Thread: Video Game Movies/Series

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Game Movies/Series

I want to make a list, but don't feel like searching for all of the movies. Now I am not trying to see the names of Anime stuff that became a video game (things like DBZ and that). I'm talking things like, House of the Dead, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bros, etc. I am looking for movies/series I can actually buy, so please don't post a name of a series (like the old Sonic series) which I will never be able to find. I just think it would be cool to have a descent collection of video game movies/series. Right now, the only thing I have I would even consider is the Street Fighter 2V complete DVD set and the live action Street Fighter movie and the Animated movie, but thats about all I have. Please list as many you can think of that I can actually buy.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

All I can remember is....

Resident Evil
    Tomb Raider
    Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life
    Super Mario Bros
    Double Dragon
    Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
    House Of The Dead
    Final Fantasy
    Street Fighter
    Wing Commander
    Pokemon

Hope that helps

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could someone please explain to me how the Mortal Kombat television series ended? I think I caught the last episode out of the corner of my eye, and Shao Kahn wound up killing Raiden and all the good guys! They couldn't have really ended it like that... could they?

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been working on just such a collection.

ALL DVD:

Street Fighter (Van Damme) (Released on DiVX, A Standard Fullscreen, and collector's Widescreen editions)
    Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (Red label is uncensored, yellow label is censored. Changes: Chun-Li's shower scene)
    Street Fighter Alpha: The Animated Movie (The Japanese R2 is simply "Street Fighter Zero: The Animation")
    Street Fighter II V(ictory)
    Street Fighter - TV Season One (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")
    Street Fighter - TV Season Two: Soul Powers (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")

Megaman TV Season One (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")
    Megaman TV Season Two (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")

(Not R1 DVD Yet) Megaman NT Warrior
    Rockman OVA: Wishing On A Star & Appearance In Japan

Darkstalkers TV Season One (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")

Wing Commander

Tomb Raider
    Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life

Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
    Mortal Kombat: Defenders Of The Realm (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")
    Mortal Kombat: Conquest
    Mortal Kombat: The Adventure Begins (VHS Only)

River City Ransom/River City Rampage

Double Dragon
    Double Dragon The Animated Movie
    Double Dragon TV (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")

Battletoads TV (USAN's "Action Extreme Team" Only one episode known to exist.)

Sonic SatAM (Freedom Fighters)
    Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic And Tails)
    Sonic Underground (Sonic, Manic, And Sally)
    Sonic X (Sonic Adventure)
    Sonic X: The Movie
    Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie

Final Fantasy: Legend Of The Crystals
    Final Fantasy: The Spirits within
    Final Fantasy: Unlimited

Captain N: The Game Master

Super Mario Brothers
    Super Mario Brothers 3
    Super Mario Brothers: The Movie
    Super Mario Brothers OVA (VHS/Laserdisc Only)

The Legend Of Zelda

Resident Evil

House of The Dead

Resident Evil 2 (In Production)

VHS Only:

Little Nemo: The Dream Master (VHTF Keep an eye on Dollar General Store)

TECHNICHALITY:

Jackie Chan's City Hunter 2.

All of these are avilable on DVD in one form or another. Be it R1, R2, or HK. This is a rather complete list. It's also the one I'm using for my Checklist. If I missed anything someone please let me know. MortaL Kombat: Conquest did infact end with Shao Khan gaining access to Earth and imprisoning Raidena nd yes, killing the good guys.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I think there are animes based on the games instead of the other way around but I could be wrong.

Arc the Lad
    Wild Arms
    Ys

Supposedly there's also a Dragon Warrior cartoon that was in english, as opposed to the Jap only anime. But I've never seen it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Zone Of The Enders: Dolores

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, so far I got a good list going on, but what is (USAN's "Action Extreme Team")

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    Could someone please explain to me how the Mortal Kombat television series ended? I think I caught the last episode out of the corner of my eye, and Shao Kahn wound up killing Raiden and all the good guys! They couldn't have really ended it like that... could they?
    I'm straining my brain to remember, but I seem to recall that it did end something like this - it was supposed to be a cliffhanger sort of thing, but when you haven't actually gotten that order for the next season, these things happen. Somewhere in my archives I still have a sales presentation I put together for the station I was working at which carried this at the time - that and "The Cow: Stairway To Heaven." :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    I think there are animes based on the games instead of the other way around but I could be wrong.

