Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

SaGa Frontier made me want to stab myself in the face. The second one wasn't as bad...but...it was pretty "meh."

I also don't care for any of the Syphon Filters, after the original. Same with the Spyro series on the Playstation.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Ah, thanks Joe. Just love this topic. Now to pull just a few bad ones out of my more than 500 PSOne games......

A coupla stinkers for everyone

V.I.P.
    This is one of the worst games ever. You play as the different members of the V.I.P. detective agency. But they each can only do 1 thing. Pam beats people up with her Purse and you activate it by doing the D-pad in a pattern. One other character does a whole Hogans Alley thing. By and far one of the worst PSOne games EVAR!

The Mary-Kate & Ashley Trilogy
    Nuff Said.

More to come later...
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I picked up this PSX game I hadn't seen anyone mention yet cause I saw it in a rental store and it was a longbox game. It was Kileak: The DNA operative or something like that. Well, I could tell it was horrible but I picked it up anyways cause it was cheap and it is abyssmal. It's not even on the shelf with my other stuff. It's just thrown on the floor of the closet. Where I can't see it....and where it will stay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two words, Lone Soldier.
    All the way from the cover art to the back insert stating a Play magazine score of 92%, it truly is the biggest pile of fertilizer I have come across.

Found the front cover, just look at it:

http://jaltet.free.fr/PSX_L/LoneSoldier.jpg

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have TONS of crappy PSX games I didn't buy to play. I even have Hooters: Road Trip, V.I.P. and Irritating Stick. I've come close to buying Steel Harbinger many times and have the Saturn version of Criticom.

I don't think Hexen sucks. Actually, I have both the Saturn and PSX version. I just find the PSX one hard to control given the default controls, and the shitty controller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The demo for Titan AE was awfull. Let's be thankfull it wasn't made into a game.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worst. Playstation game. Ever.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Simpsons Wrestling. It may not be as bad as some of the games previously mentioned, but damn, what an awful game.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dragonball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
    Frogger

These two are about as much fun as being castrated with a dull spoon in a pit of scorpions while being forced to watch Dora the explorer. Mmyep.

Also, I didn't care much for crash bash. I don't think anyone but mario should be allowed to do a party game, as I'm still desperately trying to forget this and sonic shuffle.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worst I've played: Rascal

Up untill this POS, Travellers Tales actually made GOOD games.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    it does such a good job of thrusting polygon t & a in your face that it makes you immune to the real thing (well, that's what i've heard)...
    Mmmm blocky lego tits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Off the top of my head I'd Say:

Crypt Killer : A bad arcade game in turn makes a terrible playstation game. Bad graphics even for the time, as well as dull gameplay and other glaring faults. While most gun games have the inherant "white flash" across the screen when the trigger is pulled, in this came it seems to be particularly long, meaning that in a two player game the screen is whited out about half the time. If you're like me and masochistic enough to play through the first level or two, be prepared for a mean headache from the constant assault on your eyes.

Rise 2 Resurrection: Not as bad as the original, but still pretty damn bad. Was there really a big demand among all the hardcore Rise of the Robot fans out there that the developers thought it was necessary to make a sequal?

Any and all army men games: Who bought these games? Why are there so many? Who greenlighted the line of action figures this series spawned? I'd like to think this franchise died with 3DO, but I'm sure some other company will pick up the liscence and start pumping out more.
    My money's on Akklaim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two worst PS1 games I have:

Criticom-If the controls weren't so hard to figure out, this would almost be decent for an early PS1 game. The computer drains half of your life while you just sit there, wondering what to push.

Chess-Unless you are desperate to play chess and have nobody to play against, what's the point? There is nothing different about the PS1 version, and the computer beats you 99.9% of the time. (Although, to be fair, I also get beat 99.9% of the time while playing against a human. :P )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    Of course, no bad Playstation thread can go long without someone mentioning Bubsy 3D...or V.I.P.

Has anyone here played Fantastic Four? I've heard that's awful but never had the pleasure (pain) to play it myself...
    I own and have played Fantastic Four. The character animations and
    cutscenes are terrible- the controls are also pretty horrid. Cool concept
    but poor execution of a license.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default one

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolGamer
    Well I played, loved and finished both Driver games but yes the 2nd was mega hard. Anyway, I seem to recollect a horid PSX game called THE ONE or something similiar, if anyone can comment please help......
    I believe the game you are thinking of is called "One". At the beginning of the game you are running through this building with a helicopter shooting at you. You must jump over the concrete holes made by the missiles it launches. Then you are at the bottom of a hole and a whole bunch of guys attack you at once, so you use your "rage power" (or whatever) to mow 'em down. Then a spaceship type thingy suddenly appears in the hole and you have to keep jumping up on ledges to reach the top while it shoots at you (and knocking you back down to the bottom, or killing you, when it hits you). I gave up after this part.

The main problem here is that the camera can't keep up with what you are doing, so you are always jumping into places you shouldn't be jumping. And that hole is even harder to get out of than the ones in E.T.

The "rage" thing is kind of cool, but done better in other games (especially Sword of the Berzerk). Otherwise, it's total garbage. They should have called it "None" because that is how much fun you will have with the game.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidleeroth
    Two words, Lone Soldier.
    All the way from the cover art to the back insert stating a Play magazine score of 92%, it truly is the biggest pile of fertilizer I have come across.

Found the front cover, just look at it:

http://jaltet.free.fr/PSX_L/LoneSoldier.jpg
    heh heh heh... i have this one. that cover kinda looks like someone on the boards here, but only he and a few others know that...

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    Well, I picked up this PSX game I hadn't seen anyone mention yet cause I saw it in a rental store and it was a longbox game. It was Kileak: The DNA operative or something like that. Well, I could tell it was horrible but I picked it up anyways cause it was cheap and it is abyssmal. It's not even on the shelf with my other stuff. It's just thrown on the floor of the closet. Where I can't see it....and where it will stay.
    i'd have to disagree with you, but only because i've played all the genki mech games and like them a lot. i'll drop in a replacement bad game for you, however:

expendable- how do you port a dreamcast game to the ps one? not very well, as this game shows. not only does the graphical hit make the game painful to look at, the controls are so poorly translated as to render the game unplayable with the default setup.

another? ok:

spawn the eternal- i never thought mc farlane could draw all that well, and even though he had nothing to do with the programming, the game captures that same crappy feel as his distortion city artwork. worse still, is that mc farlane hasn't learned one bit, and has let his name and ego get attached to worse and worse projects...

one more:

darklight conflict- has anyone ever finished this game? it's got the touchiest control in a 3D space shooter ever, and it's entirely possible to finish a long ass mission but blow up your ship while landiing every single time you try. one of those "looks good, but don't you dare play it" games...

oh, yeah:

the crow: city of angels- worst (and i mean it) ps game. ever. unfinished, it is, and blows, it most certainly does. you'll want to don a black leather coat, put some shoe white on your face and go after the programmers. fantastic four is like metal gear solid compared to this one. i STILL think it's an incomplete, buggy beta after all these years... x_x

and yes, fantastic four is terrible. i usually keep my bad games, but jack kirby was spinning in his grave so loudly it kept me up, so i sold it off to some guy for way too much money a few years back...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Oh man, Killing Zone...

Even when I was 12 I knew Acclaim ment "Suck". I got the game for Christmas and immediately set it to the side so no one would open it and I could return it.

But Dad had to be "kind" enough to open it for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cardinal Syn ---absolutely a terrible game
    video games are good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Destruction Derby 2 is one game that sucks and makes me thinking about it.(i think i put this on another post, too)