Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Would You Sell Your Collection?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sold my NES Collection i had about 110 Games including all 6 Mega Mans all 4 TMNT Games and Flintstones Surprise at Dinosaur Peak now i wish i had not sold it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No way! Unless I absolutley needed money and selling my collection was the only way. I just hope it will never come to that...and even if it did, I would keep some of my games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I wouldn't part with my Castlevania, Legacy of Kain or Metal Gear Solid stuff, everything else could go if the price was right... except my dreamcast crap.

Hell, the price will never be right. I'll only sell this stuff if I need to.
    I have sold over 120 of my ps2 games to make space, and don't miss them one bit. I have sold most of my old Castlevania stuff when I was getting rid of my games as a moronic youth, and now am paying out the ass to recollect it all.

Never again!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I probably would sell my collection, if I was given 2 or 3 times more than what it costed for me to get all of it. I don't have many rare games, so there wouldn't be any problem buying them all back.
    RIP Bargora.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well sooner or later we all have to choose. We probably won't be enjoying our collections anymore with 70 or something like that.
    Guns don't kill people,
    Chuck Norris kills people!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would never sell my collection even if I ran out of money. I would rather sell other stuff instead, like some of my toys.
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would feel empty without my collection, like losing a friend. My collection is like a child. Well maybe not a child but a giga pet. I feed it and watch it grow. Even clean it up and make it look nice when I'm bored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been slowly wittling down my collection. So much of it is in boxes at my parent's place, and I just don't have the room for it. Hopefully I can work it down to a more managable size.

The 2600 and Intellivision games have been the first to go, and it will probably be the NES and SNES games next. Those will be a bit harder to let go of, but I can always keep my favorite games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by drewbrim
    You laugh now, but the people with 100's of rookie cards of Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, etc... aren't
    Well they should have sold them when they had the chance. If I found out one of my Micheal Jordan Basketball cards, went for 1000 bucks, I'd sell it so fast!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing video games for about 23 years and I've had my original NES console (which was my first console) for about 18 years. There's only two conditions that could make me sell my collection.

1) If I get bored with video games. which considering how long I've been into video games I just don't see that happening ever. There's always going to be something fun to buy and play.

2) Or if I become so poor and desperate that I need to sell them to have a place to sleep and food to eat. I hope that never happens.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had planned to start a thread similar to this but since it fits here I'll just throw it out there.

Anyone else out there nervous about a baseball card like collecting crash? Baseball cards used to be all the rage collecting (and value) wise, and after the market flooded those $100 cards went down to $50, then $20, then $10 where they find themselves today.

Can you imagine if video game collecting had the same situation. At first I'd be pissed since the dollar value of my collection would plummet. But it would be pretty sweet to pick up some now expensive or inflated games for about 10% of what they sell for now. So obviously the perfect scenario is to sell while they will bring the cash and then replace them for the love of collecting for much less than what you paid for them.

Ebay 10 years from now.........
    Earthbound $5
    Dracula X $10
    Panzer Dragoon Saga $20 shipped

You laugh now, but the people with 100's of rookie cards of Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, etc... aren't

I, in turn, would LOVE it. It's not about the value, it's about what you got and if I can get those at that cheap of a price, more power to me and everyone else :0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

Default sell collection

hell no....for no reason what so ever.....there is no reason...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tbowl
    I had planned to start a thread similar to this but since it fits here I'll just throw it out there.

Anyone else out there nervous about a baseball card like collecting crash? Baseball cards used to be all the rage collecting (and value) wise, and after the market flooded those $100 cards went down to $50, then $20, then $10 where they find themselves today.

Can you imagine if video game collecting had the same situation. At first I'd be pissed since the dollar value of my collection would plummet. But it would be pretty sweet to pick up some now expensive or inflated games for about 10% of what they sell for now. So obviously the perfect scenario is to sell while they will bring the cash and then replace them for the love of collecting for much less than what you paid for them.

Ebay 10 years from now.........
    Earthbound $5
    Dracula X $10
    Panzer Dragoon Saga $20 shipped

I, in turn, would LOVE it. It's not about the value, it's about what you got and if I can get those at that cheap of a price, more power to me and everyone else :0
    Also, what can you do with baseball cards anyway? Look at them? They have no function. Even if you decide to unwrap the mint game it will always have a function...given that you have the correct console, of course.

