Thread: System Shock 2 multiplayer co-op

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Next time we can try to take screenshots and then ALT+Tab out and put them into another program. PrintScrn should do it - that's screen capture in Windows - IF the program has that key reserved for it. Might need to modify the .exe's settings to make sure that the key is reserved for Windows' use.

That was a great time. The game is nowhere near as scary when we were all joking around, so I wouldn't recommend it for a first-time play experience with the game (would ruin some of the ambience), but it was definitely cool. It's still great fun, though - playing through a classic with other people. I wish I did more of it with MAME or Snes9x or with other PC games.

Resources are somewhat scarce, but nowhere near as bad as they could be. With four people, we can *really* specialize with our skills. Having a Hack of 4 probably allows Soulblazer to get through security with a lot fewer nanites than it would take if he couldn't get that many. Once we get our skills up there and once we get our weapons upgraded, we'll probably be able to take out the bad guys with a lot fewer shots. It's really nice being able to have Projected Pyrokinesis while we're still only on the Engineering level

We can also run around MedSci looking for hybrids to whack with wrenches - this would probably be a good way to pick up some spare nanites. Even the sodas could be turned into nanites once we get the Recyclotron (at which point I'll have to relenquish my plants and cease being the Woodsie Lord).

A third thing we can do is try to let Soulblazer's turrets take care of more of the bad guys. Those don't cost us anything to use. I don't think there are too many turrets on the Hydroponics level, though. Well there's that one section with a whole lot of them, but.

The fourth thing: we need to make sure we pillage all of the pods for the red slimy things. I have an anti-toxin psi as well as that enviro-suit, so I should be able to get close without too much trouble.

Tuesday night is good for me as well, at least for this week. The weekends are mostly free, too. Hopefully tomorrow we will create much dischord
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man, it's sorta crazy not having to shoot stuff on walls to lower poly count any more ;D (well, my older PCs played at good, if slower, framerates; slow loading mostly).

Anyhow, think about picking up coffee cups and cigs, as those can be recyled too. Mostly the coffee cups. It's just one nanite a pop, but it's better than nothing.

If you find soda or chips, make sure the PSI guys (well, isn't that just Calthaer mostly?) get some. Us leathernecks can drink anything from soda to whiskey, and possibly even lighter fluid, but the PSI guys have more delicate sensibilities :P

Also have to wonder about what the hell was going on that people were tossing/stashing cyber modules and nanites in waste bins. :P

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea for Calthaer to get ahold of that item-finding power. I know where all sorts of crazy stuff is up high and down low, but that was playing on "Impossible." I guess there might be less at lower difficulty levels.

Also a thought - breaks - if somebody has to take a break it might be a good idea to pause the game instead of guarding their inert body. They could tell us when they're back with a voice chat message, or we could just hold the game for 1 minute at a time if they aren't heard.

Can't wait to get to the Love Sim Units - there's some NICE goodies in one of the rooms. We shouldn't waste any nanites going to see the dude...yeah, that dude. You know, the chain smoker. (Now you know why Malick hacked the sim units - nefarious reasons.)

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I don't think I'll have a chance to pick up a adapater for my mike before tommorow, but I can defentily play.

What time will work for you people? I should be home from a date by 8, maybe 9 at the latest, and can last till about 1 or so.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I could be ready even as soon as 7:30p EST.

Which one is the item-finding ability? I've never really played a Psi before; I'll have to look into that. Psi was always too weak against the bots for me to really consider them a viable solo character.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I'm good for 7:30pm est. And I have those blobbies researched, so get em while they're hot. Btw, I have so much shottie ammo. Jesus.

dave

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

The date was changed to Friday, so I can be on a little eariler also.

Now I just hope Ed can make it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was all set to do it tomorrow. Get your shit together! =P

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

No, NO, Ed, I ment MY DATE, as in, ya know, with a woman?

As far as I know, all four of should be able to play again tonight at 7:30 PM.

Looking forward to it. I'll see if I can get my mic working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Werd up. I'm down with it. I've been researching a bunch of the psi stuff I can get...I have a feeling I might have quite a few cyber-modules available once I purchase the (quite expensive) fourth, fifth, and sixth tiers of Psi. Maybe I should pick up Repair along with the Psi to Cyber stat increase psi ability so that Soulblazer can focus on energy. Once he gets the EMP rifle we'll be able to take out those annoying cyber-nannies in one shot (on the Overloaded level, at least). We'll need to get Maintain up there, too, pretty soon...

I want to upgrade my psi stat, too, so that I can really put a hurtin' on the fleshies we come across. So many endless possibilities! And the fusion rifle - oh the bliss that will be ours once the fusion rifle comes into play!

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Whoa, what happened here?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given