Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Worst of Super Nintendo (SNES)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Adventures of Mighty Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeetherKID77
    Bebe's Kids, and any game by Raya Systems. Never played them, never even will.
    How do you know they're the worst games on the system if you've never played them?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone up above said that the worst game was Captain America and the Avengers. Am I the only person that actually likes that game!?

The worst SNES game for me is the hilariously awful Shaq-Fu. Any game where Shaq travels to another dimension to save a kingdom from a mummy is bad. controls, attacks, it all reaks. When Shaq is about to fight this guy named Lavos, Lavos says something like:

"I will destroy you!"

and Shaq says:

"Ha Ha your name is Lavos!"

...well said.[/quote]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mortal kombat, Mortal kombat 2, mortal kombat 3, ultimate mortal kombat 3, I hate mortal kombat!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heres a couple Chode SNES Games :

Bill LAME Beers Combat Basketball
    Drakkhen
    & many of the early shooters that suffered badly from slowdown and flicker until Nintendo figured out what they were doing. Sega Genesis Sports Games & Shooters kicked Super Nintendo's ass badly early on. Mike : )
    Video Game Connection
    ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO Wii
    Ebay User ID : vgc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shaq Fu
    Bebe's Kids
    Rise of the Robots
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day (the sidescroller, not the arcade game)
    Pit Fighter

And many more that I can't think of right now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate Super Double Dragon. Slow and boring gameplay.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Space Ace and RPM Racing are the worst of what I've played. Awful, awful, awful.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're too stupid to figure out how to work with the AI in Secret of Mana, then you shouldn't be playing videogames, white trash. Take some Ritalin and learn that sometimes you need to devote an eye to objects other than the player character on the screen.

I played it for about half the quest (which is saying a lot - RPGs generally lose my interest quickly) and never once had a problem with the NPCs. If worst comes to worst, hit the select button a couple of times and everything's fine. I'm not THAT bright, people - I think there's just a bunch of dumb speedmonkeys in the world.

Anyway, that said... ignoring the instances where people didn't like a game and called it the worst ever - hey, not to cause anyone to shit themselves, but learn to think, kthx - this is a pretty good list. I'll step in to defend RPM Racing - it had the best create-a-track option of any racing game I can think of, and was a precessor to the all out aural assault of Rock n' Roll Racing. I still prefer the SNES "remix" of Born to be Wild to the original Steppenwolf. Anyway.

Of course, it needs to have Power Piggs of the Dark Crusade - or whatever the name of that game is - added. Never in my life have I been so depressed by a muddy looking side scroller. Ever. Except perhaps the soulless awfulness of the NES's "Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt".

Drakken as well - depressing depressing depressing. Just depressing. Oh so depressing.

The FX-chip games were a trio of bad, though I tried to like Star Fox so I'd fit in with the invisible people in Nintendo Power - yeah, I was pathetic. Stunt Race FX was hyped to hell and ended up playing like a slow, clunky clone of Race Drivin'. Vortex was just confusing. Star Fox... haven't played it in years. I do remember the NPC's said things, and that was pretty cool for its time.

The NHL games - specifically 95 and 96 - were pretty awful. 95 wasn't THAT bad until my brother and I got to the point where we could fake the hell out of the goalies and score 20 goals in a game. I remember a lot of messed up bugs in that one - like pucks that would shoot off in the crowd and never be whistled dead. NHL 96, on the other hand, just sucked.

NHL Stanley Cup wasn't great. That's sorta like saying that Atari 2600 graphics aren't new, or that Battlecruiser 3000: AD had some bugs. About the only cool thing about it - NHL Stanley Cup - was that the ice deformed over time, and it wasn't done all halfassed like the EA games I've played (every minute, the bitmap of the ice gets a little bit more scratched, even if nobody's been on the far side of the rink since the last "update").

Kyle Petty's No Fear Racing was abominable.

The second Ken Griffey game was all hype, no gameplay.

Bill Lambideer's Combat Basketball was OUTSTANDING. Oh hey look it's Bruce LEE. He says that the Power Glove was BAD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're too stupid to figure out how to work with the AI in Secret of Mana, then you shouldn't be playing videogames, white trash. Take some Ritalin and learn that sometimes you need to devote an eye to objects other than the player character on the screen.
    What the hell?!

Why do we have ANYONE around that is CONTINUALLY and repeatedly spouting shit like this to our other members?!?

