Page 123 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, welcome to all the new members!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome new people! One and all.
    I hope you enjoy yourselves here. Just skirt around the annoying people and you'll be fine.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Edward Randy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all. I would have joined a long time ago had I known there was a retro gaming forum this active. If there is a member who uses the Tapper icon, I'll get a new one. It's just temporary anyway.

Insert Coin (Level 0) classicvgr90's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi forum

Name's John.
    Favorite consoles are the SNES, Odysseys 1 and 2, and the PC engine.
    Figured I'd join after lurking for awhile.
    EDIT: I just started collecting SNES stuff. Hopefully I'll achieve my goal of owning all SNES games ever made.
    A proud Odyssey˛ owner

On a quest to obtain all SNES games realeased in the USA. Current Status: 22/720

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Hello, my name is Tom and I work for a Museum in the UK collecting videogames! This includes hardware, software, magazines, marketing material and original design documents. Personally I grew up playing ZX Spectrum so have fond memories of Dizzy, Skool Daze, Chuckie Egg 2 etc...

Is there a Marketplace on this forum? I'm trying to find a certain item for an exhibition.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy,

This is Aaron, Age 18, from Texas in the United States. Lurked here awhile first found out about the place from one of AVGNs videos. I recently dug out my old NES (Action Set, Original Box and everything lol) and SNES (And Bought a Top Loader NES for $30 ) to start collecting and just to play some good games as there aren't as many truly good games coming out nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello My Name is Kenny I Am 18 Years old Im originally From Maui, Hawaii But I Currently Live in San Jose, California

First things first since I usually get told "WOW how do you really know this much about classic gaming at this age"

From being a Child my first memory was playing Super Mario Bros. Now this was when i was like 2.
    Even though at first i always fell in the first hole i started to get better and continued to play.
    It helped me in life. I would say that was my first real big experience problem solving. Which also got me into Preschool Early as well
    [I was Bright, Friendly and Talked ALOT I have adhd on top of it lol]

Now my family was always low on money my mom got me what she could but i still ended up playing alot of shit games [one of the reasons i like AVGN so much of course] But my mind just got more and more hungry for games so I started Trading which i fell in Love with in a Sense [Screw Renting lol]

Now fast foward to my 7th birthday I got a nintendo 64 from my dad. I still love the system But now looking back i feel kinda bad I didnt get a SNES next and get to experience that [friends had one] but now I have one too

So the next year on my 8th Birthday I started going out for work stuff like Lawn Mowing and a Paper Route.
    The money i earned actually got me started on collecting games and thats when we first got Internet [I use it alot before hand at school]

So I built up a big collection by the time I was 12. But some one broke in one day and stole all the good stuff all I pretty much have left now from those days is my N64 [They Stole a atari 5200, genesis, original gameboy and my 3 NES systems]

So after reading for years and years about rare games and collecting I am ready to get back into it again.

So here I am. Nice to Meet you all and to be Associated with such a Awesome Collective of People
    Last edited by ZombieK; 07-01-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Broomoid

My name is Colin, and I've been gaming since the mid 80s when I got an Amstrad CPC 664. I did a lot of spectrum gaming back then as well, and I still play both amstrad and Speccy emulators fairly frequently. Favourite games from back then include Starquake, Sorcery+, Knightlore and 3d Starstrike. The first and second consoles largely passed me by - just the age I was I think, but I got back into PC gaming in 1998 with Tie Fighter and Freespace 2.

Now I'm an xbox gamer. Currently playing MW2 and Red Dead Redemption. Nice to be here.

Colinoid.

--
    Manic Miner - The Opera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5OMR9idyE
    --

Insert Coin (Level 0) BioHazardx3's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey. I'm Stacey, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Wales. I found this forum when I googled horror games for the Sega Megadrive and I found a thread on this forum.

I have a lot of games I like so I won't list them all but I'll list the ones I play the most they are: Megaman, Pokémon, Resident Evil, Sonic the Hedgehog and the Mario series. I haven't started collecting games for systems yet, my lack of a job means I'm broke most of the time. xD

I'm a college student studying childcare even though I want to work in the video games industry. =\ Completing this course will make getting a job a little easier, I have plenty of time to go to university. xD

I got into video gaming when I was about 4 years old when my grandfather bought me a snes, I've been playing games since then.

So, that's me. =)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Pete from Minnesota.

I've been gaming most of my life (34 years).

I started with a 2600 as a kid and moved up to a C64, then an NES, then a Genesis/Sega CD and a Game Gear....Girls.....Nintendo 64...then more girls...Then a Dreamcast...Marriage, Kids....Xbox....Then Xbox360.

I remember Buying a Sega CD the day it came out and I had saved my money all summer long, It seemed so awesome at the time.

Now, I'd like to revive those memories and am trying to get back all those games and sytems I sold at garage sale for next to nothing. Man, those prices have gone up!

