Thread: New Retro GBA SP TV Advert

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Retro GBA SP TV Advert

I just saw it on TV and it's really cool. Trying to find it online and I am having no luck... anyone?

Its the commercial with the kid sitting on the car with that 80's song that I know but dont know the name...

move out, dont mess around! Move out, ya bring me dooooown... you know THAT song....

Help!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: New Retro GBA SP TV Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    I just saw it on TV and it's really cool. Trying to find it online and I am having no luck... anyone?

Its the commercial with the kid sitting on the car with that 80's song that I know but dont know the name...

move out, dont mess around! Move out, ya bring me dooooown... you know THAT song....

Help!
    "Situation" Yaz (known as Yazoo in the UK).

Vince Clarke is on keyboard. He was one of the founding members of Depeche Mode and formed Erasure with Andy Bell a couple years after the demise of Yaz.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Vince Clarke had a whole bunch of garbage before he started Erasure, too, didn't he? DM was way better off without him. Everything he wrote on Speak and Spell is an abomination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread's supposed to be about the commercial, not the music in it!

Though, while we're at it. What's the song from the Mario vs. Donkey Kong commercial? As well as the other generic GBA commercial. THOSE two I don't know.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes! someone got the link. Thanks!

This is my favorite Nintendo commercial from the new campaign.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell
    Vince Clarke had a whole bunch of garbage before he started Erasure, too, didn't he? DM was way better off without him. Everything he wrote on Speak and Spell is an abomination.
    Yes he did. He had a project called Assembly which released "Never, Never" and he also did a single with Paul Quin, "One Day". Breifly, he had a record, RESET RECORDS which was just terrible. To some degree I agree with you regarding DM. I bet he is trying to forget he wrote "What's Your Name".

I recently heard Goldfrapp's "Train" in a different Nintendo commercial. Someone at Nintendo must be a fan of Mute Records

I have yet to see the commercial and the quicktime movie won't work. Is it playing on any cable channels?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Yeah, I saw it on Spike TV last night. It's allright, not the bets one I've seen. Why not plug the Classic NES GBA SP at the same time?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Posted: Tue 08 Jun, 2004 5:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graham Mitchell wrote:

Yes he did. He had a project called Assembly which released "Never, Never" and he also did a single with Paul Quin, "One Day". Breifly, he had a record, RESET RECORDS which was just terrible. To some degree I agree with you regarding DM. I bet he is trying to forget he wrote "What's Your Name".

I recently heard Goldfrapp's "Train" in a different Nintendo commercial. Someone at Nintendo must be a fan of Mute Records

I have yet to see the commercial and the quicktime movie won't work. Is it playing on any cable channels?
    Unfortunately, I think Martin Gore wrote "Boys Say Go!". Sorry, Speak and Spell comes up for discussion and I gotta make fun of that song's name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit
    P-R-E DOUBLE-T-Y!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar
    Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit
    P-R-E DOUBLE-T-Y!

Heh. That was never really one of Vince Clarke's best songs. I think Speak & Spell was an alright debut for Depeche Mode, but it could have done without "What's Your Name", "I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead", and "Nodisco". But Clarke's stuff with Yaz and Erasure is pretty good, though.

And yes, I know I'm off-topic here.
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the link to the website. I am wanting to see the GBA classic commercial on tv too. I ALWAYS see the Mario vs DK, but NEVER the classic. WHY NOT!!