Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your THREE Greatest Finds in the Wild?

Insert Coin (Level 0) WSUCougars's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do craigslist finds count? If so...

Pioneer Laseractive w/ Mega-LD module + manuals for both + Laseractive branded controller + remote + a box of appx. a dozen games = $100 (steep, yes, but well worth it as the system was in beautiful shape and has worked great since I purchased it about a year ago).

Vectrex + 3D Imager = $100 (another steep one, but worth it for the Imager - came w/ the 3D Minestorm color wheel, and I had to spend another few months tracking down a reasonably priced copy of the cart).

Non-craigslist...

TurboGrafx 16 + CD-Rom + carrying case + loose copy of Air Zonk = $5.00 (yard sale find)

And one more for good measure ...

Chrono Trigger + Breath of Fire + Contra 3 + Romance of the 3 Kingdoms II = $3.00 each (SNES - thrift store find)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I am somewhat new to collecting games so my best finds are lame in comparision to most of yours. In no order my 3 best finds are:

1. Found a mint complete copy of Suikoden 2 at a garage sale for $2. Then about a month later found another copy at a different garage sale for $1.50.

2. Went to an indoor flea market and found 11 factory sealed NES games. Zelda 2, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2, Faxanadu, Robo Warrior, Duck Hunt, Blaster Master, Megaman 2, Cobra Trinangle, Guerrilla War. All for a grand total of $25.

3. Complete in its box, Game & Watch Mickey Mouse DC-95. Garage sale for $5.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Super Sonic 5's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My 3 greatest finds? I got a C64 at a grage sale for $5, Sonic Adventure: Limited Edition (Disc only) for 10$ at a game shop, and while not that great a find, Metal Gear Solid 2 for the PS2: $2.50, garage sale.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spider-Man: Web of Fire (32x)
    Blockbuster Video Game Championship II (Genesis)
    Miracle Piano (Genesis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chrozi

Default fynds

Panzer Dragoon Saga - Funcoland $39.99

Bought together:
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Offical Stradegy Guide
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike for Dreamcast Total Price: $5.00

Tengen version of Tetris for NES - Second hand shop- $2.99
    "Oh my lord it's nutty, yup!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's my top 3 finds in the Wild:

Adventurevision System 2.00
    VideoBrain System 5.00
    MIB Atari 5200 System with MIB Huge 5200 Game Collection 40.00 I think. Seems high compared to the 2.00 Adventurevision System : )

Mike : )
    Video Game Connection
    ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO Wii
    Ebay User ID : vgc

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    I AM HOMELEZZ
    PSN
    I AM HOMELEZZ

Hmm let's see the all time three greatest finds for me would be. #1 bought a brand new sealed Hot Slots for the NES for $10 and sold it for $1,500 to a private collector. #2 Brand New sealed US Aero Fighters for $10 at the same store I got Hot Slots. #3 and got a complete with box Pioneer LaserActive with the Sega PAC with 5 games for $50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Probably these:

1) A Battlestation II controller. It has two controller positons with six buttons and one joystick each with turbo cabability It can control a SNES, a Genesis, a SMS, a commodore or an amiga. It is about 18 inches wide and about 8 inches deep. Unless you have a left handed and a right handed person playing though someone is going to be at a disadvantage. I have no documentation for it and I don't know who made it. It looks pretty impressive though since the joysticks are different colors and the buttons are all oversize and are different colors also. I think it cost me about $10, but I don't remember the exact price.

2) A copy of the Ultima II game - complete with the cloth map - cost all of $.89.

3) A store display copy of Snatcher for the Sega CD - it has
    the art work for the back/spine and the covers for the manual are in color. The manual is blank inside (although it has pages) and the disc is blank also. Cost me $.80 (reduced from $9.95 when I pointed out to the manager that it wasn't a real game).
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

#1 was back when I was working at Funcoland in New Brunswick NJ, an older woman brought in an Atari 2600 and a box of carts, asking if we repaired 2600's.

All it needed was a contact cleaning, which we did. She was so happy that it worked that she offered up any one cartridge from the box.

My friend dipped in and said "that one" , to which she gladly obliged, and left.

When he turned around and held up a copy of "Chase the Chuck Wagon" my eyes nearly fell out of my head.

That tops the list, and the others don't really have much of a story...

