Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most Regrettable Gaming Moment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'd regret breaking my first copy of The Sims. cracked it in two.

I don't have many other regrets in my gaming history.. When i see a good deal, I get it (Or hope it's still there the next time)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Passing up a copy of Guardian Heroes in a game store, with box and manual, for $15, in favor of Bug!

This one still makes me sad.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Selling Megaman X2 and X3 to a friend for 20$ each(Even tho it was a gift to him to start as a collector)

Selling 8 PS2 games to buy RPG maker 2 (I had asolutely no cash at the time)

Selling all my remaining SNES games to my manager because I only wanted boxed games and now I'm not sure it was smart because I keep seeing boxed only on eBay

Not telling my manager not to sell 3 boxed mint NES games we had bought from a customer a couple of weeks ago that he brought home to test; I asked him to bring them back to the store so that I could see them and in the morning a lady who we presume owns a store at a flee market(stores at flee markets around here sell games at outrageous prices) came in and bought the three games for practicaly nothing. Those games where Zelda, Adventures of Lolo 3 and fire N' Ice; I could have gotten them for 5$ each and now she'll probably sell them 40 and up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Messing around with a game shark for the DC wich ended up erasing half my save files. Including my mars Matrix, with almost every thing unlocked. Soul Calibur with EVERYTHING unlocked. Shenmue, and I think thats about it.

As far as collecting goes, not buying a large collection of complete SMS games for $2 a piece. I did get paper boy though so good enough I guess.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Tradeing away my TG16/CD Unit and games just for a few, Sega-CD games.

I'm not sure why i did it i just.. thought i got all i could. Out of it afther, NEC had let it die in the U.S.I don't know maybe if i had the "3.0 super system card" and $ for imports i might have keep it

Any ways in the end i miss it so much.I went ahead and got me a 'PCE and started all over agian

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played Killer Instinct for like 12 hours straight on the hardest mode...

Regret screwing up on the skeletons teleport move which caused me to lose the game and my sanity.

Dropped some weights on my controller ... then tore it apart with a knife.
    Cryptopsy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just now i remember Overwriting my best save file on Jet set radio future by accident x_x

I don't regret passing up a $55 Atari 2600. But i will regret it if i remember the names of those games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Just now i remember Overwriting my best save file on Jet set radio future by accident x_x

I don't regret passing up a $55 Atari 2600. But i will regret it if i remember the names of those games.
    I meant to say

"I don't regret passing up a $55 Atari 2600. But i will regret it if i remember the names of those games that came with it"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

I meant to say
    ...which is why there is that handy "Edit" button at the top of your post
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    I meant to say
    ...which is why there is that handy "Edit" button at the top of your post

....and nevermind...i'm an idiot....this is in classic discussion
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    KingOfPain95

Passed Up on A Zelda:The Minsih Cap for 9.99
    Selling my copies of:Megaman Battle Network 2,Duel masters sempai legends,
    Mega Man Anniversary (GC),Max Payne (XBOX),Tony hawks pro skater 2X (XBOX).
    The fact that This stupid kid stole my kirby nightmare in dremaland last summer

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Collecting Regret: A year or so back my Sega Genesis RF cable starting crapping out on me. A couple of days later, I spotted a copy of Sonic Mega Collection for the GC. I thought "I'd better buy this as a back up in case my Genny RF cable dies on me." Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. Since my Genny was pretty much useless without the RF cable, and because I would have a hard time finding a replacement, I decided to sell off the original versions of the Sonic games and keep the Mega Collection. Boy, was that a mistake! Not only did I only get $20 bucks credit from the store I traded them to, but a couple weeks afterwards I found out that my Dad could fix my RF cable for me! Of course, by that time my games were long gone from the game shop. Oh well, at least I was smart enough not to sell the rest of my Genesis collection.

Gaming Regret: It was while I was trying to beat the final boss of Sonic's section in Sonic Adventure. I had just delivered the final blow. However, I was totally caught off guard my Eggman's last ditch attempt to get me. (For those who haven't played the game: after you land the final hit on Eggman, he flies crazily around the screen. Then he tries get you one last time by crashing in the platform you're standing on. The piece of the platform he lands on breaks off, and he falls into the pit for good.) It spooked so much, that I accidently fell off the platform and died!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Collecting wise, it would be how many times a Super NES slipped between my fingers because I bought something PlayStation-related beforehand. Shortly after I bought my PSX, spending all my money on it (This was back in 2004), a garage sale advertising a Super NES popped up. A few months later, I missed out on another Super NES at a garage sale (In perfect condition with games in equal condition) because I had just bought Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 a day prior.

