Thread: AWWWWW ...the panesians

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default AWWWWW ...the panesians

Manm today was both an exciting and dissapointing day. Bubble Bath Babes and Hot Slots were bought right in front of me for 10$, I missed em buy about a minute. Oddly this wasn't even one of my main rivals at the local swap meet. I was looking through the games and this was guy was just like dood, I just bought the rarest games. Than he busted em out, carts were in awesome shape too. Of course I gave him mad props and congradulated him, got his # in hopes that I can get a Fair (slightly lower than e-bay) price on them but I doubt it. He was like I'v been searching for these for 15 years. Well good for him you know.. but ouch for me. Definitly the best items that were ever bought right out from under me. Which brings me to a new discussion.. What were the best items ever bought outright in front of you that you missed by a few minutes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

one Knuckles Chaotix PAL 32X for 5.00
    one sealed Shenmue 2 DC PAL for 5.00
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have strangled him. Seriously. I gotta hand it to you CGD, that was pretty cool of you to congratulate him. I don't think I could have done that, and I even own all 3 Panesians complete already.

I did find a find a boxed Turbo Duo with a stack of games at a pawn one time for $60. When I returned the next day with the cash to buy it though, it was already gone. That was the closest anyone has ever beat me out to something (to my knowledge).

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My parents threw away all there Atari 2600 games like 2 years before I started collecting. They had a Crazy Climber and liek another 50 games.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, that had to be a bit disappointing. You're taking it pretty well...I would have been kicking myself all day long.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah, I'm a BAD sport. If that happened to me I'd be cussing and ranting and raving all day, plus I'd have probably beat the hell out of the guy that got them.

Luckily I have never had anything snatched out from me.

But I do have a couple friends here that have started collecting also, and they told me they got a boxed toploader for 10.00, and I've been wanting a boxed one for a while (have a loose one)....when they told me this the first words out of my mouth were "fuck you". Come to find out they were joking....guess they felt "The Passion Of The Cmosfm" that day.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two things come to mind:

1. Dreamcast store display was at my Flea for around 8 weeks. I didn't think anyone was ever going to buy it, so I just started saving my money. When I finally had enough I went to the seller and it was gone.

2. Some guy had all kinds of cases and instructions for TG16 games. I swear he must have had 40-50 of them. Some guy walks right in front of me, scoops them all up and gets them for $3.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to a thrift with my friend one time and he started searching and found all the wisdom tree games for the genny super 3d noahs ark and one for nes all sealed for 2 bucks each and I had no money at all that day.

I got a free aladdin deck enhancer when I was a kid and I didn't think much of it and gave it to a friend and he got it stolen.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ouch. that kind of thing never happend to me. If I saw somebody buy those panesians for 10 bucks each, I wouldnt let him ever see me. Id whack him in the head and knock him out then take the games never to see him again.
    Midwest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey CGD, did you at least let the seller know how much the Panesians were worth after he sold them? No sense in you being the only one miserable after this tragedy. :P

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nork, of course not, I buy games from these guys all the time, they know certain things are rare they just don't know what things.. I wouldn't want the average price of nes carts to jump to 10 bux now.. sure it was dissapointing as hell, but at the same time I really was happy for the guy.. he told me was getting married in six months and could use the cash from the sale, I just hope he offers them to me first, but anyhow, there's always tomorrow you know.. and the hunt goes on

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Re: AWWWWW ...the panesians

Quote Originally Posted by Classicgamesdepot
    Manm today was both an exciting and dissapointing day. Bubble Bath Babes and Hot Slots were bought right in front of me for 10$, I missed em buy about a minute. Oddly this wasn't even one of my main rivals at the local swap meet. I was looking through the games and this was guy was just like dood, I just bought the rarest games. Than he busted em out, carts were in awesome shape too. Of course I gave him mad props and congradulated him, got his # in hopes that I can get a Fair (slightly lower than e-bay) price on them but I doubt it. He was like I'v been searching for these for 15 years. Well good for him you know.. but ouch for me. Definitly the best items that were ever bought right out from under me. Which brings me to a new discussion.. What were the best items ever bought outright in front of you that you missed by a few minutes?
    Oh man..I would of been sick if someone snatched those games up in front of me..
    And I would of took a chance and offered the person more money then he paid for them..With a sob story..(Done It before)

items ever bought outright in front of you that you missed by a few minutes
    I've had this happen many times..too many times..Over years of searching..

It's usually due to that fact that if I go with someone else to a flea market etc...they drag(My Wife) and slow me up..whereas I haul ass in the flea markets..
    I'd walk up just as something is being bought and I'd be pissed...

I've been the buyer on occasion who's pissed people off...

I've missed out on some of the best finds that would make a game collector cringe...but then I've had some of the best finds that has pissed some people looking at the same thing.