Now I have back a NES, Genesis, Game Gear, SNES (never had one before), Xbox and Xbox 360. I'd love a Sega CD now, but I have to take on this collection slowly....So the Mrs. doesn't get too worried about finances.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Double Ugly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, I'm Tim from Charlotte, NC.

I started collecting about 2 years ago or so. I collect what I feel like at any given time. I probably found this site by searching for something and going off on a tangent. I've been browsing the forums and using the guide for a couple months now. I figured I would make an account because I'll probably have something to say soon or later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello every one. I am Daniel from South Africa.

Been gaming since I was four back in 93. Started on the nes and worked my way up. I will always remember those days fondly.

Great forum
    Retro is king

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nes<3

Hello im new to the site and live in nj. dose your store sell nes games (im sure it does)but just making sure thanks

-jesse
    Kindude74@yahoo.com

Ps. Im coming tommorrow.

Insert Coin (Level 0) EvilSlefo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    slefo

Default I have arrived

Yes, it is true.

OK, not that self centered.

Just wanted to say I think this site is AWESOME. Recently began collecting games after my friend got me a copy of FF7 black label for PS1...Part of my collection now incloudes every FF, 1-13, including tactics, all black label.

My day job is working for as an Editor for an online news site in Chicago.

Something interesting: two of my uncles owned a video store and they would rent NES and, eventually, SNES games. My cousin and I were pretty spoiled with games as a result. However, I've played my share of crap that's covered on AVGN.

Yea, really into collecting RPGs for PS1, NES and SNES. Some PS2. And one more thing, I'm usually alone on this one, but I think Fire Emblem for Cube and Wii is the BEST STRATEGY RPG ever!

"What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have @ you!"

Insert Coin (Level 0) spongerob's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Rob. Just a guy who enjoys the memory of old school gaming.

- Where you live
    Depends. Today I went into space in a Big Whale and landed on the Moon.

- How you found the forums
    Random google-fu

- What your favorite games are
    Legend of Zelda: ALTTP
    FFII (SNES)
    FFIII(SNES)
    Metal Gear series
    Silent Hill series
    Halo series
    NHL 10
    Chrono Cross

too many to think of at the moment...

- What systems you collect for
    At the moment, NES, SNES and Genesis.

- What you do in "real life"
    Tech

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Nothing at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, from Canada here, just recently starting collecting for SNES. I also game on the 360, PSP, PC, and GP2X Wiz. I've got a GBC, but just Pokemon Gold, and I barely use it. I've got around 25 360 games, 15 SNES games, and a few PSP games.
    The Wiz is cool as it's got all the emulators I need and it's fairly small and portable. I also like how I can transfer my X-Com save from the PC to the build on the Wiz and play it on the go. Neat little unit.
    Some of my favourite games are Fallout 3 (360), Skate 3 (360), Civ series (PC), X-Com (PC), NetHack (PC), FF3 (SNES), Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES), Super Metroid/Prime series (SNES/GC), Super Mario World/Allstars (SNES), and Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past (SNES).
    I plan to keep my SNES for as long as I can, and want to build a complete collection someday.. have already purchased some repro's as well.
    Last edited by Damaja; 07-06-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New here. Been lurking since early 2008, seriously. Figured it was about time to try to contribute.
    I'm into collecting consoles mostly (58 +/- according to my excel spreadsheet), but have aquired quite a few games as well.

I started with an Intellivision, back when they were new (remember going to Kmart to pick it out). Still have that unit and all the games I had growing up. I took a console hiatus and went to PC gaming, which was WAY expensive back in the double 3dfx days. Got out of the PC biz and back into consoles which is where I am now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi - I'm Rich - my parents bought me the Sears Tele-Sys game system when it came out. Several years later, they tossed it... so, I started re-collecting in the 90's - have so many double we're now offering them...

Also collect 2600, 5200, 7800, Intellivision and Coleco...
    Always Adding NEW Games & Manuals For Sale --
    http://www.uncommoncollection.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) MicroByte's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow

- Who you are: MicroByte
    - Where you live: Plano TX
    - How you found the forums: Searching for Portable Systems
    - What your favorite games are:16-bit rule!
    - What systems you collect for: SNES, Gameboy, N64
    - What you do in "real life": Computer Geek
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: My first game experience was an arcade game with 2 cowboys and a cactus in the middle. I was probably 3 and could barely reach the arcade controls. It's still something I remember and was my first step into what I've loved ever since!

I've probably been reading these forums for months now, but finally decided to make the plunge and join!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: underscore ego
    - Where you live: Allen, TX
    - How you found the forums: Trying to fix my SNES Game Genie.
    - What your favorite games are: Mostly good RPGs.
    - What systems you collect for: Anything that I actually want to play on. SNES lately.
    - What you do in "real life": play guitar and go to school.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: One time there was a skunk in the parking lot at work and I panicked and punted it away.