Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Really Bad PlayStation Games!

In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown... (Woodstock, IL)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    Hey, now. I kind of like The Unholy War. Not that it's classic or anything. But it's kinda like 3D Archon, and I liked Archon a lot.
    I agree... I like this one as well...

MY vote goes to both of the Sesame Street Elmo Games. I know what you're thinking... It's a kids game... right? Well, that's not why they're so bad... it's the controls... They are soooooooo sluggish.... it's literally a pain to control Elmo's vehicle to fulfil your objectives... and you would think control should be GREAT in a kids game... My daughter got so frustrated with it that she has yet to want to play another video game... That's what makes it a bad game!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper II?
    View my collection here:
    http://users.ign.com/collection/markm2112
    http://www.gamespot.com/user/collect...user=MarkM2112

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM2112
    Hey, now. I kind of like The Unholy War. Not that it's classic or anything. But it's kinda like 3D Archon, and I liked Archon a lot.

MY vote goes to both of the Sesame Street Elmo Games. I know what you're thinking... It's a kids game... right? Well, that's not why they're so bad... it's the controls... They are soooooooo sluggish.... it's literally a pain to control Elmo's vehicle to fulfil your objectives... and you would think control should be GREAT in a kids game... My daughter got so frustrated with it that she has yet to want to play another video game... That's what makes it a bad game!
    Go for the N64 versions they are much better. Even though my 4 yo could care less he can't steer anything anyway. Same with the teletubbies PS1 game.

As for the teletubbies it is a bit of a mystery. Since by the time a kid like my 8 or 7 yo can figure it out they are not into those tubbies anymore.

Hooters Road Trip plays so much better after a six pack I swear it starts to control better. And just the irritation factor it causes my wife in itself is amusing

I thing the worst I have ever played is Grid Runner. But that was years ago. Maybe I should try it again.

VJ

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM2112

thanks for the warning mate.
    my daughter is into Elmo as well and I've been thinking of getting this one... but somthing about it shout "crap!" and now I know why... he he

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My God.

Spice World. *vomit*

I rented it at Blockbuster, because at the time, I found the Spice Girls to be so bad that they were amusing. I even went to see the movie with a friend and got a good yuck. However, the "game"... if you can even call it a game... is SO bad... you cannot get any kind of twisted enjoyment out of it. Even if you love to play bad things, this will still be too bad of a game to play.

It's one of those games where you make a music video. I know Britney Spears did a game like that, I think. Except you don't DO anything. You take ten minutes, put together a shitty video with pointless dance steps, and then you're done. There's no goal. There's no reward. There's no challenge. There's not even any creativity involved, like a Mario Paint or some such.

My mind felt... numb afterwards. Probably the only time I voluntarily took a game back to Blockbuster days early.

Also, I like Saga Frontier. I don't consider it a terrible game at all. As for Star Ocean: TSS, well... it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Luckily, those are the only two games in this thread that I like and have been blasted. The rest really are just crap and I agree.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember quite a few years ago I played the worst game Ive ever played, It was called 4-4-2 Soccer, on PSX, I swear the graphics were like NES or SNES quality. When you scored a goal, no celebrations would happen, it was unbelievable crap. I cant even find any pics/info on the game using Google. Anyway just wondering if anyone can remember this HORRIBLE game, if you think its the worst game ever and maybe post a pic so I can relive the horror.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ernster
    I remember quite a few years ago I played the worst game Ive ever played, It was called 4-4-2 Soccer, on PSX, I swear the graphics were like NES or SNES quality. .... maybe post a pic so I can relive the horror.

Boo!

Actually, there is very little to be found on this game. The DP Rarity guide has a "placeholder" entry for it, but no real info. It was a PAL release only by Virgin games. The photo I found was from some UK store still selling them.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Floating Runner. I was psyched for the flat shaded, simple polygon graphics (don't mind me, I like that sort of thing) and found an unplayble mess. Probably the worst PSX game I still own.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Broken Helix.

