Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Worst of Super Nintendo (SNES)

Insert Coin (Level 0) chuckwalla's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mostly slow games, small controllers and buttons, and basically an overall kiddie-geared game system. I still keep my SNES (for my annual 15 minutes of Super Mario World until my fingers cramp up ).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    Super Mario Kart - really, really crappy compared to Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash.
    You, sir, have lost your mind. SMK was a Top 10 on any SNES list then, and it's a Top 10 on any SNES list now. Oh, and it's much better than it's two rehashes.
    Well, you can keep your Super Mario Kart, with its pixely graphics, slow framerate, D-PAD CONTROL for a racing game...in the meantime, I'll be enjoying my shiny Mario Kart: Double Dash, with a smooth 60 frames per second, pleasant feel, and analong control. Oh, and enjoy having only half the screen viewable because the other half is a map...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

SMK's gameplay is better due to its higher, but strangely enough also fairer challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Super Mario Kart - really, really crappy compared to Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash.
    You, sir, have lost your mind. SMK was a Top 10 on any SNES list then, and it's a Top 10 on any SNES list now. Oh, and it's much better than it's two rehashes.
    Well, you can keep your Super Mario Kart, with its pixely graphics, slow framerate, D-PAD CONTROL for a racing game...in the meantime, I'll be enjoying my shiny Mario Kart: Double Dash, with a smooth 60 frames per second, pleasant feel, and analong control. Oh, and enjoy having only half the screen viewable because the other half is a map...
    You could make that same argument to say all newer games are better than old games.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The worst SNES game I ever played was Timecop.
    Rented it, cried.

Play it, you'll see what I mean.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitly The Mask. The controls feel tight, and it's all around crappy. I played about five minutes, never to touch it again

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Revolution-X anyone?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pink Goes to Hollywood and SWAT Kats.

other then those two, I honestly can not remember any terrible SNES games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i havent played every SNES game but i have played many

my vote curently goes for Pit fighter
    this game is worse than be bee's kids or rise of the robots combined

if slapstick was real, vomit would be continuosly poured on you as you played pit fighter

i have never played capitain novolin - i have to get it now and try it
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to say Donkey Kong Country. While it was a pretty game it was just to easy. I got ahold of DKC2 and DKC3, I didn't finish playin 2 because I was blazing through it faster than I was the first and as for the third one I never even picked it up.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Quote Originally Posted by QBert
    Quote Originally Posted by le geek
    Super Mario Kart - Having played the N64 version first, the graphics are dated and confusing...

Ben
    Im going to have to say BAH? here.
    Of course the graphics are going to be dated compared to a NEWER SYSTEM.
    Yeah, Super Mario Kart is EXCELLENT still to this day. "Dated" graphics or not, it's still one of the best examples of pure all out fun you have have with a friend.

nah, i agree with with le geek, mario kart was baaaaaad. i too played the n64 version first, and after that, watching/playing the snes game is like trying to pick up shard of glass with your anus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Such a discussion cannot be complete without someone mentioning Bram Stoker's DRACULA. While not the worst of the worst, oh man talk about a BAD game. Horrible slippery feel, dumb looking enemies, horrible sound effects, enemies that respawn if EVEN SLIGHTLY "move out move back in picture" -- I mean, Megaman was tolerable, Dracula's enemy respawning is a JOKE.

And I might be the only DP member who enjoys Brandish. I'm having a good time with it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to defend Micro Machines. That was a fun game that I feel was very creative.

On that note, I nominate Super Off Road. I bought this game just based on how much I liked Super Off Road for the NES. This game was truly bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Add:

Battle Blaze (OMG totally craptastic)
    Captain America & The Avengers (and I wanted so badly to like this one...)

Realm is pretty disappointing and pretty damn close to walking the line, but I think it's got enough decent points to avoid tossing it in the rubbish pile, where true garbage like Pit Fighter and Battle Blaze resides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My list of worst games for Super NES.