Baseball cards -3
    Video Games +16

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cards and Comic Books were hyped up products in the 90s, when the value soared because of some hocus pocus that comic books can fund your college education, etc.

Ouch since then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

It sucks now that cards and comics arn't worth anything. When I was younger my dad and I would just go to comic book warehouses and just buy all kinds of stuff. We have thousands of comics, I'm waiting for them to go up a little bit in value and just sell them all off. Same with cards, I collected those as a kid and now they arn't worth anything.

Anyways, back to the topic...

I sold my Saturn and my SNES back in the day just because it wasn't something I was interested in anymore and didn't want it. Now that I am collecting I wish I would of never sold my SNES.

In my collection now I would sell everything probably except for my SNES stuff. The SNES is what I had when I was a kid and it's what I grew up with, so that is what I mainly collect, the other stuff I just collect to collect.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have bunch of Comic book collection from way back I don't mind selling if the price offered is good enough. Other than that, my game collection will never leave me. Unless I desperately need the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At this point in time I don't plan on selling my collection to get rid of it. Although I don't play a good chunk of them, they are nice to have on the side for looks, ahs, and if I ever want to just pop them in and enjoy them in their original form. The only things I like to emulate are older games I can't find, generally falling under 2D. CD-based games take up too much space and generally have the same length of game time as cartridge so it's a space time situation.

If it came down to it though, yes I would sell it all off. I'm sure I could somehow manage to let myself just play PC games or something, but I can't quite games altogether. It would feel very weird from my point of view currently, but who knows because sometimes time can change everything.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I would likely sell most, if not all, of my collection if the opportunity arose.

I have recently realized that I am a gamer at heart. While I like my games to be in pristine cosmetic condition, my purpose of having them is to enjoy them. Personally, letting them sit on a shelf to be admired is vain and wasteful, in my opinion. I do have a small number of complete games, but in retrospect, I bought them at a whim and have no real attachment to them. I'll never have a complete collection of any system, and that's fine by me.

In any case, yes I would sell most of my collection if offered a decent sum.
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i've been there, multiple times....years ago,when i was like 10 or 11 years old, i already had a whole lot of games, mainly nintendo stuff ( still my favorite), then i sold it all for whatever reason....i guess there wasn't even a reaso nt oit, i just decided to sell it one day,i wasn't a collector then,i just liked games and bought a lot of them....ok,fastforward couple of years, still into gaming, and even more then before,over time i got some systems again, mainly the then-new stuff, n64,ps1, then came ps2,xbox and gamecube....so,even though it wasn't a real collection yet, i had been thinking about really becoming a collector now.

however,some 6 years ago, i started getting into pro wrestling as well,first watching it, then buying some figures etc, and it snowballed from there, within a year or 2 i had a load of dvd,books,figures and other things, thus being a collector.

Then,last year, i had the oppertunity to buy a fully working, in great shape pinball machine from wwf royal rumble (wrestling), BUT it costed a hell lot of money that i didn't have,and there were other bidders on it as well so i had to think very very fast.

i thought about it for couple of days until i really had to make a decision, and by this time,wrestling is my biggest hobby/joy/passion in life, i still like games,and looking at my consoles i had then,my heart broke even before they were sold.....yet i decided to go through with it because i would be even more heart-broken if i let that pinball machine pass by.

So here i am, with my pinball machine, and with only a gamecube left.

Some days wake up and am 100% sure i am gonna "get into" games again like i used to be, then next day i'm like " nah,not start all over again,you'll just sell it eventually again probably".....so what i comes down to is that i made a choice, i had 2 great hobby's,and that's too much for me to be honest, it's gotten to the point were i even fee lkinda guilty when i buy something other then wrestling stuff, seriously.....if i buy something quite expensive these days, just moments after i bought it i go " damn,why did i do that, i could've bought this or that for my collection with that money".....think i'm obsessed ? you're probably right....the bottom line i turned my heart into a stone and made a very difficult dicision,i'm more happy to have 1 huge collection instead of 2 not-so-huge ones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having a very small collection, having only been in it for a few years and gaming being an everyday thing in my life,
    it would kill me to give up my collection, so much so I would never collect again.

The only reason I would give up my collection would be to
    save myself from being homeless.

When I die I want all my stuff to be locked inside a vault deep withing the earth or under my grave.