Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Default Silent Hill 4 - good lord!

I picked up Silent Hill 4 a few days ago, and while it first started out kinda crappy and boring, it's REALLY starting to get good. I'm in the hospital now and I'm getting seriously creeped out, and the last time that happened was when I played Eternal Darkness. It also seems to be the goriest out of the series and I'm not even halfway done so who knows what I have to see yet. I was worried that the whole idea of being trapped in your apartment would be a crapfest, but I'm pleasantly surprised it's not.

For the first time in a LONG time I'm having a hard time quitting the game. I was up until 3am last night playing for about eight hours non-stop.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait to buy this game. I LOVED just the little I played at my friends house. The unkillable enemies are a nice twist as well. They're especially FREAKY when they make no sounds and you can't see em coming, LoL.

The part that actually scared me the most:

It's interesting how you can look through the windows and see the outside world perfectly. I got creeped the FUCK OUT when I was looking through a window and a zombie head just FELL past the window!!!! The people seem like they're naked too. Kinda kinky.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I felt the same way as you did: disappointed at first, but I started to feel better at that part of the game. Then I got past the hospital. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played that far, but it takes laziness on the part of the developer to a whole new level. It really makes me angry 'cause I'm such a huge Silent Hill fan.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    The unkillable enemies are a nice twist as well.
    Are all the enemies unkillable? Unkillable and infinately repsawning enemies really bug me in games

I finished the first silent hill and that was great (and scary), but havent got any of the ps2 games. Is 4 better than 3 or 2 ? Good too see the town still revolves around the hospital..

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Just the ghosts are unkillable and they move slowly enough for you to get out of the way. The most nerve-wracking part is that there's no static-filled radio in this one...you enter a room, think everything's ok, then WHAM something whacks you in the back of the head. You can fully heal at any time by going back to your apartment and the monsters don't respawn, so it's not too bad.

I haven't finished the hospital yet so I don't know what Chooky's talking about (and if it's something really sucky I'm gonna be extremely ticked) but so far I'd say it's better than 3 and on par with 2, plot and creepiness-wise.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a chance to play the demo and I really enjoyed it so much that I plan to go out and get it. I enjoyed peeping in on the neighboor lol, It was also a damn shame that you never get that favor done bummer. Id recommend it if you like survival horror games.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

I'd completely slept on the fact that this is out already. Thanks for the reminder. Time to get scared shitless again ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enjoying it right now as I just got to the Water Prison..great story with wild new monsters..especially the wall monsters.

Great game

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, I just finished it, and I gotta say for all the things that ticked me off about the game, I just couldn't stop playing it. The thing I bitched about before didn't end up being as bad as I thought it was, and the game got pretty damn creepy at the end (but don't they all? ).

And GreatEscape, you should DEFINITELY look into getting the other games. Everyone loves 2, and 3's got a pretty straitforward plot but it's still awesome. 4 is my least favorite, but I still like it. Silent Hill is one of the most creative VG series around, and is certainly worth your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

Glad to hear

I will pick this up after I play thru Silent Hill 2

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw yesterday on the way back from ECGX that this was out. I almost bought it, but I remembered that I have played about 2 hours of Silent Hill 2, and I still have yet to put Silent Hill 3 in my console, so I figure by the time I get through those, this will be about $20.

Sounds like a good game though!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I'm a sucker for this series.

I have no staminia though. I'm 1/2 through both Silent Hill 2 & 3 and have Silent Hill 4 on the way. I seem to get bored with the game after a few hours of play.

With my track record, I won't play 4 long enough to get to the good part. x_x
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Silent Hill 2 (greatest hits ps2) is still my favorite. I played that sucker to no end - and got all the endings and weapons etc. I fell asleep with the controller in my hand late every night. No game has done that to me since Final Fantasy VII (well Pikmin is doing it to me now ^_^).

1 is incredible, I need to replay it though since I only beat it once. 3 is good since the story is directly connect with 1. 2 is just awesome. and 4 is shaping up to be nice. I have both the Japanese and the US release and I have not noticed much of a difference. The US release even contains the option to switch back to Japanese.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a huge fan of this series. SH2 is still my favorite, as it is just so incredibly twisted and creepy. I've beaten both the PS2 and Xbox version (with it's lame extra missions). I love 3 as well. There were numerous times I dropped the controller and screamed like a little girl. Sheesh, I'm turning into a wuss in my old age! heheh

I just got SH4 for Xbox, but I haven't had time to play it yet. I've been too busy playing ESPN NFL 2K5. However, tonight, I will begin. From what I'm reading here, I hope it doesn't disappoint. Considering how much I love this series, I'm not expecting it to.

Xbox Live Gamertag: kobaxter
    Our Game Collection

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone use headphones when they play Silent Hill? Sometimes I use headphones when my roomate is sleeping.

Anyway - if you can - use headphones and play Silent Hill 2 - there is a bunch of spooky noises that I heard using headphones that I didnt hear when playing through my speakers (pretty good ones too). One specific moment I remember is towards the end of the whole first section with the apartments, there is a room that you get to by way of a balcony that came out of another apartment - i think it's right before you fight Pyramid head in the stairwell - use headphones when you go into that room -

Sorry I'm being so vague. But it's scary!! x_x

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are there any new spookies that appear based on your savegames for prior games in the series?

I know SH3 had some stuff that would only appear if you have a complete silent hill 2 save on the same memory card, for instance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just went to Block Buster today and say one game of Silent Hill 4 of course it was out so I got Prince of Persia instead...Didnt work...scratched . Silent Hill is a one scary series and hope for many more sequels in the future.I'll be sure to pick this on up

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if this has been posted already or not. Though fry's (outpost.com) is selling SH4 for 26.99.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    I don't know if this has been posted already or not. Though fry's (outpost.com) is selling SH4 for 26.99.
    That's where I got mine from. Missed the DHL delivery guy with it today.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do you have a link? I couldnt find the deal there...