Thread: Really Bad PlayStation Games!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i actually LIKE terrible games (well, the ones with interesting aspects to their badness), but sometimes you run across games that make you go at what's going on... for example:

danger girl- a horny fanboy's dream does NOT a playable game make. this game makes any andy sedaris film look like return of the king. it does such a good job of thrusting polygon t & a in your face that it makes you immune to the real thing (well, that's what i've heard)...

steel harbinger- in the future, the world will be saved by a half-naked cyber babe who walks like her thong is too tight AND her heels too high to move, while enemies respawn on all sides and run in front of the occasional hostage that you have to save, causing you to shoot them both. well, at least a sequel wasn't made...

excalibur 2555 A.D.- the REALLY poor man's tomb raider. featuring perhaps the most unattractive female character ever in a ps game, klunky action sequences, and some really interesting voice acting that sounds like a bottle was passed around during the v.o. sessions. one of those games where if you don't pick up a certain item in a certain spot, you're screwed forever and have to restart from the beginning...

o.d.t.- sort of the cosmic twin to the fifth element. poor in every aspect, the game just feels so rushed that even when (or if) you get used to the twitchy action and platforming, you'll still run across enemies that make you want to stomp all over your ps one controller.

planet of the apes- the dc version was killed, but this snuck out and stunk up the cage something awful. not as awful as the remake, but when the best thing in the game is the title screen, you're in for a real "treat"...

psybadek- a futuristic snowboarding platformer (!) by psygnosis that i don't think i recall anyone ever finishing because of the mind-popping, goofy level design and pesky enemies.

largo winch- even the title is bad. it's a stealth/action game with no action or stealth that actually works very well, and yep, that's the main character's name (largo=big, i guess, so he's got a big winch? making this bad joke was the ONLY fun i had with this game)

sentient- great idea, really sloppy excecution. i'd actually like to see someone do this idea over with much better visuals and some actual reliable control scheme...

bug riders- ummmm... riiiight. break out the raid. a racer where you can only move forward, and turning requires whipping your ride like it's a leather-covered VW beetle with a bad transmission...

nightmare creatures 2- take an ok original game with repetitive gameplay and make it worse by turning it into an even more mindless button masher with no plot. the dreamcast version looks like it actually uses the playstation assests and adds texture smoothing and more filtering.

overblood- love the title screen/intro, techical stuff like the switchable camera angles and some of the gameplay ideas. but the monsters look stupid, the characters can't run worth a damn, and at one point you can click on and get killed by an armless, legless statue! the hysterical thing about that last part is in the much better sequel (overblood 2, which has nothing at all to do with the first game), there's a statue in that game as well as an in-joke to folks who fell for it in the first game. when you go to look at it, if you click on it, it falls and kills you as well!

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by geelw View Post
    overblood- love the title screen/intro, techical stuff like the switchable camera angles and some of the gameplay ideas. but the monsters look stupid, the characters can't run worth a damn, and at one point you can click on and get killed by an armless, legless statue! the hysterical thing about that last part is in the much better sequel (overblood 2, which has nothing at all to do with the first game), there's a statue in that game as well as an in-joke to folks who fell for it in the first game. when you go to look at it, if you click on it, it falls and kills you as well!

YOU DIDNT LIKE OVERBLOOD?!?!?!

*MIND EXPLOSION!!!*

ok seriously tho...almost none of the gameplay mechanics hold up today....fuck...they barely worked then, and the graphics and clunky controls were always BLEHHH

but can u seriously sit there, and tell me u didnt let out even a single tear drop or emotional scream to the heavens, when your trusty sidekick and personal robot, "pipo" died?!?!?

YOU HAVE NO FUCKING SOUL SIR....

the game did have a good story tho....but i can see why some people would lump this game in this category
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Insert Coin (Level 0) FireAce86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OmegaWeapon487
    PSN
    OmegaWeapon487

Some bad PSX games I've played:

San Francisco Rush (Which I actually like, lol. )

Fighting Force ( It is a shame this game is a PS1 Classic on PSN, where games such as GT2 or Tenchu, isn't up there ).

Jersey Devil
    Gray Fox: "Snake.. we're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in.. Snake... farewell."

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Sheep was pretty dumb, You control a version of BoPeep wearing dark eyeshadow and spiked bracelets and walk around the field yelling "hey!" to scare the sheep in the correct direction to solve puzzles. It's the only action you have. And it's top-down 2D graphics that look like they could have worked on some older platform of the time, like Super Nintendo. Totally corny, totally boring, and a waste of time and money to have.

So I sold it for like a nickel or something. I have no clue, it was just in a stack of games I had to trade in for store credit.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]