Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sega masters -mystery package- for $30

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default sega masters -mystery package- for $30

today i went to goodwill there was a taped up box said - sega master system w/10 sports games... . the people at goodwill are being ass's today . i wanted to see the games but they said "NO" , and that if i want to see it i have to buy it first asking $30.00
    should i buy it ????

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

I would. Console itself probably goes for $20 or so.

By the way, wrong forum.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's messed up. For all you know its a bunch of rocks in that box. Or more likely, its actually a genesis and 10 sports games (which is worth maybe $5 tops).

Not worth the risk IMHO.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its pretty tempting ... mystery pak (it did said W/10 sports games) , i might buy it tommorrow , and i'll let u guys know..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd tell them to go f*** themselves - if they won't let you look at the product before buying then don't bother. It's probably just 10 copies of Super Tennis or Great Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$30.00 is quite a bit, you can get SMS's on ebay with decent games for less than that with shipping. I've found that the SMS is the only thing ebay hasn't raped yet because of the fact that it's not that popular here in the US. I got a mint one with all hook-ups two controllers and CIB Castle of Illusion and Altered Beast for 18 with shipping, not too long ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if it was in my goodwill, i think i would find it open

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll sell you a Genny and 10 random sports games for $30 if you are sooo into it. Really, I will.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy it and then open it at the counter. If you don't like the games or if there's something wrong with it then return it immediately. Most Goodwill's have a 24hr return policy on all electronics.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my goodwill has a 1 week return policy, maybe yours does too. If you buy it and its not worth it, take it back saying it doesnt work. the workers at my goodwill are nice luckily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The hell with saying it doesn't work. Tell them that you never would have had to waste their time in the first place if they'd only let you know what it was that they were selling.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

did not buy the mystery pak, i repeat i did not buy the mysterypak ... got some thing even better for $60 at goodwill >> sweet find...NEC turbo grafx16 (hucard/cd it got a total of 3pieces to the system) andthe following stuff 3 hucard>keith courage, turbografx cd systemcard, military madness, as for the turbografx cd games>monsters lair, sherlock holmes.....damn i so proud of myself today for waking up late (app 1:00pm then i watch the NFL >titan VS colts game unti 3.30), cause the lady at goodwill said they just put that (turbografx) out an hour ago... so if i went there at 1(goodwillopens@12 on sunday) then i would have been a few hours early and i would have probably brough that stupid sega pak.... man what a great day ... oh maybe i should go test the system.. will post on weeked find..

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good deal. but thats horibly expensive for goodwill. Im not braggin since my goodwill barely has anything good, but if my goodwill had that they would have sold it for $30 at the very most.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    good deal. but thats horibly expensive for goodwill. Im not braggin since my goodwill barely has anything good, but if my goodwill had that they would have sold it for $30 at the very most.
    yeah , it was pretty expensive, but for some reason it's as if they know was the value of these things, and some one will buy it..... i think their might be a gamer that works there, cause they are pretty tough on their prices ,when ever i see any thing good it usually come with a pretty price tag...and iam usually get sucker into it....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If its sitting on the shelf just rip it open if not tell them you want to buy it and when they put it on the counter grab it and open it. If it is not what you want tell them no thanks and leave.
    Take me to your game store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my goodwill keeps ANYTHING videogame/electronic related in a glass cabinet....pain in the ass when u wanna inspect something..

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi805
    If its sitting on the shelf just rip it open if not tell them you want to buy it and when they put it on the counter grab it and open it. If it is not what you want tell them no thanks and leave.
    yeah, i could do that if i don't want to shop there ever again. they probably kick me out forever....too high of a price to paid for a mystery pak...and i would have miss many cool things that they put out like the NEC that got today . beside's that lady(goodwill clerk) it like a built oak tree, and i don't wanna mess with her..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Second Chance for Ex-Offenders
    Learn how Goodwill helps ex-offenders reform their lives through the power of work.

The folks at my Goodwill are pretty nice. Sometimes stoopid stuff happens (hey let's put masking tape on both sides of an old King's Quest VII box to keep all the contents from falling out...grr), but I still like the folks there.

If I was you, I might try contacting Goodwill (link) and ask about this deal. Sounds like a bunch of garbage to me.

Then again, maybe not.

In any case, the Goodwill folks don't know games, and whenever I see Master System games they're not horrible. I would certainly be surprised if they went out of their way to put multiple copies of bad games together - and I'm going to guess they didn't have them in the first place. It's probably a lot somebody sent in.

So buy that sucker, and if any games are awful, just add up you goods and bads and licks the wounds, koppish?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice turbografx find there. That US super system card is a pain to track down, and that alone was probably worth what you paid.

my goodwill keeps ANYTHING videogame/electronic related in a glass cabinet....pain in the ass when u wanna inspect something..
    Same thing with all the goodwills/thrifts by me....I go to three different ones as well! The worst one prices everything insanely high...$8 for all genesis games, $9 for all Nes games, etc... it sucks.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my goodwill is annoying. i have only found a good deal once. it was 4 ps1 games for $12.

One time they had literally at least 1000 comic books all split up into sets of about 50. they were all selling for 29.99 a piece. i wanted to go through each one to see if there was anything worth anything, and they told me to close the bag holding all the comics (they were also in comic sleeves too). some looked pretty old, but since they wouldn't let me open it up, i said screw it and walked out. the lady told me to close it and i told her straight up, "you can sit here and look at me the entire time, i won't steal one, but it is dumb to sell these when people don't know what they are buying". she was all giving me attitude and crap saying, "well if you don't like that, go somewhere else". it was something pretty close to that. since she was mean, i had to spit a little lip to her, my almost exact words were, "screw it, i'm out, there is a reason why you work ar goodwill and not at a real job. act like it". it pissed me off that they were selling "mystery" comics.