Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Really Bad PlayStation Games!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SaGa Frontier is one of the worst games I love. I don't know why. I just do. It could have been a really good game with just a couple more months of development.

Now, for out-and-out, not even marginally enjoyable bad, I've gotta nominate Beyond the Beyond. Ugh.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    CRUSADERS OF MIGHT & MAGIC
    Haha, I rented that once.

"Hmm. A person. I wonder how to talk to him? Probably the same button I use to attack."

*Schwing*

"Nope, that makes me attack him. He doesn't seem to like that."

*die*

"Well, crap."

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default make yourself some cash

despite what you guys say:

i'd like copies of:

vs.
    killing zone
    kileak
    beyond the beyond
    crow: city of angels
    deathtrap dungeon

with the manuals and all. i could easily save from paying shipping when most of these are loose in eb for a few bucks.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, now. I kind of like The Unholy War. Not that it's classic or anything. But it's kinda like 3D Archon, and I liked Archon a lot.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How about that recent Hellboy game?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dahne
    Now, for out-and-out, not even marginally enjoyable bad, I've gotta nominate Beyond the Beyond. Ugh.
    The Motoi Sakuraba soundtrack and the Shining Force style portraits and text alone are enough to make Beyond the Beyond marginally enjoyable. :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to question the inclusion of Eternal Eyes. I played that game through to the end, and while it was nothing spectacular, it at least was playable. I will however, second Iron & Blood, a game that was given to me against my will. I'll also add WWF Warzone, a most terrible wrestling game which I got for free from a local Blockbuster with a game rental. They had crates of them, and most people were refusing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aquanaut's Holiday. Yes, I know it was supposed to be different. Different doesn't have to mean "not fun," does it?
    -Mark

Wanted: Activision Patches - PM me.
    Wanted: Popful Mail Case/Manual - PM me.

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: one

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolGamer
    Well I played, loved and finished both Driver games but yes the 2nd was mega hard. Anyway, I seem to recollect a horid PSX game called THE ONE or something similiar, if anyone can comment please help......
    I believe the game you are thinking of is called "One". At the beginning of the game you are running through this building with a helicopter shooting at you. You must jump over the concrete holes made by the missiles it launches. Then you are at the bottom of a hole and a whole bunch of guys attack you at once, so you use your "rage power" (or whatever) to mow 'em down. Then a spaceship type thingy suddenly appears in the hole and you have to keep jumping up on ledges to reach the top while it shoots at you (and knocking you back down to the bottom, or killing you, when it hits you). I gave up after this part.

The main problem here is that the camera can't keep up with what you are doing, so you are always jumping into places you shouldn't be jumping. And that hole is even harder to get out of than the ones in E.T.

The "rage" thing is kind of cool, but done better in other games (especially Sword of the Berzerk). Otherwise, it's total garbage. They should have called it "None" because that is how much fun you will have with the game.
    I completely disagree with this assessment. I think One is one of the best games in the PSX's library. No, the camera isn't perfect, but that's true of most games from that era. It's a challenging game, but not impossible by any means. I had a blast with it, and it was one of the biggest hits at my college when it first came out. Awesome graphics (for its time, but they still hold up well today) and fun gameplay. I loved this game then and still enjoy it now.
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The whole Spec Ops line for the Playstation was down right horrid. And yet, it was always on the charts for best selling game in a lot of magazines.

My Collection:
    users.ign.com/collection/fc3sRX7gxl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Dahne
    SaGa Frontier is one of the worst games I love. I don't know why. I just do. It could have been a really good game with just a couple more months of development.

YES. I hated beyond the beyond.

Back when I started playing rpgs on the playstation, my friend jason dumped a bunch on me, including that. I think I got an hour in before realizing I wouldn't give a shit about anything in this game, and promptly threw it back at him.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

every baseball game made for the system
    I really hate it when someone does this...lists an entire genre or series for the worst or the best. True, there are some real stinkers for the system when it comes to baseball games (I still shudder when I think of the system's first baseball title) but there also some good ones. I liked the Triple Play series despite a few flaws and the MLB series isn't bad either.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have to second 'city of lost children'...

as for 2Xtreme? i found one on the roof of a garage once. as if someone opened their window and flung it frisbee style...i took it home...shouldntve.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My vote is for Kileak: The DNA Operative. This game just plain BLEW. I bought it for 3 bucks at a video rental store because it was a longbox game and it disgusted me so much I actually traded it in for 5 at gamezone. What ticks me off even more now that I think about it is the fact that I have to buy it again when I go for a longbox collecton......DAMN.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's one that most won't agree with. Star Ocean : The Second Story. I'm sorry, but I hate any game where you have to cook shit to create new health items. Not to mention the fact that this is one of those rare games where you could combine items to create.... JUNK! That's right, the item that you just created is litterally labeled junk. I swear to God, this is the only RPG I have ever played where the micro-management was more intense than the gameplay.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone said Independence Day?
    So bad everyone repressed the memory of playing this one huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    The Mummy - You know a game is bad when they attempt to make a seamless transition from the movie clips to the game but as soon as the dialogue from the movie ends and the game voice acting kicks in it's an entirely different voice. o_O Not to mention they TOTALLY screwed up the character faces. It's as if they took a photo of the actor but they weren't capable of wrapping the image around his polygonal head, so he ends up with a flat face the width of a platter.

Tomb Raider 3 - Here's my experience with it: I kept slowly sliding down a cliff into spikes and dying. My boyfriend's little sister figured out how to get past the spikes, she killed a monkey at the bottom, got lost, and then we turned off the game.
    They suck, Don't they?

Anyway, I have a new one to add:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - It sucks, 'nuff said.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DARKRYSTAL
    Here's one that most won't agree with. Star Ocean : The Second Story. I'm sorry, but I hate any game where you have to cook shit to create new health items. Not to mention the fact that this is one of those rare games where you could combine items to create.... JUNK! That's right, the item that you just created is litterally labeled junk. I swear to God, this is the only RPG I have ever played where the micro-management was more intense than the gameplay.
    You know, you could play through the whole game without doing pretty much anything with item creation. O_o You can buy all the healing items, weapons, and armor you need at shops, just like in any normal RPG. The item creation system is actually pretty simplistic once you figure it out. There's a song you can play that makes you nearly 100% successful at creating items while it's playing. Anyway, Star Ocean: Blue Sphere did item creation better (turning each item creation ability into a fun little mini-game where you have complete control over your own success). At the very least, Star Ocean 2 did item creation better than Star Ocean 3 where you just have to sit a long ass time as a bar fills up to see if the game will be kind enough to randomly succeed, all the while it's draining tons of your cash. And if that wasn't bad enough, the cost determines what item you can potentially get, yet the game doesn't manually let you set the cost. Instead you gotta keep pressing the cost button over and over as the game randomly selects cost amounts until you get one you want.

Peach (Level 3) ghostangelofcky's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my vote is for all the Discworld games, poor Eric Idle, him and Mark Hammil, we should start a charity to raise money for the both of them, they seem to need the cash

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Tune
    SaGa Frontier made me want to stab myself in the face. The second one wasn't as bad...but...it was pretty "meh."
    SaGa Frontier's the first one that came to mind for me too. I was a Square whore (and still am for the most part), and blindly bought nearly everything they released at the time. This is the game that shook my confidence in the company and made me determined to learn about their releases before buying in the future.