Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Bad PlayStation Games!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a couple

Pong - Why do you have to have the whole field of play twisting back and forth. If you could of turned this off it might of been a descent game.

Rascal - You are in a small room with lava, with stones to jump around on,add a large dragon in the middle attacking you, then add a camera that wants to show you the walls. Enough said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Street Fighter: The Movie

talk about craptacular
    XD

Tail (Tale?) of the Sun was pretty bad as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have SF:TM and Rascal as well. I'll agree. But Pong, I have that and I don't think it's all that bad. It's Pong. 'Nuff said.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitely Criticom and Fantastic 4. Two waste of space games.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, how could I forget Street Fighter: The Movie?!

Don't forget the recent release of The Three Stooges and it's NES-quality graphics...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I can't Beleave nobody said that "2XTreme" sucked!
    (AAAH! MORGAN!)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925
    Destruction Derby 2 is one game that sucks and makes me thinking about it.(i think i put this on another post, too)
    Im kinda curious to hear the reasoning behind that position, as i thought it was a decent game

Add to the list of truly woeful games- China: The Forbidden City
    Good god that was a bad game. Think myst and riven except even duller and with worse loading times than a tape drive.

Oh and i too liked pong, even if the later levels werent as much fun as the lower ones and half the games werent even pong but it was still a good game and the paddles had those cool little dances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HELLBOY
    CRUSADERS OF MIGHT & MAGIC

The only games I ever bought at full price & sold back used in a few days.

I don't think Hexen is so bad.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics

Worst. Playstation game. Ever.
    Man! You beat me to it.....this game is a turd, thankfully my losses were only the price of a rental and about 1 hour play time....but I basically beat the game in my first sitting and talk about a "slap a license on a crappy engine" fighting game......ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    bug riders- ummmm... riiiight. break out the raid. a racer where you can only move forward, and turning requires whipping your ride like it's a leather-covered VW beetle with a bad transmission...
    Arrrrgghhhhh, you opened an old wound in my mind! You want to hear something sad, I worked for GT and had to help the QA department play test this "game" as if more testing would've somehow made the game good. Actually since I was paid to play it, its not so sad, but even with pay that was hard to do. x_x

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a few stinkers I've played and owned over the years:

Lucky Luke - I only played this once but the controls seem so damn stiff I don't think I stuck with it for more than 20 minutes.

Vs. - awful fighter with awful graphics and even worse box art.

Tobal #1 - another lame fighter

Kurt Warner's Arena Football Unleashed - I can't really say if the gameplay was bad because the graphics are so bad it's difficult to even see what's going on.

Fox Sports NHL Championship Hockey - I'm not sure if that's the exact title, it's the one with Mike Modano on the cover. This game blows. The gameplay is standard hockey fare but it's full of errors. The replays were not from the play that just happened. The score was not accurately recorded. total crap.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

I dunno. I didn't think Tobal #1 was that bad. No Virtua Fighter, but interesting ideas and playable.

There's some early FPS/Mech game I have. The name escapes me, but it's turd-tastic.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Syphon Filter games, a lot of people liked them, but I have always hated these games. One of the worst things about the games are the controls, even though I like the PS1 controller I had a hard time playing this game. Everything just seems to spastic/twitchy. Add in cheap deaths and lame AI, and what do you get? a MGS ripoff that sucks...

Twisted Metal 3, I love the TM series(I even liked 4 and Small Brawl). But I just can't find anything I like about this game(besides the music). Even after giving it many chances over the years. The new characters are lame, the arenas are VERY small(even compared to TM1), Plus the arenas are very rushed/poorly thought out(the second level is just a a big square arena on flat ground). Plus the "truphysics" that 989 was bragging about are complete crap! Your vehicles control like their on ice and they flip over on almost any surface that isn't flat. Plus the cool crashes of the first 2 games are now gone, you can ram a vehicle at full speed and neither of you will even take damage(well maybe just a very small amount)

Those are probably my most hated PS1 games. And whats even worse is that they should have been awesome!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness X
    The Syphon Filter games, a lot of people liked them, but I have always hated these games. One of the worst things about the games are the controls, even though I like the PS1 controller I had a hard time playing this game. Everything just seems to spastic/twitchy. Add in cheap deaths and lame AI, and what do you get? a MGS ripoff that sucks...
    But could you honestly call the Syphon Filter games BAD, in relation to junk like SCARS, Vanark, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire? There are some of well-regarded PSX games that I don't care for...Cool Boarders 2, Crash Bandicoot, and Final Fantasy Tactics to name a few...but I wouldn't call any of those games BAD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought Tobal #1 becuase most of the mags were ranting about how great it was fu@# that freakin game was and is total crap I played this game for like 20 minutes then preceded to the outside world were me and my best buddy used it as a new frisbee :P
    and yeah I didnt care for Final Fantasy tactics either so after owning the game for a whole 2 days I gave it to a friend that is a total FF nut she played it through like 3 times!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    [
    But could you honestly call the Syphon Filter games BAD, in relation to junk like SCARS, Vanark, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire?...
    now hold on, i say hold on there ( )- any game that references gerry anderson AND starfox on the same disc has got to be played 'til the end. vanark was cool in it's own way, but too many people took it the wrong way, like it was supposed to be colony wars or something. think of it as a pilot episode to a late 60's or 70's sci-fi show, and it's not junk at all. you have to admit, bit town really did some cool visual tricks with the ps hardware, as well. hell, maybe they should have left the shower scene from the import version in, just so the folks who groove on that sort of thing would have snapped this up...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's real simple.
    95-99% of the psx library reeks of utter suckitude...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    [
    But could you honestly call the Syphon Filter games BAD, in relation to junk like SCARS, Vanark, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire?...
    now hold on, i say hold on there ( )- any game that references gerry anderson AND starfox on the same disc has got to be played 'til the end. vanark was cool in it's own way, but too many people took it the wrong way, like it was supposed to be colony wars or something. think of it as a pilot episode to a late 60's or 70's sci-fi show, and it's not junk at all. you have to admit, bit town really did some cool visual tricks with the ps hardware, as well. hell, maybe they should have left the shower scene from the import version in, just so the folks who groove on that sort of thing would have snapped this up...
    Yeah, I guess Vanark wasn't a particularly good example of a horrible Playstation game...it was just one of the first games that popped into my head as a bad one. My take on the game is this:

-the game is 1/4 shooter, 3/4 3rd person exploration
    -the shooter part is decent, with cool graphics, but too derivative of Star Fox 64 and WAYYY too short
    -the 3rd person exploration part is totally unnecessary and uses up a majority of the play time. It reminds me of the worst parts of the Resident Evil games, where you have already killed all the monsters and are just wandering around figuring out what to do next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another game that deserves to be mentioned is Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker. Acclaim did some pretty bad stuff with the Batman license, but they have nothing on the horror Ubisoft created.

IGN wrote a witty review of the game that explains how awful this turd truly is:

Link
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 01-27-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EDIT: Posting fail.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 08-21-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EDIT: Posting fail.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 08-21-2012 at 08:07 AM.