Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official Halo 2 thread

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just want to say that I've had a copy for a few days and have had a chance to play a good bit of it. I like it more than Halo 1. Graphics look better, adn overall, the game looks nice. I look forward to playing more.
    Frobba.com - Stuff No One Cares About

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey All,
    I enjoyed my HALO 2 session at my nephews place tonight. I agree it's better than HALO 1. The new flying vehicles are a blast and much better weapons. Plus you can get a sword and other stuff early on. Im not sure who got it first, we got it here in Australia today. X-Box LIVE is fun though at times confusing. Meanwhile I'm just sticking with my Dreamcast and some NGPC on the side.

Nubian.
    Retrohead

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

I didn't bother preordering it for myself (I'll wait for x-mas) but a co-worker did. Took a nap from 7 'till 11 last night, got into line at about 11:20 and there were 100 people in front of him. He didn't get out of there 'till 1:15. Played 'till 6:00AM. And he's at work today and tomorrow (but he has Thursday and Friday off for some *serious* gaming).

It's fun living vicariously
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today is "Halo 2 Day" on G4TechTV...every show they broadcast today features Halo coverage in one way or another. Too bad there's no Judgment Day with an actual review of it...ditto for XPlay, though XPlay will be on, just not reviewing it. Many of these shows are reruns as they've had coverage of it on many shows throughout the year. G4TV.com at 10PM is the one new show I want to check out. Of course, most Halo fans won't be watching these shows...they'll be playing the game.

I'm not getting it today...I'll wait awhile. But I may pull out and play another FPS game to mark the occasiion, perhaps the original Halo or Serious Sam...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The EB in Sheboygan said that about 100 people will show up for sure. I was tempted to go check it out but I was working on fixing a PC till like 1 AM.

Anyway, this morning 97.3 "The Brew" (an 80's rock retro station) is having several audio "name that classic 80's game" contests throughout the morning to pseudo promote Halo 2's release.

I'll probably give Halo 2 a rent. I enjoyed the first one but it didn't move me like it did others. Probably because my group of friends don't do LAN parties and have issues with dual stick control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder if those people who were paying more than $200 for Halo 2 on Ebay have gotten and are enjoying the game by now? Paying 4 times the game's cost just to play it one or two days before anyone else is insane. But, hey, no one ever said gamers were normal people

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am picking mine up at lunch and will be playing tonight. I also picked up XBOX live last week in order to prepare for the madness.

How many of you will be playing online ? And what is your gamertag ?
    If you have not posted your gamertag before , please do so in this thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...26269&start=50

Mine is CaptainNintendo

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked mine up last night at EB. I got there at about 10:30, picked up my number(171) and then left and came back at 12am just to wait there until 1:45am which was the time I left. I picked up 2 LE's.

There was a total of 312 people picking up the game last night in that one EB and not to mention all the friends some people brought along with them, myself included. Thinking I might just beat the game first before hopping on XBL.

Im still pretty beat, so I wont start playing it until sometime this afternoon, Got the afternoon off, Yay!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ill be pickng my pre-ordered copy up on my way home from work today.

QUESTION: Can co-operitave play be done over lan or xbox live?

-james

Strawberry (Level 2) GunPanther's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, enjoy the games, guys.

As for us San Franciscan EB Games customers, some of us got shafted if we were unfortunate enough to pre-order the game at locations besides the Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square EB Games stores.

Even though it was advertised to be open for "Midnight Madness" on the EB Games website, the store I pre-paid my copy at was unfortunately closed.

When I stopped by the Union Square and Fisherman's Wharf stores to at least see if anything special was happening, I walked away even more dissappointed because neither of the two stores were doing 'nice' things like give away free promo items, hold raffles for prizes or anything fancy for that matter. All they did was sell the game. :/

Man.... do the San Francisco EB Games stores suck, or what?

GunPanther
    "Sometimes you just have to shoot their limbs to get their attention."

