Thread: Pretty pathetic, huh?

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pretty pathetic, huh?

If you're interested in viewing my pathetic collection of video games, you can now do so on the IGN user pages here. I also own "Dexterity" for the original gameboy, by SNK, but it wasn't in their database. I have since petitioned for it to be added. Anyone else thinking of using these IGN user pages to chronicle their collections? It's a fairly handy tool, if I do say so myself. Even though my collection is extremely pathetic. :lol:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

hmm, now I send you to www.videogametracker.com

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sad. very sad. That would be a good idea to put your collection on ign.com, but soo many people peering into your collection, seeing what you have....eeewww....
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started to do that to document my rather large psx image collection but found that a good number of titles are not there for you to pick. It's really bad with my Saturn collection because of all the imports. The idea seemed great right up until I started actually adding games..

Leave it to IGN to not have a complete database but offer a game databasing service.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Raedon: Are there really that many unlisted games? Hell, just while going through the database I found several prototypes, and they did have my Prikura Daisakusen, which I would think is a fairly uncommon saturn import. What kind of game do you have that aren't listed?

@GENESISNES: It really bothers you, people knowing what you have in your collection?

@Achika: I'll be checking that link out very soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I looked at videogametracker.com, as it'd be nice to have a backup list, but the work involved in making one is obscene! Keep in mind that I have over 550 games in my personal collection, and I have my strategy guides and game soundtracks inventoried as well. Now take a look at the list on videogame tracker! They only have about 150 titles in their database, and another 150 are unverified titles! I'd have to type in ALL the info for each one, and load em up one at a time! That's nuts.

I use MS Excel, and have a spreadsheet listing every game, it's exact condition, and their approximate values for insurance purposes. I also have a hardcopy of the data, and emailed it to myself at Hotmail as well, so that if something happened, I'd be able to retrieve it from any computer.

Thing is, LOTS of games aren't listed most places, especially when you collect obscure import Duo games and stuff like that. I have lots of traditional stuff, sure, but lots of obscure stuff too. Excel is just easier, and then I can email my list to anyone I want to see it, or I could upload it to my website (if I wanted to bother to build a table that big).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

The VGT list you can make public, private, and semi private.

Maxlords-have you checked the database for the gamers? Someone has put well over 1000 games on their page. Personally I have about 850 on mine, but that was a few months ago, and I've since added a couple hundred more. When you break up the time, it really doesn't take that long.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was that IGN lister thing free?

And what the Hell is up with that videogametracker.com?? NO SMS Catagory! NO 7800 Catagory! NO COLECO Catagory! NO C64 Catagory! NO VECTREX catagory! NO VIRTUAL BOY Catagory! And the list keeps going and going... NO TGCD or Channel F or CD-i
    Are we just suppose to make every game we own *other* Theres no way to seperate them out that way. And then I checked their message board, and theres no activity in the past 5 MONTHS! Actually I found your post Achika from back in APRIL stating the same thing! And it hasn't been fixed yet?!
    I wouldn't recommend that site to anyone!