- Fatal Fury: Poor conversion of this Neo Geo game.
    The problems of this game:
    *No 2-plan system and no cut scences presented in the original Neo Geo and Mega Drive / Genesis versions.
    *Enemiesīs control is exclusive for 2nd player. He can plays with Geese Howard, for exemple and the 1st player controls Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi only.
    *Horrible soundtrack. It isnīt admited in the Super NES. His sound system is better than Mega Drive / Genesis.

- Pit Fighter: Poor conversion of this Arcade game.
    The abstence of any fighters of the original game and use limited for special attacks.
    Iīd preffer the Arcade and Mega Drive / Genesis versions.

- Mortal Kombat: Graphics similar to the Arcade, but it isnīt have blood or violent fatalities, for exemple the Sub Zeroīs Chiropractor Nightmare, ausence of Arcade endings and playability inferior to the Arcade version.

- Captain Commando: Other poor conversion of the Arcade game.
    This game had the abstence of blood, slaughtering and toasting enemies and the robots.

- The Peace Keppers ( Rushing Beat Syura in Japan ): Iīd like the Rival Turf ( Rushing Beat in Japan ) and Brawl Brothers ( Rushing Beat Ran in Japan ).
    But this game is the worst of this serie.
    The enemies are little and more weak for Beat em up fans likes me.

- Hurricanes: The worst soccer players in the world.
    This cartoon is showed in my country: Brazil in 1997 and 1998. The soccerīs country and birthplace of soccer players likes Pelé, Zico, Romário, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Ronaldinho Gaúcho for exemple.
    But i didnīt like the Hurricanes and it isnīt made sucess in my country.
    In subject of soccer animation iīd prefer Captain Tsubasa.
    My opinion of Super NES game: I havenīt play this game, but is based in the horrible cartoon, this game is automatically indeed in my Super NES worst games list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by B - Mark
    - Captain Commando: Other poor conversion of the Arcade game.
    This game had the abstence of blood, slaughtering and toasting enemies and the robots.
    you certainly are entitled to your opinion but in my book NO WAY IN HELL CC comes anywhere near the worst of the SNES discussion heap.

CC, while maybe disappointing in more than a few years, is still a pretty adequate beat em up. In fact, I rate it anywhere from a 6 to 7 out of 10... certainly playable and enjoyable. Coulda been better, yes.

Among the worst the SNES has to offer? No way.

And Hurricanes... you admit never playing it, but you think just because the cartoon sucks the game sucks. That is ridiculous, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

Default SNES

I personally feel that Bill Lambeers combat basketball is the worst game for that system. I love the good games for SNES but they did make alot of crappy games too (and i mean alot).
    They wernt terrible but the replay value stunk!
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently discovered how awful Ballz is. Worst (and corniest) fighting game I've ever played.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    I recently discovered how awful Ballz is. Worst (and corniest) fighting game I've ever played.
    I actually enjoy that game but it don't think it would've been worth the $50 when it came out.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are too many people nominating games that aren't bad, Come On Donkey Kong Country? Battletoads? and many others especially SOM and SMK, if you don't like them personally don't say they are the worst on the system. I'm guessing that people who nominated those games haven't played too much of the SNES library before if that's all you can come up with. IMO the only people who should voice their opinion are ones that've played many games maybe hundreds for the console and get a good idea of the good and bad.

That said, I actually have two more games that surprisingly haven't been mentioned at all yet.

Musya - I picked this up from a video rental boxed and all hearing that it was supposed to be a great and scary game and a top game in Japan. When I played it, I was treated to an aweful Castlevania clone with horrendous sound and the most boring game play I've ever seen on the SNES.

Super 3D Noah's Ark - Ripped from the Wolfenstein engine, Wisdom Tree gave us one of the most cheesy and bad/grainy/pixelly looking FPS's ever to grace a console. Every level looked the same, the framerate was about the lowest I've seen on the console and your weapons were slingshots that were upgradable. As bad as the game is though, its still great to play just to laugh at.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link