Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Animaniac's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Andrew. I actually signed up awhile ago (Around the time of the classic Nerd/Captain S/Critic battle. I was there. I'm the chubby short guy in the glasses on the left when Doug walks in ) Been gaming since I was 5. Owned (and still do own) these systems:

Sega Master System (Not sure if I still have this)
    SNES (Best of all time)
    Sega Genesis (With a Master System converter)
    N64
    PSX (Which I neglected for the longest time until recently. I played FF VII for the first time last month...I'M 23! )
    Game.Com
    Game Gear
    Game Boy Color
    Original Game Boy (Don't know if I still have this)
    PS2 (Traded this for some SNES games)
    Nintendo Wii (Gave this to my sister. I'm at college and I have a small dorm room.)
    May get a PS3 in the future. Don't know.

I'm also autistic (Parents found out I had Asperger's when I was little.) Despite that, I was able to graduate with a Regents diploma and could have a Bachelor's in 2 years. Not bad for someone in my situation.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im Scott Pratt, I'm 16 and i just stumbled upon this site recently and decided to create an acount. I'm a fairly easy person to get along with, I love anime and video games. Im trying to collect every final fantasy game for what ever system they come out for, but it's har for me to keep track. and im just looking for a good time where ever i go. Well thats it for now. I hope i get to know you all on a more personal note later so don't be shy.
    Last edited by Itachi_the_fallen_god; 09-25-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) newkillergenius's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default :rockets:

Newkillergenius, here to save the day.

Oklahoma collector. Looong time collector. Cheers!

Sup FLACK?!
    My VAPS
    YouTube channel
    OCOC High Scores: Donkey Kong,Bubbles,Juno First,Arm Wrestling,Packrat,1942,Time Pilot.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all!

I'm Rob, from Chicago, and I collect for all the systems I own.

Which is a lot.

So yeah... I learned about Digital Press on rfgeneration.com, and I have finally signed up here. I may have a 'small' collection, but my goals are large. I want to own, by the end of summer next year, every Sega console/handheld released in the US. Not a bad goal, considering I am over half there!

My profile: http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/in...profile;u=1263

My collection: http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

Hope to be an active poster!!!

Tschüss, und guten Abend! (I am studying German in HS)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’ve posted here a couple of times, and even bought a Genesis here, but we’ve never really introduced ourselves, so in a way we are sorta new to this forum.

My wife and I are are in our late 30s.

We both love retro-gaming, and love all of our old systems
    (Atari 2600, TI-99/4A, Tomy Tutor, 3DO, Genesis/Sega CD, Duo-R/PC-Engine, N64, NES, Jaguar, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, and a Gamecube with GBA player)

We play all kinds of games, retro and current,
    and have a ps3, Xbox 360 and also a Wii

We are just getting into homebrew and collecting obscure and old back-up devices, though we are just starting with that. We are just getting into homebrew, and are going to start with the Jaguar.

We play all kinds of games, retro and current,
    Especially obscure stuff and stuff from Japan.
    We play lots of Turn-based and rhythm games, though we also play 3rd person shooters and all kinds of stuff.

I love to make lists, and am working on several over the last year (like all point-n-click games on consoles, my co-op game list, all rhythm games list- There’s loads of existing lists, but none are comprehensive, etc. etc.)

(Right now, I'm getting some rhythm games from Japan through a deputy service, a bunch that I've never seen reviews of - we'll see if we can get past the Japanese!!!
    I’ll have to list the names when I get time)

Anyway, if anyone here is in Humboldt (its on the coast and at the very top of the state, about an hour south of Oregon), drop us a line.....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spam!!1!
    Last edited by PapaStu; 11-17-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Spamz!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

What, a spammer?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everybody,

My name is Aaron, I am Italian and I will stay in the US for one year (maybe two). I am attending a Master in Laws in San Francisco.

I am 34 years old and I played with almost all systems during my life, starting with the Commodor Vic 20 and lasting with X Box 360 and Wii.

I have to admit that I don't really like the new systems and I am in love with the old ones.

