Thread: .........................

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default .........................

Last edited by AlphaGamer; 04-02-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGamer View Post
    Have you ever sold off parts of your collection and later grew to regret it? I have and am now in the process of rebuying them. Thankfully most of the games sell for around the same prices I sold them for, but damn I don't know what I was thinking when I sold them years ago. I went through a stage where I got out of collecting for some reason but then got back into it again.
    I've done a couple of purges over the years of systems and games I don't play. For the most part I haven't regretted getting rid of any of it but I have reacquired a few select games but they're very specific titles that I've regretted parting with. I'd say 98% of what I've sold or given away hasn't been missed at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Tell it to the "F*** Nintendo" guy who's been crapping ok this board lately. Of course he's got pirate copies of everything anyway, which is another way around this issue.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flojomojo View Post
    Tell it to the "F*** Nintendo" guy who's been crapping ok this board lately. Of course he's got pirate copies of everything anyway, which is another way around this issue.
    No regrets in my life. Collecting/hoarding is just something to fill a void in your life.

Get me off of your mind, I don't roll that way. Find someone else to fall in love with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sold my N64 and my collection of 15 games to Gamestop back in 2004. My reasoning being that I had a bit of a grudge against the system because many games I actually enjoyed had graphics so blurry they gave me headaches and eyestrain. This was frustrating and as a result, I didn't use the N64 that much. It was still a mistake to dump everything, though. Ended up re-buying several 1st party titles on Wii Virtual Console, but if I had kept the system I could have also bought 3rd party games that I only got to rent back in the day, such as Banjo Kazooie.

I'm still debating whether or not to get an N64 again, but if I do, it has to be Jungle Green or the Pikachu model.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As little as a few months ago I would have been all over this saying yes, but as of now no. Sure I still kind of wish I had my old turbo duo and selection of disc and card games but Id want more, and with how bad the prices are Id never get anything for it so Id just end up seliing it feeling stuck. Ive had in the past more than most people probably should have as far as the size of a pile of games and players(console, handhelds) go but I am over it. If I want something for real now I will get it, and if I will no longer use it it's toast.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I've never sold a game or console. I sold some action figures once that I didn't care for to buy my Centipede cabaret, and I agonized over that, even though I wasn't super attached to them. Still, I don't regret it. The cabinet gets a load of play, while the action figures were in storage in my laundry room.

I don't mind that some of the games are getting so stupid in price, as I tend to go back to the old stuff pretty frequently. As much as I'd like a copy of Beyond Shadowgate, I'm comfortable romping through Keith Courage or Super Star Soldier again, and who knows... I may get lucky and stumble across one of the few remaining games I want at a good price. I lucked into a mint Gate of Thunder last year for $20, so there's always hope.

My whole thing is, when the games start to get too rich for my blood, I just go off in a different direction, which I think is a good way to go. I tend to dig into obscure import stuff. Tanooki goes for Game Boy. It's all about finding what you'll enjoy that the crazies aren't obsessing over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

The only thing I have ever regretted selling was my 3DO. Everything else nope.
    SEGA!

Cherry (Level 1) wizardofwor1975's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fortunately, I've never had to sell any of my console game collection but I did sell off quite a bit of my Commodore Vic-20 collection. At that time I was very short on funds and overtime was practically nonexistent. Luckily, I was able to talk the buyer into selling it back to me after I squared away my finances for an extremely generous price and got a good friendship out of the deal as well. If I hadn't been able to buy my Vic collection back that would have been very regrettable to say the least.
    Last edited by wizardofwor1975; 05-30-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did a big clearance about a year ago. Still have so many I will never play them all, so do not regret it in the slightest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    My whole thing is, when the games start to get too rich for my blood, I just go off in a different direction, which I think is a good way to go. I tend to dig into obscure import stuff. Tanooki goes for Game Boy. It's all about finding what you'll enjoy that the crazies aren't obsessing over.
    Damn right, and few people care at all about Gameboy anything if it's not complete in the box, and even then it's hit and miss. Due to that most loose carts are easily had in the $1-15 range which is fantastic, and usually the spendy stuff is obscure garbage like Catch That Roach or Spuds Adventure.

I did the whole another direction which is a great thing and not just with Gameboy. Just a taste if any noticed enough, Bonk(NES), Bubble Bobble 2, Wild Guns, Contra 3, DKC2-3, Bubble Bobble 1, and very few other games flew the coup a little over a month ago and it got me PinBot. That pinball machine got more hours on it already both in my tinkering with it and playing it than those carts have ever or in more years than I care to remember. NO regrets. I did the whole nausea thing when I was out of work and had to sell off over 1500~ games and over a dozen systems along with other oddities (game & watch, coleco tabletop, misc old lcd games.) That hit me like a death of a thousand paper cuts as it was a slow painful bleeding but it numbed me most the way since. Not entirely, I'm where I wouldn't be very happy dropping much of anything I've retained. I've got 273 physical games (235 before I scooped up some GB/GBC games) in my hands at this rate not including some PC games and coleco/g&w/handheld stuff I still have. That's a sliver of what I had before and I'm good with it. Hell I think I'd still be willing to add back the DK Jr coleco tabletop if I found one not ludicrously priced but the G&W games I'm on the fence even keeping my last 3 as I am with some of my LCDs.

As sloan put it, I still have so many I will never play them all (again.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I was looking around the video game section of Toys R' Us back in May of 1995, when I had discovered that Sega already had the Sega Saturn available at retail. I plopped down my $400 for the console and bought Daytona USA a couple of weeks later. I ended up buying Panzer Dragoon and Pebble Beach Golf, but there wasn't a whole lot of North American games to choose from during that summer. There was a Die Hard Game Club store in Plano (Dallas area) that offered import games for the Saturn, and they had Wing Arms selling for $75, along with the Action Replay for another $40. I didn't have a lot of money at the time (blew all of that on the initial purchase of the Saturn), so I started looking at my Genesis and Sega CD collection as trade-in for the game and AR. I ended up trading in about 30 Genesis carts, my boxed HD Graphics Genesis, 50 Sega CD games and the Sega CD. I really didn't get a whole lot of trade-in credit for all of the stuff I'd traded in, but managed to get enough to buy the AR, along with Wing Arms. I think I might have gotten @ $15 for Snatcher on the Sega CD, which was pretty much hi-way robbery at the time.

A couple of years later, I was yearning to play some of those old Genesis titles, so I ended up buying a Model 2 Genesis on the cheap, along with 40 or so games at very reasonable prices when stores like Toys R' Us, Funcoland and some mall CD/music store was dumping the games below $20 a title. I never got around to buying another Sega CD though, and the prices of the games that I'd wanted for that system were becoming too rich for my blood, so I never felt inclined to buy it again.