Arc the Lad
    Wild Arms
    Ys.
    Arc the Lad was a 26 episode anime series. Followed the story of the second Arc game, with Elk...though Arc makes many apparences. Licensed by ADVFilms. Six DVDs in all, and also re-released as a brick collection.

Wild Arms was a 22ish episode anime series. Didn't follow any of the game story lines, with an exception of the Crimson Noble chicky. Licensed by ADVFilms and five DVDs in total.

Ys was released as two OVA series. I only have one DVD of the first OVA, so I'm not completely sure how long it is and whatnot. Licensed by AnimeWorks, three DVDs in total from my understanding.

Of course .Hack. With four freaking series running. .hack//sign which is 6 DVDs long, licensed by Bandai, and all available to purchase in regular and LE form. Then the series that was included with the four games. Then Legend of Twillight, which just recently started coming out on DVD. I believe there is another series of it running in Japan...or planning to start airing soon.

Can't forget about Yu-Gi-Oh!

Tales of Eternia has an anime series, which was supposed to be released in America...but has yet to be seen. Same with Star Ocean EX. 26 episodes long and following the story line of Star Ocean: The Second Story and one of the better animes based off a game series I've seen.

Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture and the OVA DVD. Both available via Viz.

Oh and an Art of Fighting anime movie of sorts. May have been an OVA....I gotta go hunting for that DVD.

BLAH.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, I am an idiot, this is the second question I am asking, what is an OVA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges
    OK, I am an idiot, this is the second question I am asking, what is an OVA?
    Original video animation.

....or OAV....original animation video.

Basically meaning straight to video/DVD shite. In an anime series, OVA/OAV means it went staight to video/DVD rather then being aired weekly, on television in Japan. Also meaning animated movies that went straight to video/ DVD and not theaters first.

At least, I think so. Heh.

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This isn't really a good place to post this, but I don't feel like starting a new thread.

10 Reasons why Mortal Kombat:Annhilation sucks:

10. Ermac.
    I remember one of the few things I was looking forward too was Ermac doing some telekinetic asswhooping. So naturally, all he did was form a second ninja clone to kick SONJA BLADES ASS. He's in the movie for about 5 minutes, most of that getting the crap kicked out of him. Sonja even says what everyone knew when she said" I'll take LEFTOVERS!"

9. Jax's arm troubles.
    Another part of the movie has the good guys in the desert for some undefined reason. Sonja finds a lab in the middle of nowhere, which just happens to be working perfectly, and it's where Jax JUST got his new kick-ass metal arms. He just got them, despite the fact the place was friggen abandoned. Rayden tells Jax that the arms are worthless, but Jax tells him to shut up, which of course foreshadows what happens later.Anyway, Jax never does any fighting(the Cyrax bullshit doesn't count)until he faces the centaur dude(Motaro?). When he faces Motaro, he gets his ass handed to him, until he rips off the arms, and suddenly is able to beat the horse with THREE punchs, despite the fact the 1,000X more powerful arms didn't faze him.

8. Sub-Zero bullshit.
    Remember the first movie, where Liu Kang kills off Sub-Zero with a icicle,(which was one of that movies highlights)? Inside some random cave, Liu Kang and Kitana meet up with Sektor. Sektor ofcourse beats there ass, until Sub-Zero kills him. No wait, it's not Sub-Zero, it's his brother! This,of course, is homage to the whole unmasked Sub-Zero from MK3, but the bullshit is still there. Just another stupid thing.