One for instance is my Neo Geo AES find..(Flea market $100.00)
    http://www.imagemagician.org/images/...Fleaxsmall.jpg

A guy had just bought this stuff,but had to go to an ATM machine to get the cash.He asked the woman/vendor to hold it and he'll be right back...The ATM was like 100ft away.
    I just missed this find..but I still tried...As he left.,I was walking up in Shock..
    As soon as I walked up and seen all this stuff spread out on the table I put it all in the nearby box..brought it up to her said Ok how much..
    She said your the guy who said hold it and that you'll be right back yes..(she must of been blind) but I kept telling her yes until she took my $100.00 and I split..FAST..
    I didn't realize on just how close he was..he came right back.,,I was GONE..
    The vendor however told me the next week when I saw her that the guy was Pissed,but that she has no rules..cash at hand talks after the argument she had with him.....I wanted to know if she had anymore Neo Geo games.

I proceeded to buy all of her Master System games.
    Last week I bough a lot of SNES games off of her.
    To this day she can forget my face in a matter of a few minutes.

Some of my worst loses was..
    A complete vintage original 1972 Odyssey game system we games for $20.00..Snatched right in front of me.
    The guy wanted $100.00 the week before and he was a bit nasty..So I passed.
    The next week as I walked up to look at it again and haggle..He sold it right in front of me for $20.00 asking $40.00 but let it go for $20.00..I was SICK..
    A Top Loader NES for $10.00

A Blockbuster N64 display unit for Pokemon Snap cards...Sold right in front of me as I was ready to make an offer.
    Same vendor I got my Virtual Boy display unit from.

Another twist was the time I went to the Flea market and my wife called me over to a big lot/box of (Rarer)SMS stuff..I was slow that day..
    As I walked up the vendor sold it to two guys/teenagers for a very cheap price(I forget I think $20.00)I was mad at myself,for this was a Great find that I just missed..If I had been two seconds faster.
    But the kids were playing greedy...They didn't pay him,but made an agreement for him to hold it for them for 1 hour while they walked around the market paying him when they came back..They were checking out other stuff and maybe wouldn't come back..
    I asked the guy when they left what was up with the stuff he was putting away..
    He was stern to the Hour..So I left after offering double..
    I walked around saw the two guys looking through the same type(game) stuff I look at..for finds...I passed them several times and even bought stuff they passed up or headed them off.
    It got close to the hour..
    I went back..I offered him 4 X the amount he sold it to them for and that kicked his wife in the head..Something like $80.00(I forget)He handed it right over..and I still went around looking.. carrying the box passing them up as they went back later.(stupid asses)
    I didn't leave right away.
    The stuff in the box was way worth it..I was happy as shit..No holds barred at the flea market.

If I see something I want and it's passed it up or not paid for It's mine,no matter the cost..

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I had this experience just yesterday, and I'm still a bit depressed about it. This one guy was selling off his entire video game soundtrack collection, and apparently he either didn't do his research or was just being nice because he was offering some amazing deals. He had the Secret of Evermore album for 15 bucks (which normally sells for $75+), and the Terranigma and Super Mario RPG soundtracks for around $25 each (both of which frequently sell for over $100, the Super Mario RPG soundtrack sold for over $300 on eBay recently... that was just a fluke, though).

However, RIGHT BEFORE I was about to send my email listing what I wanted, he made a post saying all those (and another I was interested in) were sold... Even though there was less than an hour from when he made the listing and when I discovered it, I still try to tell myself that maybe somebody bought them before I even saw it... I don't want to imagine that I lost out because of my own slowness... There was probably a good 10, 15 minutes at least between when I discovered the list and when I was about to send the email because I had to take my time looking through the list and planning out what exactly I'd get and how much it would be... :/

But in all honesty, I was more interested in the deals than the actual items. I haven't even played Terranigma, and I'm not very into the music of Secret of Evermore and Super Mario RPG (I like the music, but neither soundtracks are THAT spectacular). I'm also too obsessive about collecting to sell anything off, so I wouldn't make money on 'em either. In the end I bought the F-Zero X soundtrack, the Valkyrie Profile soundtrack, and the Valkyrie Profile arranged soundtrack, none of which are especially valuable, but they're albums I've really wanted.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, I had a similar experience previously and I got really greedy and still didn't get the items I wanted, I was buying a lot of this lady's Nintenod games as she was pulling stuff off the car and told her I was going to buy every video game Item she had. So as more games came off I grabbed em, well some guy was asking how much on some atari games and I just casually took them with all my other items and kept digging around for more video games, he was pretty pissed and gave her the first price she asked, 30 bux for about 20 games, lots of rares including Guardian , an R8 or 9 I believe.

After that I kinda told myself a finds a find, my swap is filled with a lot of collectors and we basically have mutual agreements that we don't f with eachothers finds, once we have it it's done, walk away and either congradulate or just plain be bitter, it's your choice. I believe we've all had our share of being ruthless out there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My friend snatched up a 486 Amstrad MegaPC (Megadrive/486 PC in one unit) for £7.50, before I could get to it.

Still, I can't complain that much since he gave me a lift to the car boot sale, and I grabbed a 6-switch VCS with 20-odd games from the next stall.