Thread: SS DOOM question

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SS DOOM question

I have the Japanese release of Doom for Sega Saturn and the sound is messed up. No music and only some sound effects. The disc, to my recollection, has no large/deep scratches. I only have a US Saturn now, so I am wondering if that is the problem. Any one know? Speaking of doom, that sound effect that REB/ Eric Harris made for when a guy dies is really strange... Obvious that something wasn't right with him.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no scratches at all? or some minor ones? how are you playing it on your u.s. saturn? with a convertor cart? or a mod switch? any one of these could be the problem. i say just track own the u.s. version of doom, as it's the same game, no changes...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I already have just about every Doom game for PC, so it isn't too big of a deal. The CD has some light scratches, no worse than some of my other import Saturn games which play just fine. There are some (very few) SFX, like for barrels and some enemies. Music seems to be working now. Maybe my TV speaker has blown out or something... Maybe my RF cord is old. Only system I use one for.
    I am using a memory cartridge as a convertor. The only reason I got the game was because it was complete (manual, spine, reg.) for $3.99. Although I own many Japanese systems, I have yet to buy a Japanese Saturn, because Saturn games are not my favorites.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fcfcfc
    Yeah, I already have just about every Doom game for PC, so it isn't too big of a deal. The CD has some light scratches, no worse than some of my other import Saturn games which play just fine. There are some (very few) SFX, like for barrels and some enemies. Music seems to be working now. Maybe my TV speaker has blown out or something... Maybe my RF cord is old. Only system I use one for.
    I am using a memory cartridge as a convertor. The only reason I got the game was because it was complete (manual, spine, reg.) for $3.99. Although I own many Japanese systems, I have yet to buy a Japanese Saturn, because Saturn games are not my favorites.
    aha- you should probably get a saturn AV cable. $3.99 is a great deal, btw! was that online somewhere?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was on eBay a while ago. the seller was champ_des_pins