This is a kinda open ended thread. Im not exactly a veteran of this board, but why I've been here I've seen many people selling parts or the entire works of their collections for various reasons. Be it new kids, new house, unexpected bills or other types of personal reasons.

For myself I'm a business student graduating from university within a year, most likely over 30k in debt. From my best estimates I can *relatively easily* get 3-5 grand for my collection, most likely more if I do some hardcore ebay milking. While that is not exactly alot, it will pay some down. Which in the long run will result in less intrest payments and eventually more money to dedicate to gaming somewhere further down the road (when I'm actually financially secure).

On top of that I have a business idea I've been kicking around for the past three years or so. This summer I intend to actually do something with it and finish up my business plan. If I can't get any youth business grants / loans for the start up money I need, then that collection is gonna start to look even more tempting to liquidate.

While selling off my collection is gonna crush my heart I have a feeling it will become a nessicity within a year or two. No doubt I'll eventully spend alot more in re-aquiring it, but by that point I'll actually be able to afford it.

I'm sure people must have thoughts on this type of subject.... just curious about what experiences / opions people have on the whole broad idea.

- Sphinx