Thread: (Fmtown) rarity guide

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default (Fmtown) rarity guide

Is there any plans in the near future to update your rarity guide for the FM Town/FM Town Marty. I only ask cause your missing quite a few titles. I know of at least 150 to 200 titles for the system and your guide only has about 30 or so listed. Not to mention I see people asking about good FM Town games every few months or so.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I may be able to answer that ? for you. The database is always being updated everyday, but there is so much that its hard to keep up with, you seem reasonably knowledgable with the section, if you want to help out, put that list of games together that you have and they coulld add it to the database. Be sure to include names, manufacturer, part nos and release dates.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I have yet to find an FM Towns "expert", so we are updating as we go. Just check in every so often and you'll see the list expand. Same deal with the Pippin. I've got the systems and even play them, but there is much software and limited knowledge in the field!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry what is part nos?

I'm about as much of an expert as you'll find. Not that I probably have much competition as I bet I can count the number people that have Marties on one hand. I did research the system and it's game when I bought my Marty for $50.00. Although I only have about 10 games or so for the system. Plus I can read the language that the games are in which can always be a plus. Not to mention most of my knowledge and game playing/collecting are Japanese import releated. I have less than 25 US games for all my systems combined. I only know of one other person that has a Marty beside myself and Joe.

I can probably do a list if there's enough demand for it? I'm not sure if I would be able to get the other info you need other than the title name. I'd have to check some of my resources. Most of the action, shooters and RPGs I know, the rest I would have to check. Also the list would be hard to do cause I don't how many of the FM Town games work on the Marty. Some of them will say so on the case. Other will work but you have to test them out. I know of 1 game right now that doesn't on the Marty and without having a big library of games it's hard to know if it will work on the Marty. So how do you handle FM Town games that don't work on the Marty like Genocide2? Also what about FM Town games that work on a Marty but run kind of slow? What about some of the games with HD issues? There also is both a Marty 1 and a Marty 2 and I don't know what the difference between the 2 systems. Something that you could maybe consider is having a separate list for FM Town and having the Marty a separate list? Some of my games I just play on the UNZ emulator cause of some of these problems but there are separate issues and problems with playing stuff on UNZ.

Also did I miss it or do you not have a X68000 section? I know that system pretty well also.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel
    Sorry what is part nos?
    That means Part Numbers or if there is any numbering on the Box / Cd
    Bar code could help too.
    Scue Number is the digits under the Barcode [ the black striped thing that stores use to scan an item]