Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you serious? A few minutes on an emulator playing a choppy version of a game that lives and dies by the preciseness of its control and its presentation, and you see fit to judge it? Please tell me this is a joke...
    actually, i've played it on an emulator (only) and i thought it was pretty badass...it wasn't 'choppy' for me, just 'slow as all hell' (Athlon 1800+ radeon 8500LE)

the game seems real manac...maybe one of the first manac shooters? i dunno my shmup timeline that well but it seems pretty damn manac for such an early game (relatively).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by mycarsucks; 05-03-2022 at 12:02 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoisKeel
    Are you serious? A few minutes on an emulator playing a choppy version of a game that lives and dies by the preciseness of its control and its presentation, and you see fit to judge it? Please tell me this is a joke...
    actually, i've played it on an emulator (only) and i thought it was pretty badass...it wasn't 'choppy' for me, just 'slow as all hell' (Athlon 1800+ radeon 8500LE)

the game seems real manac...maybe one of the first manac shooters? i dunno my shmup timeline that well but it seems pretty damn manac for such an early game (relatively).
    It's very pattern-based, though. A lot of the time you have to interpret the patterns coming at you and then move through them properly. The problem being, of course, that some of the patterns take a lot of skill to avoid no matter what you do... Usually when I think of a manic shooter I think of the bullets being almost completely "random", or rather, based on where you are at the time. Which is for all intents and purposes going to make a block of bullets that appear random. I'm not sure if that's the proper way to think about it though. Either way, for a shooter fan like me, RS is a very fun game and one of the best shooters there is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmhawkmoon
    I actually would spend just about any amount on Radiant Silvergun if that's what it took because it's one of my favorite games from my favorite genre. But if you don't love it then don't worry about it. I just was surprised that it is still rising in price (I thought it cost a lot when I got it!) and I'm disappointed to hear people knock it without playing it more than a few times and without playing it on a decent setup.
    I have two points to make here

1. I agree with what is stated above. My favorite game is Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES and if I lost it and the going rate was $200 i would buy it. I'm sure that sounds crazy but I love that game. Some people love shooters and although I haven't played Radiant Silvergun its supposed to be one of the best.

2. I actually like seeing good games go up in price. It adds value to our collections. I know it sucks for people getting into collecting late but don't we all like the idea that our collection has some value. If we didn't we would all but loose CDs and carts.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The main reason I like to buy the real things is for three reasons:

1. Since it's my main hobby, I like to actually know something more about the packaging and history and see everything working for myself.

2. I like to know for sure that everything is working as it should.

3. I like to have a nice looking gaming area.

I don't really care about my collection having value as much as I care about those things.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycarsucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazel
    I paid $50.00 for it some years ago and was ripped off.

well, sell it to me for 50 bucks and you'll get your money back!
    I sold it for $120.00 or so a few years ago.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by dmhawkmoon
    It's very pattern-based, though. A lot of the time you have to interpret the patterns coming at you and then move through them properly. The problem being, of course, that some of the patterns take a lot of skill to avoid no matter what you do... Usually when I think of a manic shooter I think of the bullets being almost completely "random", or rather, based on where you are at the time. Which is for all intents and purposes going to make a block of bullets that appear random. I'm not sure if that's the proper way to think about it though.
    That's a very good description of the gameplay. RS is entirely pattern based, like a top down R-Type. Personally I prefer manic games, like Donpatchi, and that's why I don't like RS as it feels more puzzle-like to me.