Thread: Seems weird that it's been 15 years since the Genesis Launch

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Seems weird that it's been 15 years since the Genesis Launch

Have you ever stopped and thought about how long it's been since systems like the TurboGrafx-16 and Genesis were released. Both of those sytems came out in the second half of 1989.

Close to 15 years ago.

Just seems kinda weird to me. It doesn't seem like it's been that long of a time period. Pretty amazing.

And when you are talking about video game time, it's like Dog years. 15 years is like 40 years when you are talking about video game time. Things change so drastically in the span of 5 or 10 years. But it just doesn't seem that long ago that I was playing a crappy basketball game called Pat Riley Basketball in an apartment in beautiful San Diego.

I was 19 or 20 years old at the time (I'm about to be 34 in a few months), and I really wasn't that huge of a video game nut then. I was a big time sports video game nut at the time. But I wasn't a overall video game nut. I remember getting the Genesis and Pat Riley Basketball from a friend of mine. Then I soon had Lakers vs. Celtics and then the big time game of John Madden Football. The original. I also had a TurboGrafx-16, and I remember playing alot of Splatterhouse and Legendary Axe and even Keith Courage.

Those were the good old days.

Just seems weird to think that all that happened almost 15 years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when you hit 30 you stop questioning yourself with the ol, "man, I'm old cuz those kids have never SEEN atari.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing that blows ME away is how beat-to-shit most software and hardware IS when you consider that it's "only" 15 years old. I'll root through piles of boxed and loose carts that are SO grimey that I feel like I'm on an archaological dig, sifting through 500-year-old black plastic Genny carts.

I'm sorry....but I feel that anything that is only 15 years old should still be complete and be in near-mint condition. It really pisses me off when I find a great game......and it's incomplete or covered in filth. The disregard that people have for their things really irks me. Our 18 year-old son has an XboX, in HIS room, he's not allowed into The Game Room (TM), you'll see why....and he'll buy a new (non-used) piece of software....and a few days later you'll find the disc sitting IN the machine, covered with greasy goo and showing scuffs. The case will be flung on the floor and the instruction book will be dogeared and wearing greasy thumb spots. He also used to "lose" his N64 boxes. How do you "lose" a box?

It wouldn't be such a great deal......but I ran my own game store....and the kid KNOWS the proper way to treat software and systems!!!