Horrible graphics, sloppy controls, uneven mesh of gameplay options, and a general feel of crappiness.

It had the voice of Bruce Campbell, though...!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Contra LOW worst in the serise ever [/b]

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm going to pretend i didn't see tobal no. 1 and trap gunner anywhere on this list.

as an earlier post in this thread stated, i still want half of these games. anyone feel like trading or donating? <3

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Because I don't keep anything I don't like, my collection has always been small compared to the serious folks. Here are some I've weeded out over time.

ODT: You can play as an archbishop, but it's not enough to overcome to nasty difficulty and killer camera.

MDK: I just couldn't enjoy it. It runs smooth and all, but the GFX just look off. It wasn't fully prerendered, but still, something about didn't seem right.

Wild 9: Now this wasn't actually too bad, it had some real fun bits, but also mindless repitition too, especially with freefall and chase levels.

Apocalype: Bruce Willis was in it? So what. I did kind of enjoy the storyline, but the run everywhere shoot everything formula isn't great. Oh the controls were OK, very Robotrek 2084 esque.

I'm glad I never got a chance to taste the horrors of Bubsy 3D and the like.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

DBZ Ultimate Battle 22:

http://www.digitpress.com/reviews/dragonballz22.htm

Just wow. The sad thing is, a DBZ fanboy may actually like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

-MTV Celebrity Deathmatch. Snooze-fest and-a-half.

-Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 and Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout. The only reason I own them is because I've liked Dragon Ball since '87 and am a collector. These games are abysmal even by the standards of the year they were released.

And I, for one, think they should do a next-gen Battle Arena Toshinden with a revamped fighting system and redesigned characters.
    Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games

Insert Coin (Level 0) ZeetherKID77's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2Xtreme. Waste of money and time; the graphics suck, I can't do tricks, cheesy music, the works. I never play it anymore.
    He tried to kill me with a forklift.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe I mentioned the first baseball game for the PS1 earlier (Bases Loaded: Double-Header or some such title) in which the players looked like mannequins. Another bad one was the first Hardball on the system. Al Michaels did the play-by-play but they decided to work it so he could comment on the game on the fly so the game searches for the right stats and whatever and it is just awful sounding with all the pauses and everything. Gameplay's not so hot either. And I'm sure someone's mentioned Sammy Sosa's Softball Slam. It's so reeeeeeeaallllllllllll...

One of these days I'm going to pull out all the bad PS1 games in my collection, stick 'em all up on Ebay in one big auction and see who bites...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have another one to add: All Star Racing.

Advantages:
    -It's easy to pick a car and course and start racing.
    -Don't have a memory card? No problem.

Disadvantages: Everything else. This game reminded me of GT64 on the N64 - bad sound, controls that leave much to be desired, and not much to go back for. All you do is race, and once you finish, the game's over regardless of where you place. A tournament mode and the ability to race any car on any of the tracks would have made the game a little better. Of course, for a tournament mode, the game would need a save function, which is nonexistent.

With so many stellar racing titles available on the system for around the same price, this is hardly worth looking at.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 05-16-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blasto! Yuck...what a horrible game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    KingOfPain95

Beyblade-This game Sucks A**,the one for Gamecube is Such better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm surprised people hate "ONE"; that's definitely one of my faves on the system. My buddy and I used to play that alot - very arcade-y and great fun.

I loathed Critical Depth. Twisted Metal with submarines -- great idea, right? Shit controls, shit camera. What a waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Eh, I liked Wild 9, if only because you could utilise your gravity gun (or whatever) and turn enemies into platforms to get over spike pits.

One game I hated (or at least, hated the demo of) was Live Wire, which involved drawing lines around squares and converting them to your colour. Not only could you only see 2% of the play area at any one time, but the computer would routinely deploy it's arse-banging power-ups right at the end and nick victory. I never tried it multiplayer for the whole 'can't see shit' reason and it's been bottom of my Playstation list for, well, ever.