Good traders: Querjek, k8track, youruglyclone

http://users.ign.com/collection/gymleader_panther

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't planning on getting it but I cruised by my local Wal-Mart, saw it there and picked it up. It's only the 2nd time this year I've paid $50 for a game...MVP Baseball 2004 (which I'm still playing) was the other. I'd say both are worth the money.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Halo 2

I wonder what the lines looked like today for this game at the game stores etc..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know for sure you can't do co-op over live, which is a real shame. Hopefully, they'll address that in future downloadable content.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got back from the Gamestop I work at here in Connecticut. We officially had 803 preorders at our store, and sold 325 copies in the two hours we were open for Midnight Madness. Before 2PM today, we probably sold another 150 or so - mind you, that's before people get off from work.

Also, in this particular area (Manchester) there are two Gamestops within 2 minutes driving distance from each other. Apparently preorders at our other location were similar to ours, meaning our area probably had close to 1500 total preorders. We ended up mopping the floor with the EBGames down the hall

Also of note, we've been selling a LOT more Collector's Editions than standard editions, and generally have more Collector's Edition in stock. We got such a huge shipment of Halo 2, that you could come in and pick it up even if you didn't preorder it.

Also, we had a guy come up who had rserved the game around 11/16/02. He was one week shy of having the game preordered for two years - and he still had the receipt. Amazing!

My Complete Collection - Currently expanding my PS2 collection by buying up every five dollar game I see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Quote Originally Posted by Needle
    Also, we had a guy come up who had rserved the game around 11/16/02. He was one week shy of having the game preordered for two years - and he still had the receipt. Amazing!
    Wow! You all were actually taking pre-orders for this game back in November of 2002? C'mon now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I was at the midnight release, and have played the game 6 hours last night, and 4 more today.

First off, Live is seamless...I noticed no lag whatsoever. I love the dual weilding, and especially the plasma sword. Single player levels are fucking massive, Other then the graphical hiccups here and there, the game is pretty much everything I've wanted...of course, I haven't beaten it yet :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Intresting story: Went to EBX this afternoon to buy something. Guy there told me I was the 1st non-Halo 2 purchase the whole day so far.

Anyone buy a Halo 2 poster from EB yet?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79
    Wow! You all were actually taking pre-orders for this game back in November of 2002? C'mon now...
    Strange? Yes. True? Also yes. I didn't believe it either until I saw the receipt. I'm guessing the guy preordered it thinking, like many people, that the game was not going to be delayed so many times. Who knows for sure! The point of the matter is, I really have no reason to make something like this up

My Complete Collection - Currently expanding my PS2 collection by buying up every five dollar game I see

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79
    Strange? Yes. True? Also yes. I didn't believe it either until I saw the receipt. I'm guessing the guy preordered it thinking, like many people, that the game was not going to be delayed so many times. Who knows for sure! The point of the matter is, I really have no reason to make something like this up
    Its 100% true. I knew way before last night that Halo 2 was pre-ordered by many people awhile back and just last night I was talking to a few people who also had the game pre-ordered for many many months.

Like Needle said, The game was delayed many times.

Side note, Im about 50% done with Halo 2 on normal difficulty, I know this because my friend has already finished it and told me where I was in the game overall.

Next stop, Xbox Live.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

Yeah, one guy at the EB I went to was wondering how someone had a pre-order slip when there was no deposit paid on it. He asked the other clerk and he said that it's because they've been taking pre-orders for 3 years and it may have been put under reserve instead of pre-order. So yep, they've been taking pre-orders for a long-long time.

As for me, I went and stood in line at 10:15pm. I froze my ass off and was #93 in line out of over 500 people. What pissed me off was that I was close to the front of the line and at midnight they made everyone form 2 lines. One line for everyone who had paid in full and the other line for the people who owe money on it. Pissed me off because I was moved back to the line again all because I only paid $20 on it. It was about 1:45 when I finally walked away with my copy and there were still people coming into the mall. The employee told me they had over 1,000 pre-orders on it and everything was spoken for except for about 50 copies of the standard version.

As for the game, I played it for about 4 hours with 2 buddies. First impression is I was kinda dissapointed as I think it was overhyped as to me it's just about the same as the original. Not bad as it's definatly worth owning, but I think it's a tie with the first one and not too much better. Then again I didn't go online with it yet as I want to complete the game first. I hope online it will replace my daily Unreal Championship matches I've been playing for years and haven't found anything more enjoyable online.

Overall I think it's an excellent game just like the first one. Just don't think it's too much better though. Just my 2 cents.