#2 was probably getting the Vectrex light pen boxed, and the art and animation carts all in one "lot" purchase

#3 was a copy of Crazy Climber for 2600, which was gifted to me from a friends collection - again, for getting his Atari hardware working.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not much my way,
    NES River City Ransom $2.00
    NES Bubble Bobble $2.00
    SNES Rock and Roll Racing $3.00

All at the same garage sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I snagged Suikoden II Complete in great condition for $5.00 at a local cash converters a few years ago. One day at Goodwill I found a bunch of complete brand new looking nes games for $2.97 a peice including: Both Zelda I & II, Megaman II, and Burger Time. And just the other day, I found a loose EVO: The Search for Eden and Tetris Attack I picked up both of em for $7.50 each.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

symphony of the night, x-com 1 & 2 and silent bomber for playstation.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saterday I got an Xbox 360 for $39.99 at goodwill. It had a sign on it that said it didn't work. I bought it and it works perfectly.

A couple of weeks ago I got a virtual boy in the box for $15 on craigslist. Oh yeah before that I got one with out the box and no foam eye sheild thingy for I think $3 at goodwill.

A month or so ago I got Harvest Moon 64 for $2.99 at goodwill.

Pretty much every gaming item I own I got for a deal somewhere because I am cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm.. Not sure if I've ever gotten anything overly amazing, but I have gotten:

1. 30+ TG-16 games for around $30 back in the late 90's.
    2. Recently acquired a sealed De La Jet Set Radio. It wasnt incredibly cheap, but, I found one.
    3. Sega Game Gear back in the late 90's in a Toys'R'Us bargain bin for around.. $15? Games for around $2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

At goodwill once I found a boxed Odyssey2 with a bunch of boxed games for $6. One of the games(Killer Bees!) was a rarer one.

Just a few months ago I bought a box of video game stuff for $30 that included the following: A Sega Nomad, Game Gear with a few games, original gameboy, playstation, N64, SNES, Super Scope + cart, a bunch of genesis games, a few NES games, and a bunch of random controllers.

I can only think of 1 other thing but it's not too spectacular and that was a boxed and complete Legend of Zelda for $4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Turntablist
    PSN
    DJ_Daishi

bought 3 mint dreamcasts w/ 4 controllers at a local goodwill for $5...I was pretty happy that day.
    -DJ

My EPIC "For Sale" Thread: CLICKY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, most of the "classic" stuff I have was given to me by an old co-worker. But as far as stuff I have paid for..
    Mint CIB NES for 35$ from some local guy.

Contra and a bunch of other NES games for free from a friend of mine.

N64 w/ Exp pack; SM64, MK64, DK64, Tony Hawk PS2, SF RUSH, Mario Party . . All for 40$ Shipped. All I really wanted was SM64 and MK64 but got it all.
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Nightwing's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NIGHTW1NG
    PSN
    Nightwing007

I might have to revise this when I gain access to the Trading area - but I'll leave that up to you readers.Otherwise,I'd have to say that my 3 biggest finds are:

Spending $11 at a local flea market & getting a skrinkwrapped 2600 Dragonstomper,and loose 2600 carts of Pitfall II,Frogger II:Threedeep, & Crazy Climber
    (Note: I still remember the guy trying to sell me E.T. & Pac-Man carts as I was leaving...)

I used to drive truck cross-country,& one day I was just coming back from Canada when I stopped into a mall up in Plattsburgh,NY. There was an Electronics Boutique in there,and while I was looking at the fancy new Playstation & Saturn games - I ran across the 32x section - or what was left of it.Saw a game that I didn't have & was looking out for & I remember the clerk telling me that only one copy had come in,about two days ago. The32x games were being closed out and so for the expensive price of $2.99 I got my copy of Spiderman:Web Of Fire.

I really debated the last one I was going to post,but I would have to say Radio Shack.Looking through their catalog one day I discovered that they were still selling games for old systems,including my beloved Intellivision.

I don't remember exactly what I paid in total,but I know it was either $9.99,$14.99 or $19.99 tops,each.(and knowing what I know now I still have V-8 moments,but I digress...)

Spending that money got me brand new copies of:
    INTV Commando,Super Pro Football,Super Pro Decathlon,&
    Body Slam:Super Pro Wrestling.

That's my finds...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3DO FZ1(with game in cd tray) at a flea market for $1.00

5 copies of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night(factory sealed) at Sears for 99 cents each

Silent Hill Official strategy guide at Best Buy for a penny
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Sega Master System, CIB with 18 games - $20