One of my favorite gaming memories comes from the summer my buddy and I spent playing Bard's Tale. It was the summer of '86, and my friend and I were *all* Commodore. Somehow, my friend and I had talked our parents into spending "the weekend" with each other instead of just one night. For the most part, we spent those weekends playing Bard's Tale.

My friend's mom would often leave us alone and leave us blank checks for lunch and/or dinner. With those checks we would order pizza to be delivered. With our pizza, a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper bottle for each of us, a bag of Cheetos and a pad of graph paper, we systematically set out to beat Bard's Tale. I can't remember if we ever did finally beat the game, but we spent the entire summer trying and having a blast doing so.

One of my favorite parts of that story is how we would play. We would play as a team until around midnight or so, when I would go to bed. I would wake up around 6am or so, and my friend would still be playing. Then we would trade off -- I would take over and he would go to sleep for five or six hours. We continued this for the entire weekend, or until the Commodore overheated.

What are some of you favorite gaming memories? Tell us a great gaming story that puts us there with you in your retro gaming memories!