Given that I don't have much money this year (I have to pay the tuition for the Master), I wanted to buy a videogame system here in the US and I was wondering which system I should have chosen.

Well, yesterday I went to the great Icarus Games in Berkeley and I bought a fantastic old NES system with four games:

Super Mario 3
    Dr. Mario
    Chip & Dale
    RC...(I don't remember the name)

I am brand new in videogame collection. I always played with my videogames without any collection goal :-)

I am a comic book collector, thus I know what collecting items is about and I am really enjoying my new passion. I want to learn, to know, to share info with you and to have fun!

Many thanks!

Aaron

P.S. Any suggestion on places where I can find old games stuff here in SF or Berkeley is very much appreciated :-)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Soisatsananastasios's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lazaropoulos

Default Hey there

Name's Taso and I'm from NJ

My friend Dave told me bout this place so I came to check it out and found it is everything a gamer could ask for

Favorite games would have to be Wild arms series until Wild arms 4 etc. and really any good RPG out there

Currently I collect PS2, PSone, Xbox, GC,Genesis, Dreamcast, Sega CD, SNES, and NES (not looking for completion just for a couple rare abd good ones

In real life I'm just a student who likes gaming to a hardcore level

Other things about me is that I HATE (with a passion) Xbox live sqeakers and kids who can't handle it mature or who take it too far.

Insert Coin (Level 0) allyourbase's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, DP!

all your base are belong to nashville, tn.
    i'm into nes,snes,famicom,sfc,ngpc,dc currently.
    active collecting most all of these, albeit passively for the neo-pocket and dreamcast.
    im in for 140 snes games
    9 sfc games
    70+ nes games
    24 dc
    11 ngpc
    4 famicom
    14 Nintendo DS/GBA

Im into beat-em-ups, obscure jp platformers, party games, different and interesting rpg's and strategy (woot! fire emblem, advance wars etc.)

and have been collecting randomly for 2 years now. I love the fact that I can get all of the games that I so badly wanted in the late 80's and early 90's on the cheap, since price was the only reason keeping my mom from getting me many titles when i was little. talk about 'long overdue'.
    hope to have fun, learn some things and hopefully get more out of the hobby in general by sharing with you guys!

happy holidays!
    Earning XP since 1986
    USA SNES game count- 94
    USA NES game count- 119
    "Punch him in the mouth to stun him... Then throw your Poke'ball!" -Allyourbase

Insert Coin (Level 0) AllP0werToSlaves's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First of all I would just like to say I've been searching for a GOOD retro gaming forum for months, and I stumbled upon this one FINALLY last night. I'm very impressed with the layout and the maturity level of the members here, so I decided to join.

I'm only 20 years old, but I grew up in the 90's and had the luxury of playing the SNES and Genesis classics we all know and love; I'm obsessed with 16-bit gaming! My collection isn't very large but I'm getting into collecting more and more carts; an awesome retro gaming store just opened about 20 mins down the road from me and they have everything.

I love games like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania; all the classics that made Nintendo so great. At the same time, I play gems like "Toe Jam and Earl Panic On Funkotron" for the Genesis (what I consider THE best Genesis title, and possibly the best platformer ever ), but I hope to learn a lot here! My thirst for all things classic gaming must be quenched, and this looks like the place to do so!

Again, awesome site dudes and thank you for supplying me with such awesome info!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone,
    I am Kain and living south of UA =) I collect for PlayStation games and consoles. My favorite games are Crash Bandicoot series, Legend of Mana and Vanguard Bandits. In real life I am a student and studying for lawyer. Collecting the PlayStation games and stuff is my hobby. Also, I am fond of Japanese culture, like anime/manga/traditions and sakura!
    In 1998 I received my first videogame console, PlayStation and from that time I am searching more information about that one and collect my favorite games and stuff, what I interested in.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ironpunch's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Marlucas

I'm Marcos, I'm 16 and I live in Portugal. I found the forums by googling 'collecting videogames', because I wanted to get some tips. My favourite games of all time are the MGS series, the Ratchet & Clank series, the God of War series and Resident Evil 4. Now I collect for PS2 and PS3. In "real life" I'm a student. I didn't really strated collecting, I just have games that I've been buying along the years (close to 100). A couple of months ago I made my first investment on my collection by buying a Master System II and a Mega Drive II (my second one, the other one is broken :S). I plan of starting to buy more things when I start working this Summer.

