Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pictures added for my 113 inch Video Game Screen!

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PitBullNYC
    NICE screen! But serioiusly, white tube socks and black sandals?
    Thirded time's a charm.

Yeah i don't know aboat them sandals dude.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    Thirded time's a charm.

Careful, last time I pointed out someone's triple post, a Mod Private Messaged me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Mod
    Do me a favor, would you? The next time you're about to post something like this, to someone that had a double post because of the FORUM, think about how you'd feel if someone wrote such a post directed at YOU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

socks.. just wrong..

that kid... is the LUCKIEST kid on the planet..
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    Thirded time's a charm.

Careful, last time I pointed out someone's triple post, a Mod Private Messaged me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Mod
    Do me a favor, would you? The next time you're about to post something like this, to someone that had a double post because of the FORUM, think about how you'd feel if someone wrote such a post directed at YOU.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just joking around pitbull.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to satisfy our curiosity, could you actually take some pics of some movies? And I don't know if you have the means, but examples of regular TV vs HDTV.

I can definitely take a pic of some movies, but taking pictures of HDTV, or regular TV would be pretty damn hard. With the movie, I simply would pause the DVD, then take the pic. But with HDTV, I can't pause it, and it wouldn't look right. Same thing with reg. TV. I guess I could try anyways, but I'm sure it won't come out looking like it really does. If I had a HDTV Tivo box, which is actually going to be coming out soon, then I could pause HDTV and regular TV and be able to take a pic of it.

Last night I took a pick of Streets of Rage 2 from the Genesis. It was just amazing how it looked on that screen. I'll try to take some pics of a couple of movies tonite, and see if I can get Brett to put them up on that webpage temporarily.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

he he he. Yeah, I know. You have to understand that when that picture was taken I was cleaning out the Garage of some crap. So I just threw on my Flip Flops while I was cleaning out the Garage. Sorry that I wasn't dressed in a 3 piece Armani suit.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The screens look fanatastic, I think you convinced a lot of skeptics!

Damn, this will be an awesome looking videogame room!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You need to hook your computer up to it.

I have an X1 as well, and I had to get a computer just for use with the projector.

Nothin' says lovin' like a hard drive of roms and PC games and an 18 foot screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What resolution does the projector have? Is it capable of 1024x768? That would be sweet if I had my iMac connected to it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What resolution does the projector have? Is it capable of 1024x768? That would be sweet if I had my iMac connected to it.

No, it doesn't do 1024 x 768. In fact to get a DLP projector that did that resolution you would need to pay about 3 times what I did.

The X1 only has 800 x 600 resolution.

But it sure seems to do wonders with that 800 x 600 resolution.

Certainly 800 x 600 handles the full resolution of 480P stuff, and also the full resolution of DVD movies. Stuff that goes beyond 480P needs to be scaled to 800 x 600, but it does a damn fine job of doing that.

HDTV looks freaking amazing on it. To think that it's only 800 x 600 is totally amazing considering how good HDTV looks on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice Anthony1

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

No, it doesn't do 1024 x 768. In fact to get a DLP projector that did that resolution you would need to pay about 3 times what I did.
    No way... a BenQ PB6200 is native 1024x768 and it is about $1500. I don't recall if the X1 can do 1024x768 with scaling, but I know my PB6100 does it. Looks pretty lousy though compared to something in its native 800x600. Pretty much the same thing as running an LCD monitor in a non-native resolution - it can handle it, but you won't want it to.

Certainly 800 x 600 handles the full resolution of 480P stuff, and also the full resolution of DVD movies.
    Not quite... an 800x600 4x3 native display can only display 450 lines when in a 16x9 format, so projectors like the X1 crop the image slightly. Not really noticeable, and DVD aspect ratios vary all over the place so frequently you're only cropping the black bars that would be displayed.

Stuff that goes beyond 480P needs to be scaled to 800 x 600, but it does a damn fine job of doing that.

