Thread: Worms 2: Armageddon on XBL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Worms 2: Armageddon on XBL

anybody else get this yet?

Single player is way tougher than worms 1, but in a good way.

If any of you have it, hit me up and we will battle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have the PS3 version of the first one and yeah the single player is mighty short, fun, but short. Online is endless fun of course.

I have two questions though. Is the bungie cord and pneumatic drill back? I really missed those weapons and if I remember right Armaggedon (original one) is where those items originated.

What exactly are all the new options/weapons? I honestly wouldn't mind a new Worms 3D either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have it. Been working through campaign mode. Haven't encountered anything that needed more than a single try so far, but I hear it gets pretty tough near the end.

It has too many new items to list. I'd say it has about twice the weapons & tools that the expanded PSN release of the first XBLA game had. The drill is back but I haven't came across a bungee cord yet (Doesn't mean its not there, I haven't seen a few things yet). Its expanded in about every way you can imagine. New game modes, a lot more variety in landscapes (Vertical landscapes are back), etc.

Other than some bugs that I've seen widely reported (That haven't affected me yet) and the backwards jump being broken (Works about 50% of the time, unlike past Worms titles where there was never a question when you did it of your Worm doing what you want) leading to making yourself looking like a idiot as your Worm leaps into the water rather than backwards jump like you wanted, I'm pretty pleased.

Once they patch the jumping to fix whatever is causing that problem that I'm encountering and I'm seeing mentioned widely (So its not just me), I'll be very satisfied with it.

If anyone wants to play, send me a friends request. I might not be wearing my headset (I'm not much into voice chat on XBL), but it will be fun none the less.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 07-06-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Worms 2 and Wolfenstein 3D are 2 of my all-time favorite PC games so XBLA has been making me very happy these past few months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I've got it and am liking it. Just played a few single-player missions so far but it really is just as good as its namesake(s).

I especially like the feature where the Worms scream in terror whenever a weapon is deployed on top of them.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game is great. Single player is decent; some of the rounds/puzzles in the 25 - 30 range are pretty fun. Basically just a primer for multiplayer. The added weapons are great. The bungie cord is not present, but you can basically use the ninja rope to act as a bungie cord, so it's kind of moot. The drill is back, although rather useless in most instances.

I'm really loving the fort variant. So much fun. I only played 4p matches in Worms 1 on XBLA, but I'm really digging the 1v1 fort play. Crazy Crates kind of sucks; seems more a random "who gets the uber weapon" type of affair than anything else. Standard and Pro are pretty much what you'd expect.

I wish that there was a way to avoid spawning the worms near barrels or right near water, but I guess that's part of Worms. It sucks when two worms are spawned right next to each other in the middle of a minefield, though. Not really much skill in killing those poor bastards...

Shame about the double jumping, and I've also run into some lag. That's inexcusable, given the amount of bandwidth this game probably pushes. In any event, for $10, buy this game. There needs to be more support for great games at $10 so companies realize that it's a good price point. There's a ton of content and replay here...I mean, I bought Worms 1 for $10 and played 100+ matches online. Well worth the money.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Yeah I played Worms 1 on XBLA like crazy. I'm a big fan and I've never understood why it isn't more popular than it is. 4 player takes too long between turns, so I like 3 player. In order to make that happen, I have to start my own match...which can take forever to get two other players.

Yeah, the back flip SUCKS on 2. And have they changed something regarding dropping weapons from the rope? Every time I try to plant a grenade/dynamite, I freaking let go of the rope.

We should have a DP Worms tournament. Anybody up for that one of these weekends?

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut