Thread: Voice recognition in games: LifeLine (PS2)

Strawberry (Level 2) GunPanther's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Voice recognition in games: LifeLine (PS2)

Has anyone else played this game?

I just recently 'scored' this game as well as another game title to compensate for the whole "Network Adaptor" hoopla that seemed to piss a lot of people off.

But that NA thing is over and done with and I've scamm....er received two great games instead.

Anyway.....

Is anyone else having difficulty with this game? If you have played LifeLine, with excellent results (i.e.: the main character recognizes what you say most of the time), how did you achieve that?

Also, what USB headset(s) do you use to play LifeLine?

This game is fun to play, since I control the action by giving the main character any verbal commands, but it's starting to bug me when I tell Rio (the main character) to "Shoot, shoot, evade" but instead, she goes "Recover? Right!" and uses up a valuable healing pack, hence making her seem like a retarded and nearly deaf woman.

Anyone else have similar issues with the voice recognition?

GunPanther
    "Sometimes you just have to shoot their limbs to get their attention."

Good traders: Querjek, k8track, youruglyclone

http://users.ign.com/collection/gymleader_panther

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should have seen the Xplay review of the game. The only thing she did correctly was bark like a dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I have it, and since I don't have Socom or Karaoke Revolution, I bought the Logitech mic (the one with the Mute button and not the leather ear cover)

It's a fun game, but it gets worse the more actions you pick up. Even after an extra three or four, you need to get more articulate (but I'm not even sure that's the case) "Dodge left!" "Pose? Ok!"

Other than that, it is a fun game and I hope they keep improving the voice recognition. It's definately more interactive than Seaman.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would tend to blame the designers of Lifeline for its questionable voice recognition, rather than the technology involved. Heck, Seaman (on the Dreamcast) understood most everything I said to him, so long as I said it in a clear voice, and that game had a HUGE vocabulary.

But yeah, the XPlay review was hilarious. I loved watching Adam get an aneurysm by yelling at the screen so much.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spooie
    You should have seen the Xplay review of the game. The only thing she did correctly was bark like a dog.

You can make Rio bark like a dog? I'm gonna' try that later.

As for this review from Xplay, do you have the url for it? I'd like to read that because it sounds hilarious.

GunPanther

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    I have it, and since I don't have Socom or Karaoke Revolution, I bought the Logitech mic (the one with the Mute button and not the leather ear cover)

It's a fun game, but it gets worse the more actions you pick up. Even after an extra three or four, you need to get more articulate (but I'm not even sure that's the case) "Dodge left!" "Pose? Ok!"

Other than that, it is a fun game and I hope they keep improving the voice recognition. It's definately more interactive than Seaman.

Rio can pose? Man, this game just keeps getting better & better if you're all telling me she can pose and bark like a dog.

My favorite instance is when I keep saying her name. She always replies "Yes?" and it's like, she never gets the hint. I also like torturing the poor girl by making her run laps around the room when she doesn't do what I say. :P

That Logitech headset must be nice. I heard it was the best PS2 headset out there. I'd get one, but I managed to obtain a NIB original Socom w/ the headset.

I have yet to play Socom, but that game is nice too. The voice recognition seems very accurate and it's a cool feature to have intel spoken to you directly into the earpiece instead of hearing the dialogue through the speakers of the TV.

GunPanther