete - 4000 yen (~$40). sitting way-y-y-y high up on some shelves at a local store.

3) Probably my Chotetsu Brikinger 4 or so years ago. Not that it was super cheap but it is hella difficult to find. I haven't seen another one since. You see other rares like Taromaru frequently (relatively), and the R10 Heim Waltz and Eyeful Home seem to be in every major shop in Akihabara. But Brikinger?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by b1aCkDeA7h View Post
    Apparently, there's merit to impulsive decision making.
    Nah. Work on your poker face

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These finds happened at different places:

1. The box and inserts for the NES Action set from Play N Trade for 15 bucks

2. 4 switch Atari 2600 from Digital Press for.... I forget but less than 50 I think

3. Super Mario 3 CIB from Play N Trade for 5 bucks
    Now you're playing with power

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b1aCkDeA7h View Post
    I'll lump today's adventure as one epic find.

I woke up today and was perusing one of the Free Criagslists around my region when I came across a fifteen minute old post that said something along the lines of "NES and SNES" in the title. Not too old, cool. Usually by the time I click them and email and stuff, they're gone or I email back and forth and don't end up with free video game stuff.

It didn't have a location listed but I knew the general area would be at least an hour's drive for me. The listing said that the person was cleaning out their house when they came across their NES, SNES, 2 SNES controllers, 7 SNES games, but no adapters or AV cables so they weren't tested. The post said that the stuff would be thrown out by the 1st and the classic game preservationist inside me, coupled with the fact that the post was quite fresh, pushed me to email the poster and in a gamble, I left my phone number.

I got a call about five or ten minutes later and when I found out where the stuff was, I was right, give or take about an hour plus change away. I told the person on the phone that I could be there at noon, but that was a problem so we scheduled a pickup for later in the evening. Since I had basically just woken up, it slipped my mind to ask what games were in the lot and forgot to ask if the person could hold it for me.

Right before I left to pick the stuff up, I noticed the post was gone. I had a nagging feeling that the person may have given the stuff away but I was feeling zealous and decided to not call and leave to pick up the stuff anyway. About twenty minutes from the location, I called to remind the person I was coming. Voice mail...

...crap...

I kept driving though but right as I contemplated turning around, I got a call confirming that the stuff was still there. After getting off the phone, I breathed a collective sigh of relief from all the gambles I took so far.

As I knocked on the door, I wasn't expecting much. Bring on the busted systems and sports games!

The person invited me in and directed me to a near empty milk crate with the stuff sprawled around it. It was clear that the person was prepping to move or something. As I looked at the NES and SNES, they were pretty dirty. Ugh, maybe I shouldn't have been so impulsive.

The person then handed me the stack of games, the ones I notice immediately were a black cartridge and one with a rather plain looking green forest label with yellow title text.

I kept a straight poker face and started to hurriedly put the stuff in a bag because I knew I had already done well. Somewhere along the line, a Game Gear was produced and offered to me so I took that as well. I helped the person root through the various AC Adapters and found mostly phone chargers so nothing that I could actually use. They had indeed misplaced the AV Cables and AC Adapters. I thanked the person and took the stuff to my car.

After I popped open my trunk, I decided to take a closer look at the cartridges. Here's the contents of my epic find:

- A dirty SNES
    - A dirty SNES controller
    - An InterAct SNES Pad
    - A used and dusty NES
    - A black Game Gear with a missing battery cover
    - Itchy and Scratchy for the Game Gear
    - Super Columns for the Game Gear
    - Sim City for the SNES (as are the rest of the games I'm listing)
    - Killer Instinct
    - Super Punch Out
    - Super Mario Kart
    - Secret of Evermore
    - TWO Secret of Mana (the gem I spotted immediately)
    - Chrono Trigger

I drove like mad back home and cleaned and tested the SNES games with a buddy of mine. They all work and they have saves at various points in each of the respective games.

Un-freaking believable. Apparently, there's merit to impulsive decision making. Not only did I just get a pile of awesome stuff for free for my collection, I just saved a whole lot from the fate of the dumpster. The systems still need to be cleaned and tested but for obvious reasons, I'm not going to be bummed if they don't work.

What a find and what an adventure.
    Ah man, I would have killed to come accross something like this lmao!