That is followed closely by trading in my copy of Kirby's Dream Land 2 in a desperate attempt to get that last bit of money I needed to buy a copy of New Super Mario Bros., only to get $.50 in credit for it.

Gaming wise, it would be giving up on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night when I got to the boss fight against Richter. I kept attacking, yet he took no damage at all; like he was a brick wall. It wasn't until after I had deleted my save file, when watching my sister play (Who was at the same point I was), that I realized what we where doing wrong; we where using holy weapons against him. I felt so stupid for deleting my file once I figured out I needed to be using anything but holy weapons on him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

trading in my n64 and huge game collection for a ps1 with 2 sports games at gamestop, i was a kid and at the time thought playstation was cool, but i regret it so much now.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

This was back in 1985-1995 era.

- Selling all my NES games and console back when we went to get the SNES
    - Selling all my SNES games and console to buy n64
    - Selling all my n64 games and console to buy PS1
    - Selling all my PS1 games to get money for something not game related...

Since then i havnt bought a new age system, my brother bought ps2 and now has ps3 and he has wii.

Iam almost done re-collecting NES and SNES and will start with n64. (complete sets)

Back then i had over 80 games for NES, 127 SNES games and about 22 games for the n64, was a hell of a garage sale, moms go nuts over cheap priced games
    Last edited by ActiveForce; 08-10-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Selling my CIB Genesis and around 5 CIB games (including Fire Shark and Splatterhouse 2) to some crappy game store to purchase Star Fox for the SNES! Yeah, that's right.... all of that to purchase ONE SNES game! And this was in '93!

Selling my PSX and all 20-something CIB games (including Lunar: SSSC, Einhander, Time Crisis, etc) for, maybe $150 or so to pay for part of the rent, only to land a decent job 3 days later, which would've negated this whole need to sell my games in the first place. I actually have re-acquired all the prized gems that I sold (except that CIB Time Crisis set), but I still think that this was probably the dumbest move that I have ever made when it comes to games.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

This is an easy one for me to answer: throwing away all of my boxes prior to around 1999 when the bug to hunt down classic game bit me. If I was only into the really mainstream stuff, it wouldn't matter so much, but I was into RPGs and other stuff that was more obscure at the time and later became valuable. I'm guess I'm fortunate that my collection only dated back to the SNES and Game Boy back then, so it's not like I was doing it for decades. But still, just a sampling of what I threw away includes the boxes for Castlevania Legends, Lufia II, Super Mario RPG, and Harvest Moon.

I can be thankful that I always kept manuals at least, and the one exception I made to my throwing away rule was definitely a wise one. I loved Chrono Trigger so thoroughly that I saved the box just out of sentimental value. It's slightly squished from having something light resting on top of it for years, but in general, it's still very mint.

Another regret is buying the original Japanese-only King's Field for my boyfriend. I don't regret that in and of itself, but I wish I had done it at a later point in time or at least switched the memory card in the system. Little did we know that there was an option to format the card right in the game's menu. And I'm not talking an option menu on the title screen. I mean the in-game menu in which you also put on equipment and such. We were just trying to find the option to save the game. Well, we did, but bye bye 100 hour Tactics Ogre file I had been working on, getting deep into the bonus dungeon. I hadn't even beaten the game yet, and I still haven't because I sold the game. I bought the game with the intention of selling because it was a scratched up loose disc and I wanted to replace it with a complete copy. I was intending to beat it before selling it, but because of my disgust over losing my file, I sold it off then and there and still haven't bothered buying a complete copy of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a lot of "selling things" regrets.

In 1995 I sold my NES, Genesis, and SNES. . . all with several games to get a Playstation with Tekken.

FuncoLand/Gamestop is pure evil. I wish I just kept everything. They give the absolute worst prices possible.

Letting my sister anywhere near my games is a regret. I gave my copy of Mega Man 2 to a friend because my sister had literally spilled a liter of soda on it. He eventually got it to work. She also traded my NES copy of Snow Brothers for Super Mario Brothers 3 or something extremely common. I'm glad I don't share a state with her anymore.

Oh yeah, I raged out once and kicked a hole in a wall after getting worked in World Heroes. That was stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Renting Pit fighter for Snes. Well, that and renting The Rocketeer for Nes.....

Insert Coin (Level 0) EColeman24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This would be without a doubt the moment(s) I traded in my Final fantasy games (1-6) *sniffs* to get newer games...if only I had know *sobs openly*