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ulala
    Quote Originally Posted by emumuumuucowgomoo
    What the hell?!

Why do we have ANYONE around that is CONTINUALLY and repeatedly spouting shit like this to our other members?!?
    'Cause we need to know how worthless and stupid we are for attempting to waste our sad, pathetic lives playing videogames.

Duh.

emumuumuu, if you wanna take that tone with everyone here, pretty much all the time, take it elsewhere okay? We know we're stupid. We don't need your exceptionally brilliant mind constantly pointing it out in every other thread. It's boring already. And it's quite enough.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tecmo: Secret of the Stars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Pit Fighter

nuff said
    I second that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

SWAT Kats was pretty terrible.

Mario Kart has not aged well. In fact having always had enough people to do 4 man MK64, the original's flat tracks and 2 player only mode makes it pale in comparison to what came later.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

[quote="Graham Mitchell"]
    Drakhen
    Lagoon
    Vilgust

*shudders*
    I should have known somebody would slam poor Drakkhen. I think Drakkhen is a great game...it was the reason I bought a Super Nintendo, considering that at the time its only competition was the 3 launch titles and Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball.

Drakkhen is really creepy, and that's its greatest feature. The gameplay is decent, especially for the time. The atmospheres it creates using lighting and music/sounds is quite convincing. One would appreciate this game more if they treated it like watching a movie or listening to a record.

^^ I wouldn't say it's AWESOME but I did like Drakkhen too. Too bad we were the only two people who did

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario Kart - really, really crappy compared to Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash. It just hasn't aged well over time, unlike other SNES classics like Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat (it was always best on the SNES), Donkey Kong Country, et cetera.

Any sports game, or wrestling game - they all are complete garbage. I hate buying SNES lots and ending up with these turds, they just waste space.

Cliffhanger - the shittyness of this game makes me FURIOUS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    Super Mario Kart - really, really crappy compared to Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash.
    You, sir, have lost your mind. SMK was a Top 10 on any SNES list then, and it's a Top 10 on any SNES list now. Oh, and it's much better than it's two rehashes.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I like all of the SMK games, though I liked Fzero much better back in the day. SNES SMK It does look kind of strange if you haven't played it for many years and suddenly see it again.....
    but it's not that big a deal IMO.

Secret of Mana is much better with two people, but in general it is quite a nice game.

Star Fox? It's OK. Not great, but what's so horrible about it?

Drakkhen wasn't completely horrible, though I'm not a fan either.

It seems like people are trying more to attack games that they feel are overrated than to actually think of games that were truly horrible.

It may have taken me a while to stop making (semi-)wild statements to start goofy arguments, but I'm better now.

For instance, I personally am not huge on Axelay, but it isn't bad. I just wasn't impressed is all.

There sometimes seems to be a kind of peculiar thing (someone touched on this earlier) where a person will either really like the SNES version of something almost to the exclusion of the N64 version, or vice versa.

I don't get quite that extreme with it, but I'll admit I tend to a relatively strong preference for one game or another in NIntendo series (as well as many other developers series).

For instance, I always preferred SNES Pilotwings and N64 SMK, and even though it's more similar in style to my favorite Zelda (the first one) I didn't like LTTP as much as OOT.

It ends up extending to other series as well. It seems kind of silly though to argue about the better revs of a decent series in a thread supposedly about unplayable junk games.

I may not be a huge fan of FF3/6JP, but why start an argument about it, especially about something that is popular and isn't a remotely bad game in the the first place.

As far as awful games on SNES, it may be technically playable, but the SNES version of Mortal Kombat was really damn sad.

It's kind of hard because I have typically been able to avoid most of the crap games......

Hmmmmm, Clayfighter was pretty damn sad, and the godawful butchered port of FInal Fight really ticked me off back then, though ti wan't unplayable.

Don't want to get started on overrated SNES games, now that would be a a crazy thread...... and it seems to be what many folks were doing in this one. Should be a separate thread though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario's Time Machine was pretty bad. Maybe I just wasn't good at history when I played it (I was 8?) but I kept going to that damn surfing level. Mario is Missing was entertaining though.

Dream TV, while not the worst, is just a blurry of confusion without the booklet. I have the game loose and I have no idea what the hell to do at certain points.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Street Combat. According to DP's guide, this was originally supposed to be a Ranma 1/2 game. I do not see any resemblance, plus this game sucks.