Thread: Ebay notifications when item is listed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ebay notifications when item is listed?

I am always looking for specific items on ebay and most times when I check there are non available. Is there an app I can download that will scan ebay's new listings daily and alert me when the item I am looking for becomes available?
    GameGuru
    Visit Nostalgia Gaming if you like classic gaming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes there is. You can save your searches on the favorite searches on the my ebay page.
    That works, but what I always find myself doing is just searching everyday just to make sure. I have ebayitis.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I will have to try that. I don't have a My Ebay page yet, is it free to create.
    GameGuru

Strawberry (Level 2) LazingBlazers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

@GameGuru Sure, man. If you've got an account, you'll get a My eBay page. But eBay's search notification features suck. They are supposed to let you know when an item your watching is ending, tell you when new items are listed (if you request), etc. For me, I think I've been notified about 2 or 3 times out of maybe a few hundred. Good luck, though.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best thing to do is search often, several times a week if not daily, and use several key terms as well as creating favorites searches in my ebay like others have said. I end up finding a lot of what I want, but I am picky on who I will buy from nowadays. Ebay can be very addictive.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LazingBlazers
    @GameGuru Sure, man. If you've got an account, you'll get a My eBay page. But eBay's search notification features suck. They are supposed to let you know when an item your watching is ending, tell you when new items are listed (if you request), etc. For me, I think I've been notified about 2 or 3 times out of maybe a few hundred. Good luck, though.
    dude download an ebay toolbar. that's what I use and they pop up usually 10 minutes before the item ends

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youruglyclone
    dude download an ebay toolbar. that's what I use and they pop up usually 10 minutes before the item ends
    Yeah I have that toolbar but that just lets me know when the auction is ending that I bid on, I want to be notified when someone first lists an item I want.
    GameGuru

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GameGuru
    Quote Originally Posted by youruglyclone
    Yeah I have that toolbar but that just lets me know when the auction is ending that I bid on, I want to be notified when someone first lists an item I want.
    than you should use ebay's own function, just start a normal search and click on save oh and i can't agree with it not working, it works all the time for me, i checked it the first weeks i used it because i didn't trust, but i couldn't find a single item fitting my search that they hadn't mailed me!

you just have to search right, also search in the item text, search using the (X,Y,Z) format, example: search for (jap, jp, sfc, japan, famicom) in the SNES category or something like that and you'll get 99,99% of all super famicom games
    -Jan