Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Halo 2 thread

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Official Halo 2 thread

I thought I would get the ball rolling. If you have negative things to say about the game please wait until it is released. Then you can bash it all you want. I don't want this thread to turn into flame war about the merits of Halo and etc. There are plenty of other threads like that.

Anyone going to the midnight release? I am going to my local Ebgames store. They are going to do drawings and some other fun stuff. I can't wait. I will see all of you guys on XBLive.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I'm going to a tournament for the first Halo tonight at Blockbuster, but I'm not going to pick up the game there. I have to work early in the morning and I'll pick it up at work where I can get the free watch with it. I probably have no chance of winning, but tournaments are generally fun regardless!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustinRamone
    I'm going to a tournament for the first Halo tonight at Blockbuster, but I'm not going to pick up the game there. I have to work early in the morning and I'll pick it up at work where I can get the free watch with it. I probably have no chance of winning, but tournaments are generally fun regardless!
    Do you know if all Blockbusters are doing this? I am going to call my local store later. I love playing in tournaments.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

My copy of the collector's edition (with the DVD) is on it's way. I'm hoping it gets to me by Thursday because I have that day off and can spend it playing on Live.

My gamer tag is EmergencyCakes if anyone cares.

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We have to wait till the 11th over here That means I won't be reading tis thread again for another few days. I don't want anything to spoil the story for me! On the bright side, I am getting the Limited tin with the DVD etc

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

All I can say is if someone makes an MP3 of the gorgeous orchestration that plays on the title screen (not the Halo theme), I'll be your friend for life. It's not on the CD soundtrack, sadly...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I should get my copy of the LE Halo 2 tomorrow evening. My brother will pick it up with his. EBgames here was supposed to open at midnight, but for some reason, it will only open at 7am instead... Oh well, 7 more hours to wait.

I sure can't wait to play it with all the good reviews I have seen so far... I guess I will sleep a lot less for the next couple of days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Official Halo 2 thread

Alright, in my Philosophy of Religion class, somebody just said "Halo 2" as an example of a material good one might be very much focused on.

No, it was not a session of "give us an example of something that..." I take real classes, not this pansy hippie crap that seems to have been popular lately.

...But that's besides the point. It seems to me that Halo 2 must have very wide coverage to get to the point where random people I'm acquainted with know about it. I think five guys (myself included) must've nodded knowingly at that, though my being at the front of the class (you expected that one, eh? Well, I'm too lazy to walk to the back, so sod off) did impede my ability to check faces for reaction. Heard a fair bit of appreciative-sounding noises, though.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

My boyfriend's friends with an EB manager, and he was saying they had gotten 300 preorder requests for Halo 2. So they're being sent 600 copies of the game. That's a lot of Halo for one store. O.o

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not trying to bash the game right now, but here is what I think of the game so far.
    The campaign mode will be average, overrated like the first one. But Multiplayer is gunna be awsome. I want there to be more weapons hopefully, I haven't read up on this game much at all. Online should be awsome, and will definatly be lots of fun.

I won't be picking this game up probably ever. But I am looking foward to trying it. I guess only time will tell the end result.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will be picking mine up tonight at 12:00 am.

But honestly, im kind of tired of the hype this game is creating. Dont get me wrong I think it will be a great game. But I dont think it will be the end all be all of games.

Theres my 2 pennies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have yet to play Halo or even see the game in action, but now that I have an Xbox I'm gonna have to see what all the hooplah is about. I won't be buying Halo 2 anytime soon, but I'm gonna rent it as soon as I beat X-Men Legend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    The campaign mode will be average, overrated like the first one.
    Well, it's true that there's only so many ways of doing a strait-laced shooter with a realistic bent of mind, but I think you're selling the game short - hopefully by far.

In any case, it's comments like this that make it obvious to me that there's really no outstanding shooters anymore...it's either average or it's sub-par, if comments like this are to be believed (at times I agree).

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

And they probaly will sell 500 of those 600 copies in the first 24 hours.

I do plan to get the game but I'll pick up a used copy later.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Earlier today I was at EB and played the H2 they had in the demo Xbox. This was my first time ever playing a Halo game and got very sick & dizzy after only 5 minuets of play and had to stop (I usually get motion sickness when playing fps).

The ironic thing is that I already have H2 Collectors Edition on pre-order at Gamerush and will be picking it up at midnight tonight. No way in hell I'm going to be able to play this game though without throwing-up every half hour.

Oh well, maybe I can find someone that'll trade me Taiko Drum Master for it. :/

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I pre-order Halo 2 LE at my local EB store. Went in yesterday to pay it off and they gave me a free years subscription to Xbox Nation magazine. The guy tells me I should show up at the store around 9PM and get a ticket, then come back around 10PM and get in line. He's telling me this line is going to stretch across the malls parking lot by midnight! I'm not getting involved in that crap! I'll pick mine up tommorow after work.
    I received an Email from Target's 'Get Into the Game'. Says if you buy Halo 2 from Target they will give you the strategy guide for it free. Now that's a great deal!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I just came back from paying it off......I had a pre-order..Gamestop.

I wasn't going to be in the line at Midnight Madness tonight...But I have no choice..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    My boyfriend's friends with an EB manager, and he was saying they had gotten 300 preorder requests for Halo 2. So they're being sent 600 copies of the game. That's a lot of Halo for one store. O.o
    At my EB they have over 1200 preordered copies,now that is a lot of Halo!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Six Switch
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    At my EB they have over 1200 preordered copies,now that is a lot of Halo!
    Wow. Where do you live?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Earlier today I was at EB and played the H2 they had in the demo Xbox. This was my first time ever playing a Halo game and got very sick & dizzy after only 5 minuets of play and had to stop (I usually get motion sickness when playing fps).
    I know how that is. Luckily though I've never liked FPS games very much. Course I might like them more if I wasn't running to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Check out Gamespot's video "review". HIGHLY SUSPECT. If you've ever watched a Gamespot video review, you will immediately notice the difference. It is SO much like a commercial for the game, with the game's music playing throughout, and the reviewer saying stuff like "Halo 2 is more fun to play than other first-person shooters". Wow, that's insightful.

Here's my problem with Halo. Let's take another game system, let's say the Gamecube. Your average GC owner has an affectionate relationship with a number of games; Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, Super Monkey Ball, F-Zero GX etc.

The Playstarion owner is crazy for Castlevania SOTN, Wipeout XL, Gran Turismo, Ace Combat 2, and about a dozen other great games.

The X-Box owner is into: HALO. Oh my god Halo it's so great! That's all I've ever heard about the X-box. Honestly. If I bought an X-box tomorrow that's all I would know to buy, except for that wicked Steel Battalion controller.

So all the hype over Halo 2 comes as no surprise...it's the 2nd great game for the X-Box in 3 years...of course people are knocking each other out of the way to get their hands on it.