Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Collecting PC Games - Some of My Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Speaking of Collecting PC Games - Some of My Collection

Every time I see posts about everyone's Rooms of Doom I mean to take a few pictures of some of my collection. The few threads that I've read here about PC games recently made me decide to get off my ass and take some pics to post here. The following pics are only of computer games. If you're only interested in seeing pics of console stuff then you may not want to bother continuing.

Here's a pic of my main PC games wall. When I say "PC" games I'm including all old computer games for all formats (Apple II, C64, PC, Atari, etc...)

link

Here's one of the lower book cases where I have most of my Origin and Ultima games

link

The second book case. Might & Magic games and other randon stuff that doesn't really have a home yet.

link

This is what EA looked like before they decided to suck back when EA stoof for Electronic Artists.

link

Some Epyx games. Most are still shrinkwrapped.

link

Some of my Sierra games collection. I have shrinkwrapped copies of almost every King's Quest, Police Quest and Sopace Quest game.

link

More Sierra stuff. Again, most shrinkwrapped.

link

More Sierra stuff. Leisure Suit Larry collection.

link

Some Lucas Arts Stuff. Monkey Island and Sam and Max are all unopened.

link

Some random stuff

link

Some of my favorite RPG games. All shrinkwrapped except Bard's Tale III

link

More misc stuff

link

Here's a few pics of the shelves over my desk where I keep my Infocom collection. It's kind of hard to get one pic of it because its kind of wide.

link

link

link

Before anyone asks, I'm really not really interested in trading or selling anything. There are a few duples in the pics though. I suppose if you see multiple copies of something I'd consider offers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shit, posted this to the wrong board. Would one of the mods please move this to the main forum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Speaking of Collecting PC Games - Some of My Collection

You've got Wasteland! Man, I would love to have those EA games.

EA's old game boxes rock indeed. Cotton (x68K) is another very decent package design, but I'd have to admit its anime asthetics fall down a bit in the face of some of the ones you've got there.

Lol @ Super Boulder Dash's ripoff font, though. :)

Edit; Good God. Now I know why I can't find most of this stuff - you've already got every copy around! Out of the infocom stuff, all I've got is a shrinkwrapped Shogun (Amiga version). Sierra-wise, doing a bit better; got a Quest for Glory II and a sealed Police Quest at Goodwill a month or so ago. Dr. Brain's Castle, check.

The rest, though...wow.

Just...wow. Hope I can get ahold of that much stuff someday. To be fair to myself, I'm doing pretty darn good on x68K - no shrinkwrapped copies and only one of most titles, though.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RIP Sierra On-Line. May the boat you bought Ken & Roberta make them happy, all their days.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ohhhhhhhhh....Might and Magic III: Isles Of Terra. One of my all time favorite rpgs. All that sierra and lucasarts stuff and epyx!!!....it almost excites me sexually. Phew.

I should start collecting more pc games ;D. Go down to Half Priced books and raid those fuckers.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man! Boy, would I ever love to get my hands on one of those Bill Budge Pinball Construction Kits! That's mostly what I collect for PC, pinball games. Unfortunately, I've never figured out how to get any of the DOS ones to run under XP, but I'm only missing a few that I know of, and that's one of them. I need a David's Midnight Magic too. I'm probably missing alot more than I'm aware of though, so I guess it's just as well. I wish there was a DP guide for them! Do you know very much about the old DOS pinball games?

On the Sierra wall, if you have a spare copy of Grand Prix Legends, we need to talk. I'm hoping to track down a sealed one someday, if I can get one. That's really all that I would be interested in, that I can think of. I know of a few places online where I can get some of the old pinballs I need, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. However, it's gotten very hard to find a copy of Grand Prix Legends in any form other than the Sold Out Software reissue, which I already have, so I need to get a copy of the original issue.

Awesome collection! I may have to post a list of all the PC pinball games I have, and which ones I need, so all the guys like you who may know more about them than I do might be able to help me fill in the blanks and track down some of the ones I'm missing. There has to be hundreds of them, but I'm not so much worried about collecting all the original releases of stuff like the 21st Century titles and Epic titles as I am about just having a CD or disk with all the tables from those games on it, so I've got most of those now.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

After viewing your collection I had to wipe up the pool of drool that had accumulated on my desk after my mouth hung agape for about 10 minutes.

If there were a tasteful way to make "sexually stimulated" a metaphor for envy over a pc games collection I've never seen a more appropriate situation to use it. I want to fully encourage the more literary among us to find or compose one.

As for trading, I don't really have a specific game in mind, I'd just like to saw off that room of your house and give you one of my children for it. I'd even let you pick!

(and if the child protection agencies are reading this, lighten up, I'm just kidding . . . I learned my lesson last time.)
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Shit, posted this to the wrong board. Would one of the mods please move this to the main forum?
    Will do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

good stuff I love the old PC RPGS

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your beautiful, beautiful Ultima shelf makes me shed a happy tear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

That is truely a most excellent collection. I don't normally comment on people's pics, but I've just got to say I'm very impressed.

Your collection is pretty much a chronological chart of my favorite moments in gaming. While I'll always be a 'console' gamer, my heart lies in the Adventure and RPG PC games of the 80s and very early 90s.

One of my first PC gaming experience was Might and Magic II on my friends IBM Clone. During this time I also played Sierra games where ever I could (school, friends, library) working through Quest for Glory I, Space Quest II & III, and King's Quest IV. After I got my first PC (Packard Bell 386), I got into the Ultima Series and SSI's Dungeons and Dragons line (Hillsfar, Pools of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Death Knights of Krynn - all way before I actually played Dungeons and Dragons) and played every Sierra game I could find. Litterally. I polished off Kings Quest I - V, Space Quest I - IV, Police Quest I - III, Quest for Glory I - III, Conquest of Camelot, Code Name: Iceman, Leisure Suit Larry I - III & V, The Castle of Dr. Brain, The Isle of Dr. Brian, heck, even Jones in the Fast Lane. All at a breakneck pace and way before www.gamefaqs.com was a gleam in anyones eye. If I needed help, it'd hit the Prodigy message boards or dial up a local BBS and talk about the games with online buddies.

One of my favorite, very underrated, Sierra games was Laura Bow: The Dagger of Amon Ra. Robin Hood: Conquests of the Longbow is also quite excellent. Most of the software has long since been abandoned by me. However, I do have one very interesting piece of Sierra history. I have the Sierra Soundtrack that they only offered through mail order. Still in great shape and the first CD I ever bought (how geeky is that!?!?)

In any case, again, extremely impressive. While I'm pretty much a console collector right now, I hope to eventually get reaquanted with all those games of yester-year on the PC. It's too bad that PC games now and days hold virtually no attraction for me. The magic of storytelling and immerson has all been sucked into a black hole of ever increasing polygon count and texture size. Even the PCs best efforts hold only a fraction of the magic of 15 years ago.

Long live The ImagiNation, Bobbin Threadbare, Roger Wilco, and The Britannia Isles!
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Your Lucas collection makes me sad. Please flesh that out.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I also don't normally comment on game collections, but this one truly is incredible. You could start your own museum!

The magic of storytelling and immerson has all been sucked into a black hole of ever increasing polygon count and texture size. Even the PCs best efforts hold only a fraction of the magic of 15 years ago.
    I couldn't agree more. The PC games of yesteryear just had something magical about them that the twitch games on the NES just didn't have. Don't get me wrong - I love Mega Man, Super Mario, Zelda, and the rest, but they don't give me the willies like the Ultima games do. Ganondorf and Bowser can't hold a candle to the GUARDIAN!

There was a commitment in older PC games to depth and open-endedness. Your way wasn't barred by an artificial set of rocks or some crap like that. There was a lot to do, a lot to explore, and a lot of different ways to play the game. It is really a shame that developers can't (or don't) make games like that any more. I sometimes wish that they'd forego the bajillion polygons and give me another 2D pixelated game with the kind of depth that, say, Ultima VII had. I want to be able to harvest wheat, grind it into flour, take the flour and mix it with water, make dough, and bake bread!
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer
    I also don't normally comment on game collections, but this one truly is incredible. You could start your own museum!
    I was thinking something similar. If there was ever a PC gaming museum, it'd surely look something like this!

All in all, it's a great room of doom, and fairly complete in terms of game styles (sports was the only genre I had trouble finding off hand, maybe I didn't look hard enough).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not one bit into computer games, but definately a bad ass collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh man, some of those good games take me back.
    full throttle, sam and max.

why did i only see 1 wing commander game dude (just giving you crap).

i have actually never seen big ass pc game collection before. that's awesome. the thing i like about older pc games is that most can be found pretty damn cheap. like they had sim city 2000 with a few addon packs at goodwill for like 5.99 and sim ant for like 4.99.

p.s. - if you want me to swing by there and see if they are still there, i would be more than happy to, the price was just too good and i had just no money

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry to admit, I buy old PC games, very, very cheaply, and throw them away. I just want to recycle the boxes, for eBay packaging.

--------------
    10 PRINT "THX IS SKILL"
    20 GOTO 10

RUN

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, Griking, that is a damn impressive collection. I have 100 or so PC games on my list to pick up at some point - I'm thinking now is the time though, given the relatively cheap prices they go for on ebay.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh.....My......God that is the most beautiful I have ever seen! I've always wanted to start up an old PC games collection but never get around to it. Maybe I should strt know.
    <a href="http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/index.html">
    I adopted a cute lil' pirate fetus
    from Fetusmart! Hooray fetus! </a>

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By far the nicest pc collection I have EVER seen, congrats, and I'm glad to be adding a title to that pc collection of yours (AD&D collection volume 3 you just won on e-bay)