HDTV looks freaking amazing on it. To think that it's only 800 x 600 is totally amazing considering how good HDTV looks on it.
    That it does... I've been playing some 720p and 1080p content via my PC, and it looks great. Initially I thought it would be a waste to display HDTV on something that didn't have the native resolution to handle it, but it looks so much better than the 480p content that it is well worth it.

To comment on something earlier in the thread, the quality of regular television (SDTV)... It isn't the projector that it as fault, merely the size of the display. SDTV is so low quality, and you notice it more and more as your screen gets larger. Before getting my projector I went from a 31" to a 43" inch TV, and the apparent quality went down because I could more easily see all the bad stuff. At 100", the bad stuff is glaring.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are some more pics guys

The first one is a baseball game on ESPN in HDTV. Now, like I said before, I don't have the ability to pause HDTV, so the pics I took of HDTV stuff didn't come out to good. But this one came out kinda decent.

http://www.consolegames.org/bigtv7.jpg

This pic is the first of 3 pics of Finding Nemo on DVD.

http://www.consolegames.org/bigtv8.jpg

Here is the second Nemo one

http://www.consolegames.org/bigtv9.jpg

Here is the last Nemo one

http://www.consolegames.org/bigtv10.jpg

Here is The HULK on DVD

http://www.consolegames.org/bigtv11.jpg

By the way you can also look at

http://www.consolegames.org/bigtv5.jpg

Streets of Rage on Genesis via modded XBOX

http://www.consolegames.org/bigtv6.jpg

Sonic 3 on Genesis via modded XBOX

But I accidently sent these pictures to Brett as "Small". So I resent the pictures back to Brett, the way they are supposed to be, and he will switch them out later.

Check it out guys.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am impressed and totally jealous.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingpong

No way... a BenQ PB6200 is native 1024x768 and it is about $1500. I don't recall if the X1 can do 1024x768 with scaling, but I know my PB6100 does it. Looks pretty lousy though compared to something in its native 800x600. Pretty much the same thing as running an LCD monitor in a non-native resolution - it can handle it, but you won't want it to.

hi can you clarify something?

besides the few rows of line that can be gained Will 480p gamecube games look just as good on a BenQ PB6200 as on the X1, any better?

I'm lookin at 16 feet of throw from the lens I think for a project. I was wondering what my picture is going to look like if I go with either projector. Is the 1024X768 going to even look different than 800x600? What is an advantage of 1024X768 native res. compared to a 800x600, any disadvantage?

Does a BenQ PB6200 have component in and vga in as seperate inputs, or must a component to vga connector be used like on a x1? Also, what would it matter either way?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolland
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpong

hi can you clarify something?

besides the few rows of line that can be gained Will 480p gamecube games look just as good on a BenQ PB6200 as on the X1, any better?

I'm lookin at 16 feet of throw from the lens I think for a project. I was wondering what my picture is going to look like if I go with either projector. Is the 1024X768 going to even look different than 800x600? What is an advantage of 1024X768 native res. compared to a 800x600, any disadvantage?

Does a BenQ PB6200 have component in and vga in as seperate inputs, or must a component to vga connector be used like on a x1? Also, what would it matter either way?

When it comes to 480p sources, such as DVD movies, GameCube and PS2, I don't believe you will get a better image with a BenQ PB6200 than what you would get with a X1.

However, when you go to sources that are beyond 480p, such as HDTV, or XBOX games beyond the 480p, then you would get a pretty decent improvement.

One thing to consider is that both of these projectors are 4:3 DLP projectors. So if you use it like me, where you go with a 16:9 screen, even though it's a 4:3 projector, then you end up loosing some resolution.

If you know that you want your screen to be 16:9, and you want to spend double the X1 price, which is what you would have to spend to get a BenQ PB6200, then you should probably look at the Infocus ScreenPlay 4805. Although the native resolution of the 4805 is less than the BenQ PB6200, the 4805 is a "TRUE" 16:9 DLP projector. And thus you gain all that resolution that you lose when using a 4:3 projector in 16:9 mode with a 16:9 screen.