7.Rain's two second debut
    Shao Kahn is angry for somereason( Liu Kang just did something, I think) and he walks into some kinda war room. Some other random bad guys circle the table. Rain tells Shao Kahn something bad, Shao Kahn responds by whacking him off into some pit with a sledgehammer, and dissappears for the rest of the movie. Not one little thunder attack or anything.

6. Kabal and Stryker no-show
    Right after Rain dies, I say to my self"Hmm, I wonder when Kabal and Stryker will start kicking ass?" Suddenly, a random bad guy walks in and says" Kabal and Stryker are dead,sir" I scream obceneties as Shao Kahn ignores this and continues on some rant. They coudn't even show them for a few damn minutes, so we could see Kabal impale someone.

5. Noob Saibot army/Baraka army
    Noob Saibot and Baraka were two of the better characters in the 3 games the movie is based(which I use loosley) on. Notice, that there supposed to be a one of a kind. In the movie, Rayden fights off an ENTIRE army of Noob Saitbots, in the SAME EXACAPT place Liu Kang killed Raptile a movie earlier. This extremly cheapend Noob Saibot, and the whole scene kinda slowed the movie down. Also, a Baraka army attacks Liu Kang during the end of the movie. Liu just runs away, and eventually kills one of them(don't remember how). All they did was hop around a room, and mabye hold up there arms while doing ii once in a while. What a waste of a cool character.

4. Rayden loses his smile...I mean powers
    Sometime in the movie, Rayden realizes that his fellow gods are doinging something wrong( I don't remeber what, I think it's about the whole tournament being corroupted or some such unethical shit) Rayden is angry and somehow loses his powers since he's a GOOD GUY. This creates whole new Rayden, which almost runis the coolness of the first movies Rayden. THIS Raydens a whiny bitch who fights with out powers. This was something missing from the first movie too, but in the first movie he didn't really fight at all. Still, Rayden becoming a whiny,no power bitch.

3. Sheeva
    One of the bigger characters people were waiting to see in action was Sheeva. A female Goro that could kick ass in a way all her own. So naturally, shes killed by being crushed under a cage near the ending. GHEY.

2. Animality Bait-and-switch
    Some where in the movie, Liu Kang finds Nightwolf, and learns about how to turn into a dragon. This becomes helpful in the end, when Shao Kahn turns into a monster of his own. Liu Kang then becomes a huge dragon, and it looks like there's about to be a major Godzillesque battle coming. But no, that'd almost make the movie worth watching! Instead we get them each hitting each other once, then they GO BACK TO THERE NORMAL FORM! Yeah, this pissed me off, but no as much as Numbah uno...

1. Johhny Cage dies
    The movie started off the right way, continuing the ending of the first movie. Shao Kahn came in and brought in his new minions, while the main good guys(Rayden, Liu Kang, Kitana,Sonja Blade, and Johhny Cage) were ready to fight them. Shao Kahn gives this big speech about how he's gonna destroy this realm and make both realms form to create chaos. He then mentions that attacking is futile, cause he'll kill them. So, everyone else decided to listen to him, except for Johhny Cage. Cage jumps at Shao Kahn, who quickly grabs his neck and snaps it. Sonja starts crying, and the rest just seem to act as if almost nothing happened. I figure"Hey, he's a main character, he'll come back and save the day later, right?". I watch the rest of the movie, and Cage doesn't come back. I watch the entire credits reel, hoping for Cage to come back and do SOMETHING. Nope, he's just ignored for the rest of the movie. Not even a "I miss Johhny" or a " Cage would be helpful right now" was mentioned. I mean, I understand this was supposed to be a tie-in to Cage mysteriously being omited from the second game, but it was still RETARDED!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know if you can buy it or not, but there was a Power Stone animated series. I was only able to watch a couple of episodes, and i think it only got 1 series, but it seemed like a watchable show

Im pretty sure theres a tekken animated movie available, but apparently its not great..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

AHA! The mentioning of Tekken and Power Stone reminded me of the Psychic Force anime.....with is like two episodes long and thats it. Pretty damned horrible....

Plus in Japan there are animes running for Ragnarok Online and the Generation of Chaos series.