If you want to chat with me just send me a PM. See you on the forums!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's Up!? Im Joshua. I live in Florida. My favorite game ever is Metal Gear Solid. The first game I ever played was Super Mario bros. 3 on the nes. I have been sending a lot of time lately on Cod:5 on live. I also love Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but am stilllll not very good at at. lol

Insert Coin (Level 0) DonDoubleu3's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hail!

Hello, All!

Long time visitor to the site. I've lurked for years and decided to pop onto the forums.

I'm a fan of the 2600 and retrogaming in general. Glad to be part of the group!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love pc game, i have found pc gaming tips, so i am here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pulawman
    PSN
    pulawman

Default puLawman's Intro

- Who you are
    Go by puLawman or Cash, real name is Cody

- Where you live
    Live in the miserable region of northern Indiana

- How you found the forums
    I'm a forum addict and really wanted to participate in forum about retro gaming, a couple words into trusty ol' Google and viola....digitpress

- What your favorite games are
    I have a lot of favs, but those that stand out most are usually fighting games or adventure/platform games
    *Tobal No.1/2
    *Street Fighter franchise
    *Crash Bandicoot 1/2
    *Super Mario World
    *Genesis Sonic series

- What systems do you collect for?
    Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 1/2, Snes, GB/GBA

- What you do in "real life"
    Recent graduate of Purdue University...now working in the automotive manufacturing industry and hopefully returning to school full time next fall.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I purchased a Genesis console last year after remembering all the great child hood memories that I had playing games on these legacy systems. Well, I went on a buying frenzy and now I own a Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Snes, and a DS (GBA). I'm having great times finding good deals on classic games. My wife and I also tend to have more fun playing these old games than we do playing my Xbox 360 and PS3.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a Canadian. I speak Japanese and worked briefly as a translator so I mostly play Japanese games to stay sharp. They feel like less of a waste of time that way.

I went back to school a few years ago so most of my collection is in storage back at home but (somewhere) I have:
    NES (Original and a knock-off famicon)
    SNES
    GB GBA GBASP
    DS (Jap)
    PSOne (Jap)
    Ps2 (Jap and US)
    PSP (Jap)
    Xbox
    Dreamcast
    Game Gear
    NeoGeo Pocket
    Wonderswan Colour

I had a Japanese Saturn (one of the rare phillips ones) and a Japanese Gamecube but I got rid of them. I'm only really into stuff that I played (or wanted) when it was new.

Some of the highlights of my game collection are all the main Final Fantasy games, almost all of the Dragon Quests, nearly all the Marios, Downtown (Japanese River City Ransom), Ikaruga, most (all?) the square games for the WS, stacks of Japanese PS1 stuff. I've sold most of the pricey stuff I had, I'm more of a gamer than a collector. I just prefer the classics
    Last edited by GrumpyTF; 01-26-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is john and I live in america. I found the forums by searching video game rarity guide. My 5 favorite games are mario 3, mario galaxy, resident evil 4, left 4 dead and chrono trigger. I collect for nes, sega genesis, snes, sega saturn, sega dreamcast, nintendo 64, gamecube, wii, game boy, game boy color, game boy advanced, nintendo ds, xbox, xbox 360, ps1, ps2, psp and sega game gear. Im not old enough to get a job. Ive been playing video games since I was 3. I havent collected video games until a few years ago when I noticed how many video games I accualy had. I own about 500+ video games and I play runescape a ton.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Retail Gaming Guy

I work for a company that helps get new game stores set up & running. Dont claim to be the most fanatic gamer around, but know my way around retail. I work with stores like Game Stop, Play N Trade, FX Game exchange, Game Zone, Wattles Game System, Etc. If anyone is planing to open a store, or needs help with an existing one let me know. I'm happy to help. christopher@shopperinc.com